Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Who was more loved/popular in Philly?

AI and it isn't even close...

The Donovan hate runs so deep in Philly some times it is sickening.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #17
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hateraid

J/J, AI. Dr.J trumps
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #18
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

AI

and its true. I dont understand why people dont like McNabb more. He has tried to be everything the fans say they want in a player and yet he has people almost hoping he fails so they can get rid of him
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianballer
prob the same reason u make any of your threads put the quote above my respnse, you happy bitch?
You are an embarrassment.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
AI

and its true. I dont understand why people dont like McNabb more. He has tried to be everything the fans say they want in a player and yet he has people almost hoping he fails so they can get rid of him
I do. Philly is a tough blue collar town that appreciates blue collar mentality in their athletes. Mcnabb is a great player undoubtedly but it's way deeper than that. The fans have a very personal intimate relationship with their sports which is why they are such a passionate group and also what enables them to want to really connect with their athletes on a deeper level. Most Philly fans feel nothing in common with Donovan. He's relaxed, he smiles when he makes bad throws, he isn't a vocal leader, he doesn't possess a lot of intensity, etc.

You take a player like B Dawk who plays with a very high level of intensity, who is willing to fight to the very end, and is extremely passionate and vocal about his love for the city and fans and he has been immortalized in this city forever. Donovan and Philly just don't mix never have never will. He'll always be underappreciated.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #21
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I do. Philly is a tough blue collar town that appreciates blue collar mentality in their athletes. Mcnabb is a great player undoubtedly but it's way deeper than that. The fans have a very personal intimate relationship with their sports which is why they are such a passionate group and also what enables them to want to really connect with their athletes on a deeper level. Most Philly fans feel nothing in common with Donovan. He's relaxed, he smiles when he makes bad throws, he isn't a vocal leader, he doesn't possess a lot of intensity, etc.

You take a player like B Dawk who plays with a very high level of intensity, who is willing to fight to the very end, and is extremely passionate and vocal about his love for the city and fans and he has been immortalized in this city forever. Donovan and Philly just don't mix never have never will. He'll always be underappreciated.

true no doubt..

its just tough to stomach Philly fans sometimes (they irk me sometimes and Im one of them)

Passionate group, but a little over the top some of the time....
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #22
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm still hoping AI goes back to the Sixers to finish his career. Just take less money to finish it up where he's loved and not criticized for everything he does. Plus I honestly think a team of him, Iggy, Miller, Brand and Dalembert would be pretty decent in the East.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #23
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I'm still hoping AI goes back to the Sixers to finish his career. Just take less money to finish it up where he's loved and not criticized for everything he does. Plus I honestly think a team of him, Iggy, Miller, Brand and Dalembert would be pretty decent in the East.
I don't want him back bro! He burnt serious bridges in the organization too. Missing practice, being late or not showing for team functions (including charities work, etc), never displayed a team first attitude. To top all of he impeded the development of young players and although they wouldn't go on record but none of the players enjoyed playing with him. The team has been so much better since he left.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't want him back bro! He burnt serious bridges in the organization too. Missing practice, being late or not showing for team functions (including charities work, etc), never displayed a team first attitude. To top all of he impeded the development of young players and although they wouldn't go on record but none of the players enjoyed playing with him. The team has been so much better since he left.

well besides all that...
Old 02-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #25
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
well besides all that...
Just my opinion. A lot of ppl in Philly would welcome him back. I was never a fan. I appreciate him and a tremendous scorer but that's as far it goes for me.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

I kinda want him back.... But I do agree. Now that the team has gotten beyond the issues he brought to the team, its unrealistic to bring him back with the same group...

they dont seem totally able to carry the team without him (the way he did often by himself), but they can learn that... and he makes too much doe.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #27
B-Low
The Love B-Low

I'd just like to see it for emotional reasons i guess. Just as something like the circle being completed. Like how Pippen retired a Bull when all was said and done. Nobody expected him to come back and lead them anywhere but it just seems right for him to retire with the team that's going to retire his jersey, who he'll enter the hall of fame as a member of, etc. So he can get the ovation he deserves in his final game ever
Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #28
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbryant
I know Kobe is not loved in there,but isn't he popular?

good god
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #29
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

kobe would be loved in philly.....if he wasnt a laker.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

I hear Kobe says he could suit up at WR for the Eagles if he wanted to right now,...

Now I hate Kobe as much as any self respecting Philadelphian, but I'd forget all that and welcome him here if he was serious.....

he'd be a beast for a few years

[img]http://media.nbcconnecticut.com/images/300*168/kobe-eagles-jersey.jpg[/img]
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: