Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #31
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Who was more loved/popular in Philly?

The most beloved character missed, hands down, no if's,ands , or buts is THE FRESH PRINCE...please bringem back.
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #32
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I do. Philly is a tough blue collar town that appreciates blue collar mentality in their athletes. Mcnabb is a great player undoubtedly but it's way deeper than that. The fans have a very personal intimate relationship with their sports which is why they are such a passionate group and also what enables them to want to really connect with their athletes on a deeper level. Most Philly fans feel nothing in common with Donovan. He's relaxed, he smiles when he makes bad throws, he isn't a vocal leader, he doesn't possess a lot of intensity, etc.

You take a player like B Dawk who plays with a very high level of intensity, who is willing to fight to the very end, and is extremely passionate and vocal about his love for the city and fans and he has been immortalized in this city forever. Donovan and Philly just don't mix never have never will. He'll always be underappreciated.

I'd say this defines it pretty good, I'm wondering just how 'loved' KG would be here, because he is VERY intense.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #33
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Marlo said everything that needed to be said. The thing I hate about Donovan is it never seems like a loss affects him. It irked me seeing smiling and laughing as a football analyst only a couple days after the Arizona loss.

As for AI coming back, it won't happen. Him and Ed Snider didn't exactly have the best relationship, and the way it all ended (with the organization not the fans) wasn't on good terms. I'd like to see him retire a Sixer, but in the way that Randall Cunningham retired an Eagle.

AI is Philly. Brian Dawkins is Philly. Bernard Hopkins is Philly. Donovan McNabb is Donovan McNabb.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #34
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I cant say Im a Huge McNabb fan, but I do feel bad for the guy, because he has tried his best to be the stand up classy blah blah BS that fans always complain is lacking in athletes and what did he get for his effort?

not even as much love as AI got

Donovan irked me with the way he handled the whole TO fiasco, but beyond that, I feel like the fans are waaay to critical of the guy, to the point where they over analyze every word out of his mouth and blame him not bringing a title here when you can see that he is usually carrying the offense all by himself....

he tends to miss some throws, but he makes up for it with his ability to make big plays with his feet and stay alive in the pocket when other Qbs would be crushed....

I remember Rodney Peete and Bobby Hoying and Ty Detmer and Mike Mcmahon....

McNabb has made philly fans a bit spoiled and its sad to see so many of them dont seem to appreciate the level of play McNabb brings to the team..

He is goofy and his sense of humor is wack

but Im glad he is our Qb and I hope he gets it done here, so he can get the praise he deserves
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mcnabb has been the best Eagles QB since Randall Cunningham. Definately underappreciated. Fans wanting him to be traded, cut, gone are fools. There is no better aquisition out there. You get rid of Mcnabb you are rebuilding. Rebuilding = losses, growing pains. And this fanbase who is starving for a SB will be sitting there moaning and bytching for seasons to come.

Mcnabb has his knocks as a QB. Mcnabb may not be the big gamer/clutch performer as some want (as they see in a Tom Brady, Ben Roths). But he pretty much as Rasheed says carries this offense on his back. This team cant be a pass happy without a legit #1 WR stud. A guy on 3rd and long gets you the first down. A guy who makes the big play. A guy who makes the big catch. And most importantly a guy who improves your red zone offense where you can go to him and get 6. With a player who not only can do/bring that it requires alot of attenion from opposing defenses thus opening up the field for others to make plays/produce.

Far too long they neglected it and relied on the system making the players, spreading the pigskin around and really depending on B.West who as i hate to say it is injury prone/durability issues.

Offline i always gotta argue for Mcnabb when he gets bashed as a choker, cant get it done in big games, isnt that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
kobe would be loved in philly.....if he wasnt a laker.

Dunno...hard to say really. KG would be loved here.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #36
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
he tends to miss some throws, but he makes up for it with his ability to make big plays with his feet and stay alive in the pocket when other Qbs would be crushed....

o rly? cause i have not seen that mcnabb in years.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #37
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
o rly? cause i have not seen that mcnabb in years.

he doesnt take off and run for yards all that much, but he is always staying alive in the pocket with his feet and his big frame...

how many times have you seen him surrounded and somehow big D Tackles and Linebackers cant quite bring him down?

he gets free, finds somebody in the flat or down the field for a big play that shouldnt have happened..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #38
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOEq7p4r00U

*sigh*

It still hurts.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: