Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 03-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Warriors waive PG Marcus Williams

The Warriors are in the process of waiving seldom-used point guard Marcus Williams, but the paperwork wasn't completed by the end of the day.

Bay Area News Group

Thoughts? Any teams out there who'll take a chance on him? Suns?

UPDATE: He's officially waived: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3766

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-10-2009 at 02:48 PM.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Marcus Williams waived

What took so long?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
craiye
Local High School Star

craiye has decent reputation

Since we've passed the deadline he won't be eligable for a playoff roster spot, right? If that's the case, I'm not sure if the Suns would sign him since they're still trying to catch the Mavs.

I could maybe see the Grizz taking a chance on him. Their PG situation isn't great.
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

When we drafted Marcus, I knew it was supposed to be the "smart" choice but I really wanted Kyle Lowry. Still do.

Marcus' main problem is his swagger. He'll think he is best player on the team and it'll cloud his judgment when the game is on the line. I've seen him play us back to games with that confidence, but at the same time play us out of a lot of games. The passes that he saw at the beginning of the game he'll miss at the end cause he wants the shot. If he played consistently from start to end with the same methodology he'd be a solid player in this league. Atleast as good as a Chris Duhon. But he doesn't.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

That was kind of a d!ck move by the W's, why not waive him a couple weeks ago so he could have been eligible for a playoff roster, should someone have wanted him?
It's not as though they just had this notion to waive him today.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I had actually wanted the Cs to draft him over Rondo. Which just goes to show what I know about basketball. He may get a look from someone but this magnifies the character issues that he showed signs of in college (got busted for stealing a laptop) and followed him into Jersey (there were unquoted questions about his attitude). If he had a clean reputation I'd say he at least gets a training camp invite or even a tryout from some bad team this season. But because he's earned a label as a bad guy most teams won't bother with him. You can't be both a low-impact player as well as a problem child.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I had actually wanted the Cs to draft him over Rondo.

Yeah well I wanted Indy to draft him over Shawne Williams. And Rondo over Shawne Williams. Man, Shawne Williams and that dreaded "potential." Never did understand not taking Marcus, sure, character issues. Then the guy we draft gets busted with weed and a gun in the car and then harbors a wanted murderer that "was a friend of my daddy." Man that pick sucked.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe one day his game will catch up with his ego.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I don't follow the Nets as well as I could, but it seems like he did better when he had Jason Kidd as a mentor.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
That was kind of a d!ck move by the W's, why not waive him a couple weeks ago so he could have been eligible for a playoff roster, should someone have wanted him?
It's not as though they just had this notion to waive him today.
I'm guessing that they were taking their time evaluating him and just weren't sure at the time of the deadline, but it could be that Nelly didn't like him and so did this as a kind of punishment. Though the interest in him from playoff teams would probably have been weak. Maybe if the Hawks don't like Bibby's back-up they give him a look, but then again, Williams hasn't shown much himself.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

uh oh the warriors only have 5 point guards now
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm guessing that they were taking their time evaluating him and just weren't sure at the time of the deadline, but it could be that Nelly didn't like him and so did this as a kind of punishment. Though the interest in him from playoff teams would probably have been weak. Maybe if the Hawks don't like Bibby's back-up they give him a look, but then again, Williams hasn't shown much himself.
They decided early on they didn't like him, nor want him. From playing Watson and Nelson over him to keeping him inactive a majority of the season despite the absence of Monta. I think it was doen completely out of spite, but yeah that's why I said "if" any playoff team would be interested in him. I'm not sure of any that would be either, but it would have been nice if both sides had that option.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I don't follow the Nets as well as I could, but it seems like he did better when he had Jason Kidd as a mentor.

Mathius

His time to shine was once Kidd left town and Harris was injured... and he did, for a couple of games. The only effect Kidd had was that NJ fans saw how much better the team played under Kidd and how quickly the lead would shrink (or deficit would grow) with Marcus in.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

They should have traded him early in the season,actually before the season when Don Nelson realized that he didn't want him on the team.

He'll probably head to Europe and try to earn a contract next year in Summer League.

I doubt a non-Playoff team would be interested,maybe the Clippers because they need some help at PG.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
PoGoMon
ageless wonder

PoGoMon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Maybe one day his game will catch up with his ego.

You got that right! Talk about "much ado about NOTHING" - His game matches his ego- ZILCH. If he had a decent ego, he would have respected this game - he did have talent, but the NBA requires more than just talent.
PoGoMon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: