Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-25-2006, 11:49 PM   #76
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I cant believe how bad these guys are looking. Vick isnt John Elway but these recievers are just dropping everything. Getting no space. Its terrible. Give him one sure handed WR with good route running and Vick looks like a whole other player.

Vick can't throw the ball - it's not a coincidence that no good reciever has never succeeded with him. Peerless Price was dominant in Buffalo, goes to Atlanta - lays an egg. They have Ashley Lelie, who can't do anything. Michael Jenkins was a first rounder, Roddy White was a first rounder. There is only one reciever who has done well with Michael Vick, and that's Alge Crumpler.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #77
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Vick can't throw the ball - it's not a coincidence that no good reciever has never succeeded with him. Peerless Price was dominant in Buffalo, goes to Atlanta - lays an egg. They have Ashley Lelie, who can't do anything. Michael Jenkins was a first rounder, Roddy White was a first rounder. There is only one reciever who has done well with Michael Vick, and that's Alge Crumpler.
i think you have a point but to be fair, peerless price had alvin harper disease. He was fine as a number 2 he just couldnt get it done as a number 1. He hasnt suceeded anywhere since either...
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:53 PM   #78
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Peerless Price is a one year wonder, where is he now? He ain't doing nothing, and he's no longer with Atlanta.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:55 PM   #79
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
i think you have a point but to be fair, peerless price had alvin harper disease. He was fine as a number 2 he just couldnt get it done as a number 1. He hasnt suceeded anywhere since either...

Fair enough, bottom line though, Vick has been provided with sufficient weapons. He isn't a good quarterback, he is a game changer and surely has a great impact, but he totally takes his recievers out of the game.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:21 AM   #80
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

It's ashame that Vick can get away with murder, but we have a QB like McNabb who has taken crap basically his entire career and has lead his team to several championship games, to the super bowl, and even threw 4 TD's on a broken foot. But he still takes all that crap.

It's sad. It truly is.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:29 AM   #81
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Saints win and Avery wearing a Saints shirt. Does it get any better than that?
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #82
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Brian Finneran was alright with Vick.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:02 AM   #83
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Everybody always say's that the Falcons WR's drop passes. So do other teams. This happens with every team in the league almost. Moreover, I only watched the first half because I got alittle tired of all the Saint's loving... But what I saw, was a team that knew just what the Falcons were going to do in the passing game.

Why? It's because the Falcons aren't allowed to have a really offensive system because Vick can't run one. He can't. That also aids in making the WR's look bad.

The Falcons on offense looked like a playground team today and the Saints new this and you see the results.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:11 AM   #84
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Falcons dropped 2 TD passes. not poorly thrown ones. I mean in their hands and dropped as they came down. Alge just dropped his out of nowhere.

And Price wasnt dominant. He was good with moulds getting doubled but in an 8 year career he had that one 1000 yard season and the next year he had 837 with the Falcons. he had 890 and under his 2 years in Buffalo before the 1000 yard one. And he caught 6 balls last year for the Cowboys.

So its not like Price is a proven guy you know is gonna produce with decent QB play.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:00 AM   #85
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

come on benson bring the saints to SAN ANTONIO!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:19 AM   #86
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Ron Mexico was his usual un-accurate self. This game was mad hyped, but it was for lack of better words: extremely boring.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:20 AM   #87
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

McNabb over Ron Mexico, all day, seven days a week, and twice on Sundays. The Vick family as a whole is full of retards.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:36 AM   #88
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

vick is a better qb this year that he ever was, hes improving and if falcs win, it doesnt matter... they just had a bad game today. and if we're gonna talk mcnabb, we're talkin the best qb in the game. i dont care if you tell me payton manning or whatever, mcnabb has proved hes a winner. give him a marvin harrison and reggie wayne and see what he can do. hell, you gave him a non-disgrunteld TO for one year and they went to the superbowl..something peyton couldnt do his entire career with harrison.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #89
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
So its not like Price is a proven guy you know is gonna produce with decent QB play.

Price had a great year when he was working for a contract. Vick has never had a great receiver. He does have a very good TE and a very good RB, though.

Vick actually isn't a terrible passer. It's not like he's just a High School QB with WR speed. He has a strong arm, throws a very tight spiral, and has a quick release. It does bother me when people act like he's a better QB than McNabb or Manning simply because of his running ability. I'm also sick of hearing about the "Magic of Michael Vick". There was a play he made last night, which was a nice play, but a play that could have been made by at least a half dozen Quarterbacks, where the annoucers praise "That was a play that only Vick could have made."
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #90
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
come on benson bring the saints to SAN ANTONIO!

Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: