Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Jumpshot Virus has an OK reputation so far
Default Empty mailbox leads to tragic accident.

Imagine you're checking the mail up at the end of your driveway across the road and as you close your empty mailbox you turn back around and suddenly twist and break your ankle.

Now you're sitting helpless there in the middle of the road. The break was so severe you've fallen and you can't get up. You hear this loud rumbling noise way off in the distance. You see a huge 18 wheeler coming into sight. This fucker is flying!

You begin to panic a bit. Surely this guy will realize up ahead there's a helpless dude in the middle of the road and will stop before squashing you like a bug. The truck gets a bit closer... no change in speed... he gets a bit closer... the guy must have his system bumpin' as you recognize what he's listening to right away...

"Roll on highway, roll on along, roll on Daddy 'til you get back home, roll on family, roll on crew, roll on mama like I asked you to do!"

Dumbfounded beyond belief you see the asshole driver isn't slowing down worth a shit - instead he's jerkin' it to this old Alabama song!

ROLL ON!

You start throwing your arms up in the air out of desperation...

The truck driver suddenly realizes and tries like hell to avoid you ...

Unfortunately he was too late.

The end.
Jumpshot Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
dajadeed
High School Starter

dajadeed has decent reputationdajadeed has decent reputation
Default Re: Empty mailbox leads to tragic accident.

If there's an 18 wheeler barreling towards you, you'll get out of the way... broken bones be damned.
dajadeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajadeed
If there's an 18 wheeler barreling towards you, you'll get out of the way... broken bones be damned.

Yeah, you still got two fucking arms and knees........if you can't crawl out of there (which you should, a broken ankle doesn't take away your ability to crawl), you can atleast drag yourself out of there.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpshot Virus
Read again you goons.

This means you can't do a gawddamn thing but sit there in the middle of the road helpless.

If you still disagree, you're a shithead.

The problem is jackass........I'm someone who had such a severe break I snaped both bones clean in half. I was drunk stepped in a hole and fell over and broke both the tibia and fibia clean in fucking two. You can't get any more "severe" than that. (I pretty much hobbled myself, like that dude in the movie misery.....and even that guy was able to crawl around with two broken legs) You know what I did, I crawled my drunk ass inside the house, stumbled over to the bar, and started shooting shots of tequila to kill the pain and went to the hospital the next morning when I was sober. The bad thing was though is I drank so much alcohol in a attempt to kill all of the pain, I completey forgot that I broke my ankle so when I went to get out of bed the next morning and stood up I almost passed out from the pain......lets just say, that wasn't my brightest 12 hours, but large amounts of alcohol will cause you to do stupid things.

A broken ankle regardless of how severe it is, doesn't inable you from getting around, people with no damn legs can get around.......especially if there's a damn semi coming towards you and your life was in danger.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 02-02-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I bet if Chun Li hit your stupid drunk ass with her spinning bird kick you'd be one helpless fuck. You'd be like "OMG, I can't get up, I can't get up!" ... then she'd be like "Hahaha - Guess Not!"
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So what the hell is the point of this thread? It's not, "how would you get out of the way of an 18 wheeler with broken ankles." It's not even asking a question. It's just saying, "you're going to get hit by an 18 wheeler and die if this happenes to you. End of story."

Great to know you haven't lost your touch, Josh. Just fuckin' ridiculous.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
So what the hell is the point of this thread? It's not, "how would you get out of the way of an 18 wheeler with broken ankles." It's not even asking a question. It's just saying, "you're going to get hit by an 18 wheeler and die if this happenes to you. End of story."

Great to know you haven't lost your touch, Josh. Just fuckin' ridiculous.

Good gawd - always so f-ing serious.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I bet if Chun Li hit your stupid drunk ass with her spinning bird kick you'd be one helpless fuck. You'd be like "OMG, I can't get up, I can't get up!" ... then she'd be like "Hahaha - Guess Not!"

Yeah, it's a good thing I don't ever have to worry about running into a video game character at the bar.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Good gawd - always so f-ing serious.

This has nothing to do with serious. It has to do with utter stupidity. If you were trying to be funny, that's another story. Still a waste, but at least you had some sort of agenda with the thread. This? It's just drivel. No point whatsoever. Just writing down random thoughts and clicking the submit button.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Jumpshot Virus
This message is hidden because Jumpshot Virus is on your ignore list.

Quote:
Legend of Josh
This message is hidden because Legend of Josh is on your ignore list.

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpshot Virus
Read again you goons.

This means you can't do a gawddamn thing but sit there in the middle of the road helpless.

If you still disagree, you're a shithead.

you can't be serious. You really think a broken ankle prevents you from moving? Do you EVER get out? Heck, even if someone ripped your leg off, you could still roll your body off the road.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

why the hell cant i crawl or roll away?

didnt Shaun Livingston get up and walk after his knee exploded?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

That's my first thought. Don't need legs to be able to roll around. Even if they damn ground was covered in glass, you'd roll right through that stuff to get out of the way of a big truck.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

Because you cant ok! You just...well you just cant! Its like a bad scary movie where the victim is on the ground. Everyone is screaming get up. Run! Get out of there. And they dont. Thats the same situation. You're a stupid individual with no sense whatsoever stranded because you have to be hit. You just...well you just have too! Ok? Geeze. You cant do anything. Your fate has been sealed. Why attempt to unseal it and use whiteout to change what has to happen? Why? You cant do it. You just...well you just cant!

By this time you're sitting there saying this is stupid. Josh is stupid in Dutch.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #15
dware94
Banned

dware94 has decent reputationdware94 has decent reputation

i dont see the point to this thread
dware94 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: