Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Rudy Gay

I haven't heard many Grizzlies fans talk about Rudy Gay.

Were you excited when you acquired him?

Do you like him on the team right now?

What do you think he could improve on?

Would you consider trading him?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rudy Gay

Rudy has alot of talent and potential. And he looked poised and ready to improve after a great sophmore year. But he regresed this year under the tutilage of ivaroni. But it looks like with hollins as the new coach rudy gay could get back to form and start playing like last year.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Quote:

Were you excited when you acquired him?
Yes I was excited when we got him. The Rudy/Pau combo seemed promising.

Do you like him on the team right now?
He's been inconsistent this year. He has fallen in love with his jumpshot and really does nothing else besides shoot jumpers.He's my favorite player on the team, but he's been frustrating to watch this year.

What do you think he could improve on?
He needs to become more consistent. He has to be more agressive and attack the rim more using his athleticism.

Would you consider trading him? So far the Mayo/Gay combo has been disappointing. They fail to play well on the same night. I want to give them another year or two before we consider any trades.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would sort of like to see him moved for more of a distributor PG or a good big man. He has been really sticking to his jumper recently, which is bugging me, and him and Mayo dont seem to gel together that well...
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

So based on these comments, he's a bad person to build a team around?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
So based on these comments, he's a bad person to build a team around?

Ehhh, he just needs to learn to step back abit and also not shoot the J as much and distribute more. He is more suited as a 2nd or 3rd option on a team.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He just needs to get some confidence in him, so that he can attack the rim more. It seems as though Iavaroni sucked all the confidence out of the team. There's no way that a guy who is as tall, atheltic and long as Rudy is, should be settling for some of the shots that he settles for. He should be attacking the basket all the time.

I hope that Hollins can give him some confidence, like he was managed to do with Conley, which will help him become the player that we want him to become.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #8
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

if rudy attacks the rim more he can keep defenders on their heels and that will get him more space for his jumper.i would keep him playing with a superstar he would be a great sidekick.if he puts the effort and use his athletisism on defense he could be on of the top small forwards in the league.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

The team looked great vs the wizards but most teams look good vs them. Rudy needs to defer to his teammates more and understand that passing is not a bad thing.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: