Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #31
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So Christian Bale is absolutely nuts...

if some idiot walked into a shot multiple times i'd go off on his ass too.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #32
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
Thats what Kevin Garnett would sound like as an actor.

Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #33
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well, look at it his way. the dude obviously walked into the shot and wasted valuable time and $ by doing so. maybe bale is a psycho jerk but that guy screwed up and got called out on it.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #34
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

that literally brought shivers down me spine..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Christian Bale is probably the best actor of his generation, and I can easily forgive such a talented artist if his behaviour is a bit "special".
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #36
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

the guy definitely screwed up and i can certainly understand the frustration, but a 4 minute tirade laden with personal threats?!

i dunno that i've ever gone off about something for 4 straight minutes on another person with such ferocity and moreso in front of several hundred people!
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #37
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
No way, all these people defending him. You can't do that. No one has the right to flip out like that at someone else. I don't care if it's Christian Bale, or Al f***ing Pacino. If someone came up to me and started saying stuff like that, I'd check the s*it out of him. Things happen. Mistakes are made. As soon as Bale started saying, "I'm gonna kick your ass," he'd be done. That's assault, and I wouldn't stand for it. And that's not me trying to flex my "e-muscles" either.
Obviously thats the way you'd want to react but you really have no idea what you would do. This guy (the DP) isn't used to being treated like that by actors and sounded quite shocked. Unfortunately part of the nature of that type of work is people get on each other nerves and that sort of thing is somewhat common. Especially amongst actors who are naturally dramatic people. I don't think many people would give it back to Bale because he was clearly out of line and that would just create further problems no one wants to deal with. He dealt with it pretty well and avoided a physical altercation.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #38
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
i dunno that i've ever gone off about something for 4 straight minutes on another person with such ferocity and moreso in front of several hundred people!
To be fair, you probably have never had the pressure of attempting to revitalize a franchise based largely (almost entirely) on your acting performance. I'm not condoning Bale's rant, because I thought it was a bit excessive, but the guy clearly has a lot of pressure on him and, if the scene which was ruined by the DP was one which Bale thought could have been used, getting upset is entirely understandable.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #39
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy

they likely cleared the set at some point, that's not to say you wouldn't be able to hear bale from a short distance by the sounds of things. you'd be surprised how often sh*t gets out of control on film sets, between the actors, director, dp, and producers/writers, the expression is often "too many captains" and you end up with some serious egos battling and checking each other. On that note, i've never seen anything like what this recording portrays. I for one would not let christian bale talk to me like that, I'd probably just cuss him out and walk, but there'd be a slight chance of me just knocking him on his ass. like someone else said, not "e-flexing", just wouldn't let anyone berate me like that. the old "you'll never work in this town again" thing is completely bogus, you can piss off a great many people and still find work. It's a smaller world than you might think but Christian Bale can't ruin anyone's career.

the classic "I heart huckabees" set blow up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Qls1rAfYs
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 AM   #40
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenk
Christian Bale is probably the best actor of his generation, and I can easily forgive such a talented artist if his behaviour is a bit "special".
LoLz
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #41
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Batman turned American Psycho.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #42
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
LoLz

What´s so funny? Do you disagree?
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #43
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
To be fair, you probably have never had the pressure of attempting to revitalize a franchise based largely (almost entirely) on your acting performance. I'm not condoning Bale's rant, because I thought it was a bit excessive, but the guy clearly has a lot of pressure on him and, if the scene which was ruined by the DP was one which Bale thought could have been used, getting upset is entirely understandable.

You cant be serious.

A bit excessive? Getting upset is understandable, but that was more than a bit excessive. That was ridiculous. He sounded like a mental patient.

He sounded like a spoilt little brat, who needs his own way with everything.
Christian Bale has shown himself to be a total d!ckhead.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #44
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
Yeah of course he's insane, have you seen the machinist? He almost killed himself losing weight for that role, and worst of all no one even saw or cared about that movie and he won no awards for it, what a waste

right after that he started bulking up for batman begins, damn what a psycho

That's a d@mn good movie.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #45
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

I guess Bale isn't as civilized as people on the internet. What an *******.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: