Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #16
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation
Default Re: Bucks trade Tyronn Lue to Magic for Keith Bogans

I've watched Tyronne Lue as both a Laker and a Hawk. He can shoot from three(shooting 47% on 45attempts this year) and he will make the big shot in the 4th quarter. He has decent amount of playoff experience and I think he will fit in well with this Orlando team. Apparently he has already played with Orlando in 03/04 so that will probably make his transition to the team easier.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What Bucks need to do is sign Mugsy Bogues to a contract. I'd love to listen to the radio cast of the games:

"Bogues dribbles it down, passes to Bogans, Bogans down low to Bogut, Bogut to Bogans, Bogans back to Bogues...Bogues, to Bogans to Bogut, back to Boguns, Boguns shoots, rebound Bogut, back out to Bogues, quick pass Bogans, Bogut, back to Bogans, out to Bogues, shoots, Bogut bounds, back to Bogans, Back to bogut, Bogues.....

Last edited by bagelred : 02-05-2009 at 02:44 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
What do you mean not overreacting? They just gave up a solid SG for Tyrone
"Remember when I grabbed AIs jersey for five games in 2001" Lue.
Bogans is a nice SG, but we already are overstocked with them.

Courtney Lee and Mickael Pietrus have been doing great.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
You guys are still busting out in round 2 either way, no worries.
And Pacers will miss the playoffs.

Have fun with that whole Tinsley situation.

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 02-05-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #20
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
What Bucks need to do is sign Mugsy Bogues to a contract. I'd love to listen to the radio cast of the games:

"Bogues dribbles it down, passes to Bogans, Bogans down low to Bogut, Bogut to Bogans, Bogans back to Bogues...Bogues, to Bogans to Bogut, back to Boguns, Boguns shoots, rebound Bogut, back out to Bogues, quick pass Bogans, Bogut, Bogans, Bogues, shoots, Bogut, Bogans, Back to bogut, Boguns.....

Well played sir.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
What then, maybe 10 ppg?

Pretty close. But 5APG might be a tad high. Other than a solid 3pt shot, he doesn't offer alot.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #22
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
What do you mean not overreacting? They just gave up a solid SG for Tyrone
"Remember when I grabbed AIs jersey for five games in 2001" Lue.

i meant specifically not overracting by trade hedo. sure, maybe on the surface a bogans for lue trade may not be even, but you are giving up a 5 ppg scorer who is shooting 36% this year at a position where you have pietrus, lee, and reddick for a decent enough point guard where your other option is anthony johnson.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Lue will be lucky to avg 4 assists a game and that is 1 assists avg to many.

Fools gold.

Over/Under 3 assists per game as an Orlando Magic

Easily take the under. 2.2 apg is about right. Still a bit high.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Pretty close. But 5APG might be a tad high. Other than a solid 3pt shot, he doesn't offer alot.

When playing for Orlando, he started 69 games, and he averaged 11pts 4assts, 3rbs. But that was TMAC days before Howard, Turkoiglu and Lewis, so who knows
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #25
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

"Bogues dribbles it down, passes to Bogans, Bogans down low to Bogut, Bogut to Bogans, Bogans back to Bogues...Bogues, to Bogans to Bogut, back to Boguns, Boguns shoots, rebound Bogut, back out to Bogues, quick pass Bogans, Bogut, back to Bogans, out to Bogues, shoots, Bogut bounds, back to Bogans, Back to bogut, Bogues.....

LOL
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #26
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn you Larry Bird. Get the buyout ready.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
Lue will be lucky to avg 4 assists a game and that is 1 assists avg to many.

Fools gold.

Over/Under 4 assists per game as an Orlando Magic

Easily take the under. 3.6 apg is about right. Still to high.
You have to realize that by making a move like this it shows that the Orlando Magic management are dedicated to the team for years to come rather than panic and trade a good piece away (Turkoglu) for a player like Hinrich.

At the very latest Nelson will be back next season.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #28
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
When playing for Orlando, he started 69 games, and he averaged 11pts 4assts, 3rbs. But that was TMAC days before Howard, Turkoiglu and Lewis, so who knows

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyronn...eer_stats.html

His best season was 2004-2005 for the Hawks were he averaged 13.5PPG, 2.2RPG and 5.4APG.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #29
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

Lue is a good defender and he shoots the ball very well...every time he was playing for us this season he was hitting 3's and making very good decisions

I don't know much about Bogans but i hope he's a good defender or he won't see many minutes...even if we finally have a real SG i don't belive we can still make the playoffs as Bogut is out for almost the entire season...it would have been better if we got Gortat too and Magic a 2nd round pick from us but maybe i'm asking too much
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #30
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot
Lue is a good defender and he shoots the ball very well...every time he was playing for us this season he was hitting 3's and making very good decisions

I don't know much about Bogans but i hope he's a good defender or he won't see many minutes...even if we finally have a real SG i don't belive we can still make the playoffs as Bogut is out for almost the entire season...it would have been better if we got Gortat too and Magic a 2nd round pick from us but maybe i'm asking too much
Bogans is a pretty darn good defender and can shoot the 3 ball at times.

The only reason we traded him is that we already have two very good SGs in Lee and Pietrus.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: