Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
Pre777
I airball my layups

Default How good will the new additions be?

I see the new additions as coming on slowly. Derek Fisher will get some major minutes from the first game of the season and his minutes will likely taper off towards the end of the season, giving Ronnie Brewer more time. Paul Milsap will step in quickly if Okur or Boozer show signs of slowing. Dee Brown will see little to no time at all this season.
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

I think with Fisher and Brewer, it all depends on what Giricek has to offer. But I really want to see CJ work his way into the top rotation somewhere.

Milsap is promising but I'm also interested in seeing what Araujo has to offer and whether he can play in this league or not.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

From an Illini fan, you have two of the best guards playing for you (Dee Brow, Deron Williams)

Granted they aren't Stockton and Hornacek, but Utah fans will fall in love with them.

Paul Millsap will be the Karl Malone you have asked for.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre777
I see the new additions as coming on slowly. Derek Fisher will get some major minutes from the first game of the season and his minutes will likely taper off towards the end of the season, giving Ronnie Brewer more time. Paul Milsap will step in quickly if Okur or Boozer show signs of slowing. Dee Brown will see little to no time at all this season.

I'm wondering why you think two guys in their early/mid- twenties will be "showing signs of slowing" at their age? Neither one of those guys has even reached their prime...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
Pre777
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
I'm wondering why you think two guys in their early/mid- twenties will be "showing signs of slowing" at their age? Neither one of those guys has even reached their prime...

Maybe "slowing" was the wrong term. "Inconsistent" is what I meant. Okur or Boozer will be on shorter leashes than in the past as we have a sure future Sloan Favorite in Paul Milsap.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 AM   #6
Heretik32
Myrrh

Good point on the "shorter leashes". We all know that under coach Sloan, being a star on your team doesn't help you one inch if you don't play under his rules.

We might very well see quite a bit of Millsap if he gives his all.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
cyco127
Local High School Star

Ok, that's more like it. Tell you what though; If we see "quite a bit of Millsap" this season, the Jazz are in trouble...
Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #8
Pre777
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
Ok, that's more like it. Tell you what though; If we see "quite a bit of Millsap" this season, the Jazz are in trouble...

I have to disagree with you there. Name one championship caliber team that DIDN'T have at least one player like Milsap playing major minutes. Udonis Haslem, Drew Gooden/Anderson Varajeo (sp?), Ben Wallace, Desagana Diop/Erick Dampier, Bruce Bowen/Nazr Mohammed, etc.

I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but the Jazz have really missed guys like Antoine Carr and Greg Foster.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #9
Heretik32
Myrrh

I'm also very sceptical about Millsap, given that no other team seemed to want him. But let's give him a shot.
If only that darn season would be starting already...
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre777
I have to disagree with you there. Name one championship caliber team that DIDN'T have at least one player like Milsap playing major minutes. Udonis Haslem, Drew Gooden/Anderson Varajeo (sp?), Ben Wallace, Desagana Diop/Erick Dampier, Bruce Bowen/Nazr Mohammed, etc.

I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but the Jazz have really missed guys like Antoine Carr and Greg Foster.

I see what you're saying 777. But, not one of those guys is an unproven rookie. My point is that with the Jazz' front court stacked as it is, I don't expect to see too much of Millsap unless there is another injury filled season in our future...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #11
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

I think they are prepared to let him come along and not expect him to produce big minutes straight away.

I'd be very disheartened if Milsap was taking alot of minutes away from Okur and Boozer. Besides I see no evidence to suggest that these two guys will be on a short leash. Okur hasn't missed a game for the Jazz yet (I think).
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #12
kingbowser55
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Man, Ronnie Brewer could be awesome in the pros. He just needs somebody to run with...
kingbowser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #13
bonez26
Local High School Star

Ronnie Brewer is going to be a very good player. Somewhat like a smaller poor man's Shawn Marion. I like his game except that jumper. Derek Fisher will also bring some leadership value and steadiness at PG.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #14
akaTonyDanza
I airball my layups

Brewer jump shot at the Rocky mountain revue looked pretty good ...I was expecting him to have poor shot from what i read on scouting reports....He shot a good percentage as well, Millsap was unstopable on the glass.....Hoffa looked gross......
akaTonyDanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #15
cyco127
Local High School Star

At this point I'm wondering if Dee Brown's even gonna make the team.
Brian Chase has every opprotunity to steal the 3rd pg spot...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: