Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #46
aznboy2k2
Great young streetballer

aznboy2k2 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: No triple-double for LeBron in NY: NBA rescinds that 10th rebound

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroi
Actually if Kobe kept his pace, even in 7 more minutes he puts up about 13 more points. So 74/0/3 is at the very least equal to 50/9/11.

But the thing is he didn't?
Whats not to say Kobe would have gotten colddd?
aznboy2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #47
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Everybody relax. IT. WAS. THE. KNICKS.

Let's see what happens Sunday when both players face a legitimate opponent -- each other.

Everybody relax. IT. WAS. DA. REALIST.

Don't take that post too seriously. He loves to see how people react to his childish comments.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #48
Mr. Bryant
I hit open layups

Mr. Bryant is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Wow, Lebrick fans must be enraged.
Mr. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #49
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
hello son he didn't earn a triple double if he only got 9 rebounds

I know, I know, but you get what I'm sayin'
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #50
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I know, I know, but you get what I'm sayin'
Did you watch the game or any of Lebrons games? most of his rebounds he gets are just his teammates leaving the ball for him, rarely does he hit the boards, box out an opponent and rebound over people, he just gets rebounds from freethrows (which he allagedly told his teammates to leave for him) or when Z and Ben are the only other people there. His triple doubles he does get I don't think are very impressive because of this fact, so I don't see why he earns a triple double he didn't get even with his teammates leaving him rebounds.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #51
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: "No triple-double for LeBron"

LOL that's great.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #52
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
Did you watch the game or any of Lebrons games? most of his rebounds he gets are just his teammates leaving the ball for him, rarely does he hit the boards, box out an opponent and rebound over people, he just gets rebounds from freethrows (which he allagedly told his teammates to leave for him) or when Z and Ben are the only other people there. His triple doubles he does get I don't think are very impressive because of this fact, so I don't see why he earns a triple double he didn't get even with his teammates leaving him rebounds.
God, BruinLove... Could you be any dumber?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #53
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

LeBron's still paying for criticizing the league's employees on getting his 'crab dribble' wrong. That's the only way to explain this move by the league; because the NBA credits the wrong players for steals/rebounds/assists/turnovers all the time. You never see them correcting it the next day. But they take away the triple double-making rebound from the face of the league? Weird.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #54
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
LeBron's still paying for criticizing the league's employees on getting his 'crab dribble' wrong. That's the only way to explain this move by the league; because the NBA credits the wrong players for steals/rebounds/assists/turnovers all the time. You never see them correcting it the next day. But they take away the triple double-making rebound from the face of the league? Weird.

That's what I thought when I saw the news. I don't much care if they correct it or not, but its the first time I can ever remember such a thing happening, and its certainly not the first time they made a mistake, why make a point out of it now ?
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #55
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
I'd be interested in seeing just how often the league does this. I can't recall it happening... ever. But, maybe it is just that it doesn't draw as much attention in less epic performances?

You may be right, though. Ever since LeBron complained about that travel call, there was a string of games in which he couldn't buy a foul call, he was getting called for travels that were borderline at best, gotten And-1s waved off, inexplicably, and now this...

It seems that the idea of LeBron being the NBA's 'golden boy' has been greatly exaggerated.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #57
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

That's funny, I'm watching the game right now cos I couldn't watch it live, and they credited a rebound to Wally that should have gone to Ben Wallace. But they didn't change it
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #58
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #59
Mr. Bryant
I hit open layups

Mr. Bryant is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
That's what I thought when I saw the news. I don't much care if they correct it or not, but its the first time I can ever remember such a thing happening, and its certainly not the first time they made a mistake, why make a point out of it now ?

Perhaps because a 50 point triple double is a pretty big thing and it wouldn't be right if someone was credited for one when he shouldn't have been.
Mr. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #60
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bryant
Perhaps because a 50 point triple double is a pretty big thing and it wouldn't be right if someone was credited for one when he shouldn't have been.
So... It is only after a great individual performance that every play gets reviewed and scrutinized? Can we go back and watch the tape of the 1975 game for Kareem and make sure that his 50/10/10 was legit? What is the grace period for changing a statistic?

Should the league have gone back and given LeBron and the Cavs an extra two points for the And-1 that he had against Detroit that was waved off due to a bogus 'travel after the foul' call?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: