Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 02-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Idea

With all of the rumors about your team looking for deals, I thought I'd try one out. Let me know what you think.

Clippers Get:
Amare Stoudamire

Suns Get:
Al Thornton
Steve Novak
Ricky Davis
Marcus Camby

Why it makes sense for both teams:
Hear me out on this. At first glance it looks like the Suns get a bunch of mediocre players for a superstar, right? Well it actually makes a lot of sense. First of all, Al Thornton would fit into your system perfectly. He has an endless motor and isn't afraid of anybody. Plus, he's a young guy that still has a lot of growing room. Other than Thornton, Camby makes a lot of sense for you guys too. Starting him with Shaq might not work quite as well, but he's very similar to a better Kurt Thomas. He's a big guy that can run the floor pretty well for his size, plus he's a rebounding machine, and in any fastbreak offense, somebody has to throw the outlet pass. Camby is your man. Novak and Davis both are in there partially to make the salaries equal, but I've also picked them because they make sense in your system. Novak especially. He's a younger, better rebounding Eric Piatkowski with a little more of an inside game. He would be a bench guy for you, but he could do some real damage off of the bench, because in my opinion he's one of the best three point shooters in the league. Davis is just a shooting guard that has an impressive scoring arsenal that would also more than likely come off of the bench, but could be effective.

The other reason these players are good for you is that within two years, I believe all of them expire (but I'm not positive) and you'd have a lot of cap space to work with just in time for LeBron of Chris Bosh.

I realize you'd probably have to cut a guy or two for this trade to go through, so that's something else to think about.

The Clippers would want Stoudamire to fill the void Brand left, and also to use as a building block.

Opinions please.

Last edited by hutcht02 : 02-07-2009 at 02:07 PM.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: