Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 11-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default 4th Quarter Foye

Did Sundays game give excitement back to knowing that we have RANDY FOYE, what we thought was suppose to be a future all-star when we drafted him?

I know he tends to break out once in a while by putting up big points, but he did it along with 14 assists?. He wasn't making great passes though, he had Ryan Gomes hot. Ryan Gomes has been lagging all season and it was time for him to get back to his old self.

Do you think this is the start of any of these players stepping up? Or do you think it was mostly luck or a one every 10 game type of effort?

Personally, I'd rather have Foye as a team leader than Rashad McCants or Al Jefferson if he keeps proving himself.

If Foye's basketball IQ catches up to him, he could be a great floor general.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-24-2008 at 02:31 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation
Default Re: 4th Quarter Foye

First of all, Al isn't a leader. He is just an insanely talented big man that NEEDS a leader. Rashad was never really supposed to be the leader (at least I never thought so) he was just a scorer who could create his own shot. My biggest issue with "4th quarter Foye" is, where was he the last 8 4th quarters in which we lost? I mean it was really great to see him last night, and I'm not trying to rain on your parade. But it is going to take a few more decent games like this to prove anything to me. I was also very impressed with Gomes. All season it seemed like his shots were just not falling, hopefully this will ignite him. I also would like to see Miller start taking shots. He was thought to be our second scoring option at the start of the season, But he only averages under 9 attempts per game! I don't understand that.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
First of all, Al isn't a leader. He is just an insanely talented big man that NEEDS a leader. Rashad was never really supposed to be the leader (at least I never thought so) he was just a scorer who could create his own shot. My biggest issue with "4th quarter Foye" is, where was he the last 8 4th quarters in which we lost? I mean it was really great to see him last night, and I'm not trying to rain on your parade. But it is going to take a few more decent games like this to prove anything to me. I was also very impressed with Gomes. All season it seemed like his shots were just not falling, hopefully this will ignite him. I also would like to see Miller start taking shots. He was thought to be our second scoring option at the start of the season, But he only averages under 9 attempts per game! I don't understand that.

Not a parade. I'm just questioning whether this is a bright spot for Foye or not. I name him 4TH QUARTER FOYE because of his first season and what we thought we were building into a STAR type player that season. I'm asking if it's possible the man is finally getting it. And the missed shots that Gomes was taking, they always seemed to be coming from Foye; didn't they?

Mike Miller is a great shooter ALL DAY, but he doesn't take stupid shots and that is what makes him that way. He needs a point gaurd that can cut into the lane, or some screens somewhere. And if you have a PG that they know isn't going to be able to drive the lane or hit the wide open jump shot then Mike Miller might never get his shot off like we want. But, yeah, sometimes I just want him to chuck it up.

I've always been a fan of the PG being a leader. Not taking away from Al Jefferson. It's pretty well known that Al Jefferson looks at himself as the leader as well as Rashad McCants. They both want to be team leaders. Rashad has character issues and it probably won't work out. Al Jefferson demands the ball and yells when he doesn't get it. He's a leader and I've heard him talk about his leadership roles. Look it up. You don't have to though, you can tell on the floor who those guys are.

I'm aware it's possible that having a 6 foot AI gaurding you could be the reason why he went off the way he did though. Give him credit though. He did run the show. It was a team effort, but I'm hoping for more of 4TH QUARTER FOYE to show up. He has another game to get himself kick-started in Pheonix. Steve Nash and slowly rotating Big Cactus, sounds good to me.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I don't know about Foye. Just when you think that he is about to break out, he goes into a slump for 10-15 games. I guess I will wait and see what happens.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
I don't know about Foye. Just when you think that he is about to break out, he goes into a slump for 10-15 games. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

I agree. It always seems to go that way.

There is no doubt in my mind that this HAS TO BE (not IS) Foye's biggest season of progression. Whether he starts turning heads in the NBA by the end of the season is up to him and if the coach tries to have him come off the bench, what a waste it would be. Telfair and Foye both need on the job training and that is probably holding both of them back. I'm glad we have a veteran like Ollie to teach them a little D while they grow this season. I just wish we had an all star caliber veteran point gaurd teaching them.

I guess you can't have everything.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Big Al All day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Not a parade. I'm just questioning whether this is a bright spot for Foye or not. I name him 4TH QUARTER FOYE because of his first season and what we thought we were building into a STAR type player that season. I'm asking if it's possible the man is finally getting it. And the missed shots that Gomes was taking, they always seemed to be coming from Foye; didn't they?

Mike Miller is a great shooter ALL DAY, but he doesn't take stupid shots and that is what makes him that way. He needs a point gaurd that can cut into the lane, or some screens somewhere. And if you have a PG that they know isn't going to be able to drive the lane or hit the wide open jump shot then Mike Miller might never get his shot off like we want. But, yeah, sometimes I just want him to chuck it up.

I've always been a fan of the PG being a leader. Not taking away from Al Jefferson. It's pretty well known that Al Jefferson looks at himself as the leader as well as Rashad McCants. They both want to be team leaders. Rashad has character issues and it probably won't work out. Al Jefferson demands the ball and yells when he doesn't get it. He's a leader and I've heard him talk about his leadership roles. Look it up. You don't have to though, you can tell on the floor who those guys are.

I'm aware it's possible that having a 6 foot AI gaurding you could be the reason why he went off the way he did though. Give him credit though. He did run the show. It was a team effort, but I'm hoping for more of 4TH QUARTER FOYE to show up. He has another game to get himself kick-started in Pheonix. Steve Nash and slowly rotating Big Cactus, sounds good to me.

I detect some hostility? I was trying to down you what so ever. And obviously Al is going to say hes a leader, but he isn't. He's not gonna go around telling people that he's not the leader on a team full of scrubs. That would be really bad for his image. And I honestly don't know how this is Foye's biggest season of progression. He's had one ONE good game. Don't go and overate this. Where was he the last 11 games? On the bench because of stupid ass plays late in the game. The answer to the question is no, Foye will not continue on this course. I'm sorry but he's done this to us to many times. We caught the pistons on an off night, we frankly got lucky. And i am not trying to bring us down, This is my team. I just wont believe that Foye is the answer.

Last edited by Big Al All day : 11-25-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
04mzwach

Quote:
I detect some hostility? I was trying to down you what so ever. And obviously Al is going to say hes a leader, but he isn't. He's not gonna go around telling people that he's not the leader on a team full of scrubs. That would be really bad for his image.

I kind of see what you're saying, maybe the coaches are the only leaders; but I still believe a leader is defined by how he acts on and off the court along with pulling weight and showing your team production down the stretch as well as making the right plays, creating chemistry and being vocal. Al may lack in some of those areas, but if he isn't the leader then I guess there are only the coaches right now. Player-wise, Al is the closest thing to a leader we've got and I believe he is one. I'm sure he isn't the same type of leader that KG was, but he is one.

Quote:
And I honestly don't know how this is Foye's biggest season of progression. He's had one ONE good game. Don't go and overate this. Where was he the last 11 games? On the bench because of stupid ass plays late in the game. The answer to the question is no, Foye will not continue on this course. I'm sorry but he's done this to us to many times.

I never said it is. That's why I'm not going to overrate this. Simply put, I'm giving props to Foye for a great game and I'm wishing upon a star that he keeps up this type of play. You know at any time Mike Miller could start getting hot and be our 2nd scoring option, that would be nice. But you have to admit it would be nice if Foye got hot with him and that would create even more opportunities for Mike Miller. It would be a great triple threat.

Quote:
We caught the pistons on an off night, we frankly got lucky. And i am not trying to bring us down, This is my team. I just wont believe that Foye is the answer.

I'm not gauranteeing that Foye is going to play all star basketball or even come out to play with 15/5 or something like that the 10 next games. I'm just looking at the effort he made and hoping he is on his way. Not really thinking, "Foye, he's going to be our leader,' or anything like that. You got me all wrong. I'd just prefer him to be if he can show out. PGs always have some type of leadership role in the offense and I'd like him to show more.

I apologize if I came off "hostile." I didn't know. I don't fight, but I like to argue if you get what I mean.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #8
Big Al All day

But you did say it , AND i quote "
There is no doubt in my mind that this HAS TO BE (not IS) Foye's biggest season of progression." ( response to jelly bean. And of course I'd like to see him get hot, shit i'd like to see Madsen, Collins, anyone of those scrubs to get hot. I obviously would like to see him do good, but I'm just not sold on that. And of course Al isn't the leader that KG was, But there are very few if any players on this planet like him. I'm sure you've all heard how "he's changed the culture of Boston" 5-10 time per celtics game
Old 11-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
But you did say it , AND i quote "
There is no doubt in my mind that this HAS TO BE (not IS) Foye's biggest season of progression." ( response to jelly bean. And of course I'd like to see him get hot, shit i'd like to see Madsen, Collins, anyone of those scrubs to get hot. I obviously would like to see him do good, but I'm just not sold on that. And of course Al isn't the leader that KG was, But there are very few if any players on this planet like him. I'm sure you've all heard how "he's changed the culture of Boston" 5-10 time per celtics game
let me requote myself: (NOT IS)...anyway, good fight we had with phoenix...looks like we won't pull this one out AGAIN. But we definetely didn't choke. That is a good sign.

edit: Does anyone know why we fouled nash with less than 1 minute? Seemed like it was a dumb decision by Randy Witman regardless of our chances of winning. Anybody disagree? I'm talking about the first time when there was about 40 some seconds left.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-26-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
Big Al All day

It was a pretty good fight. We kept on coming back and coming back. We were within what, 5 points at one time? At least we didn't give up and get completely blown out. Big Al had a real nice game with a team record 12 offensive boards. We actually had them beat in almost everything except shooting ( if I remember right, don't feel like looking it up.)
Old 11-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
04mzwach

We finally win and Mike Miller looks like one of our GO TO guys in the clutch!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #12
04mzwach

Mike Miller looks like a damn werewolf...haha, I'm kind of related to him so I guess I shouldn't talk. No connection with him, just a way down the line relation type of thing.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
Big Al All day

Man i missed the game! God damn high school team making it to state....
But yeah he has been pretty clutch now that I think about it. He sunk another big three a couple games ago. Don't remember who or when but i do remember it.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #14
04mzwach

Can't wait till we can clear cap space for a better defender inside the paint. This Nuggets game just shows how bad it is. Sure wish we had Theo Ratliff right now.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #15
04mzwach

Nomination for Worst Performance of the Game: Craig Smith

4 points, 2 makes out of 7 attempted, 4 reb, 0 assists, 1 blk, 1 stl, 5 pf
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: