Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-12-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
HoopitUP
Serious playground baller

HoopitUP has an OK reputation so far
Default claxton or telfair

just pondering if i should drop Speedy claxton for telfair (f.a in my league)

what you guys think.?
HoopitUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #2
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

No, definitely keep Speedy... The Celtics PG spot is a mess.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:08 AM   #3
HoopitUP

cool thanks. just thought that telfair might get big minutes this year and since he hasnt really done much , new team , new players and more playing time he could actually produce . but you think keep claxton ?? is he starting this year ?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Yeah, Speedy is starting in Atlanta this year. He's definitely a safer choice than Telfair, cuz Speedy only has Tyronn Lue behind him. Celtics got 3 guys that'll be splitting time at PG this year, wait to see what the rotation looks like before making a move for Telfair.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #5
HoopitUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
Yeah, Speedy is starting in Atlanta this year. He's definitely a safer choice than Telfair, cuz Speedy only has Tyronn Lue behind him. Celtics got 3 guys that'll be splitting time at PG this year, wait to see what the rotation looks like before making a move for Telfair.

cool thanks man , what you think about droppin nocioni for q.richardson ?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:53 AM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Personally, I like Q-Rich better as a player... but for a fantasy team this year, Nocioni will be better. Richardson is stuck behind Jeffries in NY and they've got Marbury, Francis, & Crawford as well so nobody really knows how many minutes Richardson will get yet. Stick with Nocioni.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:04 AM   #7
HoopitUP

sweet . really appreciate this. the fantasy boards are so helpful man. its cool to post here.

you got any sleepers or potential break players you can suggest dude ? sorry for the question its my first year playing fantasy
Old 10-12-2006, 02:28 AM   #8
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Yeah, its only my 2nd year playin fantasy basketball... but i've been following the NBA for basically my whole life. So you're lookin for some sleepers and breakout players huh? I can start by going through some of the guys I picked on my 2 teams.

Nenad Krstic- With the lack of real decent centers in the league, i like him a lot. He just keeps on improving. But he should be taken in most drafts.

JR Smith- Should get the nod at SG for the Nuggets. If he gets the minutes, he could surprise a lot of people. 15 pts, 1-2 3's per game... and those are on the low end. Not much of a defender, but the guy can shoot and jump outta the gym.

Grant Hill- I picked him last year as well and regretted it, obviously. I picked him this year in the 13th rd of a 14 team league so there wasnt much else out there. But he said he thinks this is gonna be the year that he makes it through the whole season healthy. If he does, he'll give u 15 pts/6 rebounds/4 assists. Great production from a late round pick or free agent pickup.

Darko Milicic- He's on everyone's sleeper list so he's almost not even a sleeper. But once he gets into that starting lineup, he could put up close to 15pts/8 rebounds/2 blks. I dont know how long they'll be able to keep him on the bench.

Bonzi Wells- He probably wont start right away either, but when he does, he's gonna be in the starting lineup to stay. Im sure he'll bump either Battier or Howard to the bench sometime before the all-star break.

Those are all guys i've drafted... Now a few others? Hmmmm...

Earl Watson- I dont think he'll put up huge stats, but if you're in need of PG help, he'll do better than a guy like Telfair. Sounds like he's gonna be snatching that starting PG spot away from Ridnour cuz the Sonics want a better defender at the point.

Deshawn Stevenson- He's very similar to JR Smith, just not quite as good (IMO). He'll be starting at SG for the Wiz and could put up 10-12 pts per game, not much else though. He's getting his opportunity...

Ryan Gomes- A lot of people are picking Al Jefferson before him but I think Gomes will be far more productive. It looks like the PF spot is his to lose and I dont see Jefferson taking it anytime soon.

Hope that'll help u a little bit. Those are just some of the guys i can think of off the top of my head. If u got anymore questions, let me know and i'll try to answer them the best I can.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:42 AM   #9
HoopitUP

ok man nice advice. looks like you know you stuff. yeah ive been trying to get darko but pretty much eveyone thinks this will be his year, i was thinking about grant hill too. but might be a risk.. is he starting or coming of the bench ?? i like really like hill i still think his got a blowout season ahead of him if he can stay healthy.

dude heres my team.
K. Bryant
(LAL - SG)
P. Pierce
(Bos - SG,SF)
C. Billups
(Det - PG)
R. Lewis
(Sea - SF)
Z. Ilgauskas
(Cle - C)
D. West
(NOK - PF)
A. Nocioni
(Chi - SF)
M. Ginobili
(SA - SG)
S. Claxton
(Atl - PG)
U. Haslem
(Mia - PF)
K. Thomas
(Sac - PF)
T. Battie
(Orl - PF,C)

tell me what you think, i know really sure about illgauskus but i dont know what i can get for him. can you suggest players i should get rid of, and what kind of players i should add it would help.
thanks again,, this fantasy stuff gets addicttive man i find my self reading and online so much the last week or so LOL i cant believe i didnt try it out earlier

Last edited by HoopitUP : 10-12-2006 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 AM   #10
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

How many team league is it and what positions do u have to start and how many bench? Is it just a 12 team yahoo public league? If it is, u should have 13 players instead of 12. But anyways, just answer those questions first and then i'll be able to give u some better info.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:18 AM   #11
HoopitUP

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Roster Positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

hope this helps thanks again
Old 10-12-2006, 03:40 AM   #12
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Alright, well your lineup should look like this right now...

PG- Chauncey Billups
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- David West
C- Zydrunas Illguaskas
Util- Rashard Lewis
Bench- Manu Ginobili
Bench- Andres Nocioni
Bench- Speedy Claxton
Bench- Udonis Haslem
Bench- Kenny Thomas
Bench- Tony Battie

Your top 3 bench spots look alright for right now, it's your bottom 3 that i'd be worried about. Battie is gonna be starting right away but Darko is gonna probably be getting more minutes and then eventually take the starting spot away from him so i'd look into dropping him for another SG or SF. Wait, he's your only other center so nevermind. Any better centers available besides Battie? If not, drop Thomas and pick up a SG or SF instead. If there's nobody better than Haslem, keep him i guess. It looks like you'll do good in pts with Kobe, Pierce, & Lewis all giving u over 20 or 30 pts per game. U look good in assists and steals also. The 2 categories i'd worry about the most are rebounds & blocks. Turnovers too, but thats just something you'll have to live with. Dont worry about TO's too much. So actually ignore what I said earlier about dropping one of your PF's for a SG or SF, unless there's a sleeper in the FA list. Otherwise, trade Ginobili or Nocioni along with one of your PF's for someone who'll get u some more rebounds & blocks. Hopefully that's not too confusing for u. For now, just try to improve in the rebounding & blocks category. First worry about rebounding, then blocks. If any of this is confusing to u, let me know and i'll try and clear it up. But good luck with your team and if u got any other questions, u can either send me a PM on here or just post it on the boards and if im here i'll help u out. Otherwise, im sure you'll be able to find someone else to help u out. Hope some of this helps u.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:02 AM   #13
HoopitUP

thanks man.. ill try to make some changes and update you soon,

peace
Old 10-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #14
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Firstly, let me just say that that JRT is right on with your early questions. I will reitterate:

claxton vs. telfair: Man, I'm a huge C's fan, but the PG spot is a mess for sure. They have a championship caliber collection of backup PG's right now. But none of them are going to be starters on a contending team which is what the C's need convince Pierce they will soon be when they want to renegotiate his contract in 2 years hoping to keep him. Telfair will get the starting nod right away, but there is no guarantee he keeps it. And the way Rondo is playing right now, impressing EVERYONE, and Dolonte West (who is having injury issues (back?) early) his minutes are going to be split/split/split all year. I have always been a huge Rondo fan last 2 years in KY - i think he is one of the smartest, most natural pure PG's ive seen in a long time to do everything extremely well: run an offense, break a press, fuel the transition. His shot definitely needs work, but he's a tiny PG that stays compact and in the paint - with the C's squad that is so smart!....He feeds the big men, or the swing-out G/Fs like Walley/Pierce on the kick out. His weak J was exposed last year simply bbecause he was being asked to do too much scoring with KY's horribly underperforming team for two years straight. Anyway, Claxton is a great guard that will benefit from this new team. He is going to be the starter for sure on a VERY young team. He will only have Ty Lue and Dickau backing him up, but that is ideal for a Claxton owner in fantasy because his m/p/g will increase above 30 finally for the first time in his career. I predict he will up his pts/g to 15 and ast/g up to 7. The only thing is that he isnt a marksman and the more he shoots the more he misses which will hurt your FG%, but that and a tick up in the TO slot will be acceptable for his increase in overall production. For the bench on your squad he's solid!

Nocioni vs. Q - JRT hit it on the head. He failed to mention that the new look Bulls are looking better again this year. Nocioni still is going to get the start, and he is a VERY smart G/F player for a team with young guards that are talented in Hinrich and Gordon. I think his production falls a little in every category simply because this is a deeper team. But his PTS and 3's may actually thrive with more attention on more people this year. He will add STLS again this year, but I see his REBs going down with Ben Wallace now on that team and an eager Tyrus Thomas who will grab as many boards as he can when he gets his minutes. Anyway, Q is in a fantasy nightmare position. JRT hit it on the head. I don't even think Q would want Q on his fantasy squad. All he'll do is make 1 or 2 3's a game. Unless cuts/trades/injuries occur at that 2G, 3G spot.

Your Team - Definitely needs REBS and BLKS. You need to keep Hasslem due to your lack in those categories. Now I feel Nocioni is a fantasy player in your league (12 teams 144 players). But I think his draft position everywhere is a little overrated. That means you can use his perceived value in a trade. Look to maybe package Nocioni with 1 or 2 of these following 3 players to get a combo of C/PFs that can help your blocks and rebounds: Ginobli, Lewis, Kenny Thomas. Seriously, a Nocioni/Ginobli or Nocioni/Lewis trade will take down your PTS & STLS a little (which you are strong in) but can get you a very good C like Chris Kaman or Boris Diaw or a all around REBounding PF like Troy Murphy and maybe another player if you add Kenny Thomas. I do think you need to make a trade and target REBs and BLKS and look to take a little away from your scoring and stls to help your squad out.

Battie vs. Sleepers - Lets be real, Battie has to go! There has to be someone else out there that will give you a consistent whole season? Is NENE available for some reason? He shoudlnt be, but if he is grab him. JR Smith is a potential sleeper even though I think he will suck again, but thats just me. Either way this is I feel his last chance to break out and he is going to start at that DEN SG spot that has been vacant forever. Anyway, he's probably grabbed too, if not its a no brainer risk to drop Battie and pick up Smith. I do feel that you have a very good team. If you make a trade to help yourself out it may be worth a risk to drop Battie for a sleeper risk/value player like a rookie. Maybe Sheldon Williams? I have a feeling he may emerge to be a productive player getting 8 pts/9 rebs/1.5 blks/g with an amazing FG% and FT% when its all said and done. He's already a veteran with his 4 year coach K education coming into the Hawks. Look at that squad?: Ty Lue, Claxton, Wright, and Joe Johnson are the only players with more than 5 years experience in the NBA. And Sheldon may start all year?? Maybe split with Pachulia/Wright but I predict him being a sleeper for sure.

Good luck

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-12-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #15
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

speedy 100%
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: