Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 PM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
That was a really good review. Where's positive rep when you need it?

Lol, because THAT would've uncramped my hand.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #17
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

IMO, felton will be better than Miller. Felton exploded at the end of last year. He was statistically as good as Paul.

Reddick is a SF/SG right? I just took him, because I thought it would be sweet to get a lot of 3 pointers with versatility of playing 3 positions. He could average a decent amount of points too. He might be dropped or traded too.

Your right, a healtyh Hill could make my team great, but a hurt Hill could just take up a roster spot. If he goes down with anything serious, I'll probably drop him.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm just not all that high on Reddick in general. It's great that he can play a bunch of positions, but if he's not doing well, who cares. Depends on if he starts or not, but w/e.

BTW, how many people were in your league?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #19
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I'm just not all that high on Reddick in general. It's great that he can play a bunch of positions, but if he's not doing well, who cares. Depends on if he starts or not, but w/e.

BTW, how many people were in your league?
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #20
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

By the way Big Boi...RidonK says mines is better since I win 5-4 in categories

But here is what I thoght of RidonK's review
Old 09-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #21
Glove_20
The Expert

1st of all RidonK

Great Effort and insight

Guards:
Your review was perfect

Fowards:

OK...G-Wall is a injury risk
But lets look at Webber vs. Boozer

Boozer played
51 games 2 years ago
33 games last year

Webber played
67 games 2 years ago
75 games last year

enough said...

Murphy isn't all that special with his % numbers...

And
Lewis puts great % and is one of the most consistent

Centers:

Big Edge?
OK

Z is a mini Ming...

He puts just as good %...A couple of rebounds less...8 pts less...And blocks is same...

And Frye? alrite, I'll let you have that too...

Big Boi, good edge...

BUT REMEMBER...Center is 2 positions, rest is 3 positions

The Rest:

This I believe is one of my biggest advantages

Rahim is the startin player as of now...New coach believes in him
Ridnour would be a G for most teams...Great at assists and steals and FT%...
J-Will is similar to Ridnour, but more 3s and less steals and a little less assists
Korver is one of the best 3pt shooters
Jones is solid at 3s and steals too

Great Bench

Big Boi

Hill is a BIG ? mark
Reddick...?...bench...
Mobley...ok, hes alrite
Mcdyess...Averaged 8ppg and 5rpg last year, and now is older...Thats trash
Brown...another ? mark

I believe I have a big edge there

And the category
FG%
AI shot 44% and Pierce shot 47%, thats not too bad, but alrite
FT%...
Who is bad on my team besides G-Wall? AI and Pierce are one of the best FT drawers, and they shoot up in the high 70s to low 80s

But hey

Good Job
Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #22
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

here is the team to beat

poorlilrich
bibby
maggette
b davis
AK
dirk
battier
pryzbilla
curry
util m miller, mo williams
bn d mason, dunleavy, haywood
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 AM   #23
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

just traded dunleavy for scerbiak
here are updated rosters
m bibby
c maggette
AK
dirk
battier
curry
pryzbilla
util m miller, mo williams
bn scerbiak, haywood, d mason(dropping him when waivers clear)
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:37 AM   #24
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Doesn't Steven A have Odom?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #25
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

he wishes
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:32 PM   #26
Hoonyo
High school junior varsity star

Hoonyo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
IMO, felton will be better than Miller. Felton exploded at the end of last year. He was statistically as good as Paul.

Reddick is a SF/SG right? I just took him, because I thought it would be sweet to get a lot of 3 pointers with versatility of playing 3 positions. He could average a decent amount of points too. He might be dropped or traded too.

Your right, a healtyh Hill could make my team great, but a hurt Hill could just take up a roster spot. If he goes down with anything serious, I'll probably drop him.
no way in hell Reddick should be able to play SF. He's 6'4!
Hoonyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #27
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Thanks for the review Glove, lol. I'll just weigh in one more time.

For Boozer vs CWebb, you have to remember their ages when considering them as injury risks. However many games Webber played two years ago doesn't matter as much, because he's that much older, and he's getting up there in age. That's why I think Webb's a bigger injury risk than Booze. Webber's 36, Boozer's 25. BIG difference, and unless I need assists from my bigmen, I take Boozer over Webber for that reason.

Murphy and Shard could be called a wash, because both bring different things to the table. With Shard, you got 3's, %'s, and points for the most part. With Murphy, you got boards (one thing you are definately lacking in Glove), some decent points (15-16), and a little bit of 3's. His percentages aren't as good as I thought, but they aren't that much worse than Lewis at all.

I take Odom over Wallace everytime, for injury reasons (although if Wallace is healthy he's crazy with blocks and steals).

Glove, one thing that favours you is your forwards are extremely well rounded if healthy. You have points from all three, 3's from Shard, boards from Webb (with a couple more from the other two), and steals and blacks are all but locked up with Wallace. Your big problem is the lack of rebounders that you have, but obviously you weren't drafting for that. Your bench is really small, but will give you assists and points for sure.

One thing is, is CWebb center eligable? I don't think he is, and if you don't have either of your centers playing on one night, you won't be able to substitute them in (unless your league plays differently). Could be tough.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #28
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Thanks for the review Glove, lol. I'll just weigh in one more time.

For Boozer vs CWebb, you have to remember their ages when considering them as injury risks. However many games Webber played two years ago doesn't matter as much, because he's that much older, and he's getting up there in age. That's why I think Webb's a bigger injury risk than Booze. Webber's 36, Boozer's 25. BIG difference, and unless I need assists from my bigmen, I take Boozer over Webber for that reason.

Murphy and Shard could be called a wash, because both bring different things to the table. With Shard, you got 3's, %'s, and points for the most part. With Murphy, you got boards (one thing you are definately lacking in Glove), some decent points (15-16), and a little bit of 3's. His percentages aren't as good as I thought, but they aren't that much worse than Lewis at all.

I take Odom over Wallace everytime, for injury reasons (although if Wallace is healthy he's crazy with blocks and steals).

Glove, one thing that favours you is your forwards are extremely well rounded if healthy. You have points from all three, 3's from Shard, boards from Webb (with a couple more from the other two), and steals and blacks are all but locked up with Wallace. Your big problem is the lack of rebounders that you have, but obviously you weren't drafting for that. Your bench is really small, but will give you assists and points for sure.

One thing is, is CWebb center eligable? I don't think he is, and if you don't have either of your centers playing on one night, you won't be able to substitute them in (unless your league plays differently). Could be tough.
If Webber was 36, I would be worried too

But Webber is 33...Not too bad, around Kidd's age...

And last year he put up 20/10...

Boozer is around 17/11...

Webber has FT% over Boozer, Boozer has FG%...

Webber wins in Stls and blocks as well
And don't forget assist advantage...

So like I said

Boozer played 51 and 33 games
Webber played 67 and 75

And Webber is 33, not too bad...

And don't worry, I am looking for a Center rite now....Will add one soon, looking at trades right now...I am going to get a high FG% shooting/rebounding/blocker type Center

will get one soon...
Old 09-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

So what you're saying is you're going after Yao? The L is so rare in regard to those types of centers, that's the only one I can think of.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #30
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
So what you're saying is you're going after Yao? The L is so rare in regard to those types of centers, that's the only one I can think of.
Nah

there are plenty

The Z is an example

I am trying to get Dalembert though

or

Just drop J-Will (out longer than season opener) and add another one that I really want...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: