Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #16
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Boldin wants out

I'd gladly give up a 2nd and a 5th with Lito.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta
If Boldin is gone that means Warner will retire. Time for Leinart to step up.
Not true. Warner is staying no matter what. He just said Boldin would help in the decision because he wants Boldin back. Warners agent is trying to make it seem like Warner might want to consider other teams but Warner has pretty much said that he doesnt.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #18
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Didn't Fitzgerald say that he would be willing to restructure his contract, or something like that, in order to keep Boldin around? You know he wants him to stay, because as long as he's there, Fitz never will have to worry about being double covered.
Eh. Fitz was kind of cornered into saying that. In all reality its almost impossible for that to happen.

As much as I love Boldin, Breastons emergence made him expendable.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #19
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I heard the Eagles are cutting him.

Things I want:

1. Boldin says here and the Cardinals give him a great offer.

2. Boldin gets traded to Oakland along with a draft pick for Nnamdi

3. Boldin gets traded for a early 1st rounder

4. Boldin gets traded to KC for Tony G and 2nd rounder

None of the above will happen
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Minny trades Pat Williams/2nd rounder for ANQUAN BOLDIN.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good news!

An insider just said the Eagles are #1 in the Boldin chase with the Giants #2! The bad news!....that insider was John Clayton.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #22
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

John Clayton is retarded.

Dream on sky, He won't end up a Vike. You need to find a QB before you do anything.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
If the Cardinals actually keep Edgerrin James, i will laugh.

if they release him and somebody else actually picks his worthless ass up, i will also laugh.

he is destined to be the most overrated hall of famer ever. ever.

as far as boldin, i want him and leftwich in chicago[.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boldin and Desean Action Jackson would compliment each other. But what would the Eagles give up for Boldin? And then what kind of contract are we talkin about? He's a WR that would be nice here no doubt but he isnt the type of WR where I a) dont care what Eagles give up b) nor pay him.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #25
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

eagles should just sign tj, we will have to give up too much for boldin.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #26
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

people laugh at you when you talk football.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #27
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Boldin and Desean Action Jackson would compliment each other. But what would the Eagles give up for Boldin? And then what kind of contract are we talkin about? He's a WR that would be nice here no doubt but he isnt the type of WR where I a) dont care what Eagles give up b) nor pay him.
True but there are only handful of WR's that fall into that category. When Boldin is healthy and on the field he is elite. He'd also finally give the Eagles a playmaker they've so desperately needed. Normally I have trust in the FO and I do believe that more times than not they are right but the Eagles were an Anquan Boldin away from playing in the Superbowl and if it takes over compensating or overpaying so be it. They only have a run or two left with their current group of veterans so now is the time to be aggressive in the offseason.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #28
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
eagles should just sign tj, we will have to give up too much for boldin.
Agreed but I don't want to hear that we missed out on one or the other. We must sign a stud WR. My dream offseason would look something like:

TJ or Anquan (I'd be happy with either)
Trading a 3rd or Lito and a 5th for Tony G. or signing Bo Scaife
Making an offer to either Jordan Gross or Julius Peppers depending on who Carolina franchises. This is unlikely but if we were to miss out on signing a WR I could see them targeting one or the other.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #29
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

whatz wrong with leftwich
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
True but there are only handful of WR's that fall into that category. When Boldin is healthy and on the field he is elite.

The big concern I have.

Quote:
He'd also finally give the Eagles a playmaker they've so desperately needed. Normally I have trust in the FO and I do believe that more times than not they are right but the Eagles were an Anquan Boldin away from playing in the Superbowl and if it takes over compensating or overpaying so be it.

He was a non factor vs the Eagles. Much like our other offensive stud "when healthy" that we broke bread for Brian Westbrook.

Quote:
They only have a run or two left with their current group of veterans so now is the time to be aggressive in the offseason.

True.

Wonder what Cards want. First round pick? Cant see them demanding more.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: