Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-11-2009, 06:08 AM   #16
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

Indy Star's Mike Wells (who is reliable in my experience) says the trade is all but dead.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #17
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Well fawk. Now let's go after Amare...
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #18
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Any deal involving Tinsley won't include Foster or Rush, however.

Good luck with that!
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #19
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You mean Bonnell's source might actually be giving him correct info? Wow.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tinman for Nazr straight up is fine with me.

As a Pacer fan, I say no if it moves Rush. But if Foster is the hang up this is beyond dumb on our part. The extension was a mistake. His trade value will never be higher and he's already begun declining in skills. He's valuable to a team looking to win now, which isn't (well shouldn't be) us.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #21
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
BTW, in Bonnell's latest blog (and a promised article due out today) he says it's nowhere close to happening.
I expect to hear an announcement about the completion of this deal within the next week.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #22
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

this trade is dead. Mj made it clear in his recent interview that felton was goin no were before the trade deadline. We just have to find a way to sign him in the off season
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Im pretty sure MJ said that he was listening to offers and that basically no one is safe.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #24
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Im pretty sure MJ said that he was listening to offers and that basically no one is safe.
probly true
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #25
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandheels
this trade is dead. Mj made it clear in his recent interview that felton was goin no were before the trade deadline. We just have to find a way to sign him in the off season

If Felts isn't going to be traded by Thursday then I would imagine that the FO won't be trying to find a way to re-sign Felts. They must already have made the decision to do whatever it takes to sign him. Because why, as some of our other posters have said, would we take a chance on getting nothing of value for Felts if there's a good chance that we'll lose him in the off-season? But at times like this Cats@Magic game I want to tear my hair out. Felts does the absolute best with shot selection and accuracy and then in the same game he makes the absolute worst decisions with shot selection and accuracy.

I'm not so sure that we'd go for Tinsley at this point given the problems around him. Our players don't need the distraction. They just want to focus on winning.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #26
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
If Felts isn't going to be traded by Thursday then I would imagine that the FO won't be trying to find a way to re-sign Felts. They must already have made the decision to do whatever it takes to sign him. Because why, as some of our other posters have said, would we take a chance on getting nothing of value for Felts if there's a good chance that we'll lose him in the off-season? But at times like this Cats@Magic game I want to tear my hair out. Felts does the absolute best with shot selection and accuracy and then in the same game he makes the absolute worst decisions with shot selection and accuracy.

I'm not so sure that we'd go for Tinsley at this point given the problems around him. Our players don't need the distraction. They just want to focus on winning.

assasinate Mohammed so that there will be enough cap space resign Felton...
I'm guessing MJ and his FO are not interested in 2010 free agency, not a bad idea, but Charlotte will have trouble being finacially flexible, since so many players are signed through 2010.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #27
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What time is the deadline tomorrow?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #28
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
What time is the deadline tomorrow?

As of right now, which is approximately 3:12 pm Eastern time, there are approximately 23 hours and 47 minutes left until the trade deadline. This is according to nba.com which has a countdown section on the lower left side of the screen. Sort of like waiting for the crystal ball to drop over NYs Times Square every 12/31...:

So that would be at 3pm tomorrow. Yes?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yes. And I had better wake up tomorrow and see some news on a Cats trade, and my guess is that it'll be big since Bonnell said there's no way a trade happens.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #30
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yes. And I had better wake up tomorrow and see some news on a Cats trade, and my guess is that it'll be big since Bonnell said there's no way a trade happens.

Timmeh--do you Really want to see a trade? Seriously? And if so, what trade do you want to see? Seriously.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: