Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Mike James, Ricky Davis and Randy Foye should be fun to watch

But how will they work together?

And of course Rashad McCants will be back during the season
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

well thats good and all.

Now they need a good center.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:13 AM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
well thats good and all.

Now they need a good center.
Your team needs a Center, PF and PG and you still made the playoffs...it's crazy
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

I have faith in the wolves. I play as the TWolves in NBA2k7 because I like the Foye and Garnett duo. If Foye plays 3/4 as good as he is in the game the wolves will make the playoffs. Guy can take it to the hoop like Wade but he has a nice mid-range. But will Mike James pass him the ball? That wasn't a problem for me in the video game but Ricky Davis was. He couldnt guard SF's in the post and I traded him for Gerald Wallace. We've drastically improved since then.

However, Garnett wants more than just playoffs. He wants a title. If they just improve to the point of being an 8th seed team...I dont see him staying.
Its do or die time for the wolves, and this piston fan is rooting for ya.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Your team needs a Center, PF and PG and you still made the playoffs...it's crazy
Ims sorry, i agree with the comments about the center and the pg but i think the PF position is doing pretty well, what i think is we need a sg, backup center, better pg but james will have to do for now
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:23 AM   #6
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot
Ims sorry, i agree with the comments about the center and the pg but i think the PF position is doing pretty well, what i think is we need a sg, backup center, better pg but james will have to do for now
I was talking about the Lakers. I should of specified, my bad. I just thought it was given since I was talking to a Lakers fan.

(talks about t-wolves) I'm hoping we're good at the PG spot, since we have so many damn PG's. James could be one of the more under-rated PG's in the league and show us he has top 10 PG game. Otherwise, I think we will still make the playoffs either way. We were going to make it last year until Hudson got injured. He's not been exactly great, but last year he was really filliing it up when we needed him. And you heard about him looking better than he's ever looked so that's a good sign.

It's ridiculous with all these PG's. We are going to have to move Jaric to the SG or SF bench player if James performs like he should. I just hope Casey has a plan and doesn't screw things up by mixing the team's lineup over and over.

Eddie Griffin better play this year and starter minutes! This guy is a defensive menace, I'd pick him over Blount any day of the week. We can split their minutes, as long as Griffin gets a chance to shine. Rebounding numbers killed us last year, and Griffin would fix that. With Garnett on our team, we should be one of the best rebounding teams with a half decent rebounding center, but Blount isn't even decent.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:32 AM   #7
04mzwach

Who thinks we screwed up in getting rid of Szcerbiak? Think of James playing along with Szcerbiak, it would of been great. Instead, we have Ricky Davis who is great at driving and not so much shooting. If it was the other way around, Szcerbiak could of been our Sprewell and sat in the corner while James drove the lane and kicked it back out. Maybe Davis will kick it out to James, but somehow I doubt it. The one thing that is great is the pick-up in Reed. I like having a guy like that on our team.

I can't wait to see how Foye plays. I hope he's as good as they say he will be. Wade with better range? I'll take that any day of the week. And he's really confident with a good attitude which is a great quality. Makes me think that he'll be a guy who can take the last shot like all the other guys we have to take the last shot.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:49 AM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I actually totally agree. We should have kept Szczerbiak I think. Seems like he'd be a perfect fit.

Ricky is great, but other than him we got a stiff with an awful contract and a good pg who jumped ship to Phoenix.

Keeping Dwayne Jones wouldnt have been half bad for our center situation either.

Oh well, no point talking about what could have been. Just have to hope the new look team works the magic.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:57 AM   #9
04mzwach

Look how consistent Ricky D is all over the floor...
http://www.nba.com/hotzones/popup.html
Mike James is the best, Garnett's is great, McCants' looks really really good.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

what does minni do with jaric and hudson?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #11
TheBigTicket21
I airball my layups

I'm glad we traded Wally for Davis. I think he's a better fit for our team.
TheBigTicket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #12
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Ricky is way better than Wally period.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:56 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Ricky is way better than Wally period.

objection! we need a player, not a entertainer...

Eddie Griffin at Center!!!

Response from NeXuS: Ha I know I wouldn't expect a different response from you. Oh and yes, Eddie Griffin>Mark Blount

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-08-2006 at 04:02 PM.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach

Well Kwame averaged 13.6 and 9.2 boards over the last 13 games and did good in the playoffs so we dont need another center because kwame is doing the job now..

The triangle doesnt require great pg's.

Just a shooter that can play defense and has to be pretty tall.

and we had lamar play PF a lot with guys like walton playing at the SF but we signed radman this year so it should be cool.

ANYWAYS TIMBERWOLVES TALK!!!

Ricky Davis was said to undermine paul pierce alot in boston..He might not do so well with garnett cuz he has a poor attitude sometimes.

But when you guys get Rashad Back then u could be open to trading ricky for another pretty good player.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #15
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well Kwame averaged 13.6 and 9.2 boards over the last 13 games and did good in the playoffs so we dont need another center because kwame is doing the job now..

The triangle doesnt require great pg's.

Just a shooter that can play defense and has to be pretty tall.

and we had lamar play PF a lot with guys like walton playing at the SF but we signed radman this year so it should be cool.

ANYWAYS TIMBERWOLVES TALK!!!

Ricky Davis was said to undermine paul pierce alot in boston..He might not do so well with garnett cuz he has a poor attitude sometimes.

But when you guys get Rashad Back then u could be open to trading ricky for another pretty good player.

Pierce responded to this and said it never happened, and not just that, they were close off the court as well. I hate how the media is "out" for Ricky.

He was a good person is Boston, and people can't get over that fact.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: