Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #16
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Well, Pierce always has the ball in Boston and Wally works a lot better than Ricky Davis did. I still think Wally would work better for us as of right now. I guess if Ricky gets to the free throw line I won't complain and average his 20. But Wally was really doing well in Minnesota, we were above .500 when he was putting up 20 a game.

I'm saying it would be cool to have Wally, James and McCants all guys who could shoot the 3 at about 40%. Because now we have Foye and he can be our Ricky Davis type of player driving and being flashy with the and 1's. Not to mention Wally was developing really well around the basket when we traded him. He would run inside there and throw it up for the and 1's all the time. I think our team would make more sense if they would of kept Wally.

If we would of kept Banks, it would of made a lot more sense to trade for Davis. Not every team has a player who can pretty much shut Steve Nash down. Well, at least in the games that he played him last season he did. The guy maybe could of turned into a pretty good starting PG...I mean the guy is a real student of the game and he wants to learn. Not every NBA player that walks into the league is like that.

edit: Ricky has the ability to do better things than Wally though, that's what I think. I just wish he would explode like I want him to.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #17
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

I still think Wally would work better for us as of right now.

No way... Is there a reason that Wally NEVER worked on his ball-handling over the summer? And if he did, why didn't it ever improve? I got sick of watching the Wolves turn it over because Wally either double-dribbled, traveled, dribbled it off his foot, or just got the ball stolen.

Not to mention Wally was developing really well around the basket when we traded him. He would run inside there and throw it up for the and 1's all the time.

Yeah... and thats another thing. When he was able to dribble his way to the basket, he would just put his head down and would never look to kick it out to the open man. Ricky Davis is much more athletic, a better passer, and just a better all-around player. I'll enjoy watching Wally out of the playoff picture this year in the east while the Wolves at least have a shot at the 6th-8th seed.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #18
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
objection! we need a player, not a entertainer...

Eddie Griffin at Center!!!

Response from NeXuS: Ha I know I wouldn't expect a different response from you. Oh and yes, Eddie Griffin>Mark Blount

dude wallyword....every single forum you post on you say "we should do this", "we should do that." Please pick one or two teams to root for. I know you live in Singapore but man pick a team.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #19
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

i actually think we could have a pretty good team this year. hear are some stats from last year: kg 21.8 ppg, 12.7 rpg. mike james (from toronto) 20.3 ppg 5.8 apg. ricky davis 19.4 ppg 5.1 apg. randy foye (out of villanova) 20.5 ppg 1.41 steals and 3.0 apg. sports illustrated ranked them 13th in the western confernce but i think they will do better than that. i cant wait for the season to start. ive been watching espn classic all weekend because it's the mj, kobe, lebron marathon.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:11 AM   #20
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

we have a great team if casey knows how to utilize all of our players talents. we pretty much have a guy for everything needed in a game. SI rated us #13, just purchased the issue 2 days ago. i like our chances this season and anybody who wants to place bets. i will entertain them.

there was also a special article about Foye in SI...it basically said that if foye doesnt become a perrenial all-star...they will **** their pants.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #21
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
we have a great team if casey knows how to utilize all of our players talents. we pretty much have a guy for everything needed in a game. SI rated us #13, just purchased the issue 2 days ago. i like our chances this season and anybody who wants to place bets. i will entertain them.

there was also a special article about Foye in SI...it basically said that if foye doesnt become a perrenial all-star...they will **** their pants.
13 over all or 13 in west? to the last part
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #22
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot
13 over all or 13 in west? to the last part

It's 13th in the west. Most rankings i've seen have the Wolves finishing anywhere from 10th in the West to 13th (only ahead of the Sonics/Blazers). Otherwise, i've only seen a few people giving the Wolves any sort of shot at making the playoffs and Steve Kerr is one of them.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:50 AM   #23
04mzwach

dumbasses...i hate sports analysts that say something and then kiss ass later. this will probably be one of those times. this is bull****.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-31-2006 at 03:01 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: