Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 02-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
Dcarr81
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dcarr81 has an OK reputation so far
Default A trade that should happen because I said so!

I've been thinking lately that if the Wizards trade Caron and Etan for Amare that it could only improve them in the long run. Because as it is Amare is something the wizards lack, and with the Wizards being able to get a very high draft pick they could just end up picking a SG such as James Harden have Jamison run the SF Amare at PF and Haywood at the C. I don't know to me that just sounds smart. With Phoenix wanting to trade Amare this would be a great package deal for them because Grant will be retiring soon and then could have Barbosa come off the bench just like the like to do. So in the end this trade would impact both teams greatly and I would just like to see the Wizards prosper.
Dcarr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
NOVAwiz

NOVAwiz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A trade that should happen because I said so!

Is Amare a free agent after this season? If so I wouldnt think they would have the money to resign him. Plus I cant see them trading away Caron, he has been the person keeping this team alive. I say keep the team for now. Take whatever lottery pick they get (hopefully a PF or C) see how he pans out in the offseason if looks promising then trade off either Blatche or Etan (if anyone will take him with his health issues). I do believe though that Jamison needs to move to SF.
NOVAwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
GiveItToBurrito

Amare's a free agent in 2010.

I like the trade, but I think that, other than Harden, all of the top-five picks in the draft this year will be big men, so unless we want to make another trade on draft day, it would be better to hold off on making any deals involving Caron for a while. Still, if this went through, I wouldn't exactly be upset.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Dcarr81

Dcarr81 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
Amare's a free agent in 2010.

I like the trade, but I think that, other than Harden, all of the top-five picks in the draft this year will be big men, so unless we want to make another trade on draft day, it would be better to hold off on making any deals involving Caron for a while. Still, if this went through, I wouldn't exactly be upset.

I suppose but there are some other prospects worth taking a look at like Curry he could allow Gilbert to play the SG where he would be more effective at and have Curry bring the ball up. Most likely they are gonna get the number 1 pick and if not they have some people expiring in 2010 and that seems to be the latest trend is to aquire 2010 contracts. Also to NOVAwiz they have been trying to ship Caron somewhere it can be found in all the trade rumors on the web.
Dcarr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcarr81
I've been thinking lately that if the Wizards trade Caron and Etan for Amare that it could only improve them in the long run. Because as it is Amare is something the wizards lack, and with the Wizards being able to get a very high draft pick they could just end up picking a SG such as James Harden have Jamison run the SF Amare at PF and Haywood at the C. I don't know to me that just sounds smart. With Phoenix wanting to trade Amare this would be a great package deal for them because Grant will be retiring soon and then could have Barbosa come off the bench just like the like to do. So in the end this trade would impact both teams greatly and I would just like to see the Wizards prosper.

Forget it Wizards fans, Amare wants to go to a contender, which Wizards are not...Perhaps they will be next year, but Amare won't go there, your team sucks, deal with it...Signing Arenas was terrible, the guy is healthy now, yet he won't get on the court and help his team, I know wizards arent in contention, but this sets a bad example to the young players, plus someone getting payed that much should not even get a choice but to be forced to play, he was healthy months ago...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcarr81
I suppose but there are some other prospects worth taking a look at like Curry he could allow Gilbert to play the SG where he would be more effective at and have Curry bring the ball up. Most likely they are gonna get the number 1 pick and if not they have some people expiring in 2010 and that seems to be the latest trend is to aquire 2010 contracts. Also to NOVAwiz they have been trying to ship Caron somewhere it can be found in all the trade rumors on the web.

I'd rather have Harden than Curry; he seems almost like he's at best a rich man's JJ Reddick. He could be decent, but he's not worth using a top-five pick on.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
NOVAwiz

NOVAwiz has an OK reputation so far

well no trade happened. they say they are happy with jamison and butler and are trying to keep the trio. (i guess everyone forgot how dominant the trio was and how much points they put up) I think Crittenton is getting groomed to run the point next year? or atleast share it with Gil in certain rotations. I guess who they draft will be a whole other topic and if they will have the money to sign him.
NOVAwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: