Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #16
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: RUMOR: Marion for J O'Neal

we either need to start winning a lot or start losing a lot... at this point i don't care which.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
we either need to start winning a lot or start losing a lot... at this point i don't care which.
most likely we'll win just enough to pick up a 7th or 8th seed... just enough that we make it into the playoffs, get eliminated in the first round and get a low draft pick (unless BC trades that away).
Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #18
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
most likely we'll win just enough to pick up a 7th or 8th seed... just enough that we make it into the playoffs, get eliminated in the first round and get a low draft pick (unless BC trades that away).

thats my number 1 fear right there... another year in limbo getting drubbed in the first round with a crappy draft pick to show for it.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #19
SESSEL15
Good High School Starter

Where is the link thought? This sounds like a bunch of bull****.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #20
bk33
duck my sick

I think it could work for the raps, Bargs has been playing well as a starter lately but we still need a rebounding SF to complement him, and there's no better rebounder than Marion. If things doesn't work then we let him and his bigass contract go and become a major FA player this summer.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
Where is the link thought? This sounds like a bunch of bull****.

I'm pretty sure this "rumor" was started by the OP, so THIS is the link...
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #22
power works
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech

Grange points out the virtues of tanking:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...WBwbbasketball

"If at all possible the Raptors should trade O'Neal this season. If I'm Bryan Colangelo I'm picking up the phone and making this pitch to Donnie Walsh: O'Neal and Anthony Parker to the Knicks for Marbury and Malik Rose. The Knicks get two players who might actually help them make the playoffs this season without compromising their 2010 salary cap space. The Raptors buy out Marbury and Rose, sign some scrubs and begin tanking as quickly as possible. All of a sudden the Raptors are what, $28-million under the cap this summer, when they can get a jump on the 2010 free agent class and either sign the help at the two and three they need or trade for it, while mixing a top-10 draft pick. Then they can be in a stronger position to make a case to Mr. Bosh as he enters his free agent year and hopefully have a roster deeper in elite talent – not to mention sooner – than is the case now. Obviously it's easier said than done – who knows if Walsh would even be interested? But that's the direction the Raptors should be heading. And to determine if it's the right one they need to find out if Bargnani is simply hot or if he's actually turned the corner. Sitting him behind O'Neal helps this cause not at all."
Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #23
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

This would be a good trade for both teams. Miami need a center, the Raptors need a SF. Both players are somewhat overpaid, but still productive. Maybe send Joel Anthony or Jamaal Magloire back to Canada as well to make the salaries work.

The addition of JO puts Miami solidly in the playoffs and keeps Wade happy.

The addition of Marion gives them a legitimate perimeter defender and wing scorer.

The only problem is that Marion probably wouldn't stay in Toronto beyond the end of this season, but oh well. Cap space baby.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
SESSEL15
Good High School Starter

TJ/Calerdon part 2 is going to start when O'neal comes back. Colangelo you ****head.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #25
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
TJ/Calerdon part 2 is going to start when O'neal comes back. Colangelo you ****head.

I was thinking the same thing. We've gone from a PG controversy to PF/C controversy. Only JO's 20+ million contract is a lot harder to move.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #26
SESSEL15
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
I was thinking the same thing. We've gone from a PG controversy to PF/C controversy. Only JO's 20+ million contract is a lot harder to move.

Tell me about it!

How are you going to bench your # 1 draft pick who in the 5 games has been playing great ( his longest stretch of good games in his whole career has probably been 3 games)?

OR

How are you going to bench a multiple time all-star whom you traded for who is getting paid 20 million dollars?

A lot of people downplay the idea of starting having a large factor on a player. But I think is has a bigger effect than people assume to believe.

Anyways...my opinion: Bring O'neal off the Bench when he returns. I'm hoping he would play with more of a purpose now, to re-gain that spot. And Bargnani would continue to play well to keep his spot.

Just PLEASE...I don't want to see Bargnani at SF ever again.

This might get ugly folks.

edit: grammar
Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #27
Mdog1
Banned

Dang I kind of wish the Cavs could get JO and play him in a 20 minute per game basis. Kind of like with Wallace, and Z.

JO-20
Z-22
BW-20
AV-25
JJ/DJ-9

That would be a good rotation. The problem with TO is that we (i'm a Raps fan to, well my second favourite team, but I digress) wanted JO to come in and be a saviour of the team. On the Cavs that is not a problem what so ever. Toronto has very little depth, where as Cleveland is very deep of a team, and JO's minutes would be cut way back putting much less stress on his body, and in turn taking away some potential injuries.

As for the trade, well the contract is humungous. Normally i'd say Wally and Sasha for him + maybe DJ3 or something along that lines, but I think that for him it would have to involve Snow to. Now personally if TO wants to much BC can go F himself. The Cavs would more or less be doing TO a favour and not the other way around.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #28
power works
High School JV MVP

That JO contract might look ugly now, but this summer there's gonna be more than enough takers on that $23 mil expiring contract.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #29
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Well the problem with tanking is I don't think anyone can beat the Thunder at losing.

And there are plenty of other bad teams in the NBA. A team with a healthy Chris Bosh & Jose Calderon still wins atleast 35 games, not even putting them in top 5 contention.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #30
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

I think the main question holding up this move is the question of ONeal's health.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread