Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
vood002
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default 2006 Sleepers

Who do people think will break out as sleepers this year?

A few I might gamble on:

Hakim Warrick: Athletic PF will get a shot while Gasol is out.
Grant Hill: I think he stays healthy and averages 15-6-6-2-1
Nenad Kristic: Not sure if this qualifies as true sleeper, but i bet he goes much later than he should in 90% of drafts
Danny Granger
Charlie Bell
Carlos Arroyo
Nene
JR Smith
Shaun Livingston: Will get more minutes this year when cassell's knees crumble

please dispute where necessary
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Well I got Granger and Smith, so I'm hoping for them.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

The only one I can dispute is Grant Hill.

He'll never be healthy.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
Hoonyo
Decent playground baller

I like my sleepers.

Rudy Gay
Sebastian Telfair
Monta Ellis OR Dajuan Wagner
Hoonyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
SRZ66
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vood002
Who do people think will break out as sleepers this year?

A few I might gamble on:

Hakim Warrick: Athletic PF will get a shot while Gasol is out.
Grant Hill: I think he stays healthy and averages 15-6-6-2-1
Nenad Kristic: Not sure if this qualifies as true sleeper, but i bet he goes much later than he should in 90% of drafts
Danny Granger
Charlie Bell
Carlos Arroyo
Nene
JR Smith
Shaun Livingston: Will get more minutes this year when cassell's knees crumble

please dispute where necessary
JR smith for sure, he'll get at least 30-35 mpg in denver, he will put up solid numbers.
Kristic will get better and have good %'s
wilcox- will be putting up 17 and 10 easily with great %'s
claxton- starting pg, will rack up made steals and assists
darko- just because blocks are so hard to get, he'll probably get your 2-2.5 this year
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Whats the deal on Speedy? I traded him away because I thought he was going to be out for a good month or so.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:51 AM   #7
GoDuke
Learning to shoot layups

players I'm thinking of drafting (reaching) this year:
Ray Felton - though with Morrison's arrival he can't start along Knight which might hurt his value...
Jameer Nelson - this guy's on a mission...
Francis and Marbury - their numbers can't not improve
Wilcox, Darko and Nazr are probably on almost everybody's radar
... and I'm hoping my man AK-47 finally gives us a full season and establishes himself as a 1st round pick...
GoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:01 AM   #8
KIWI

yeah i agree i took marbury in 3 of my tems just on the basis that hes bound to have a better season than last his numbers should increase!FINGERS CROSSED LOL!
Old 09-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #9
ClutchCityReturns
Local High School Star

Not sure he's a sleeper, because he's been producing for a while but Wally Sczcerbiak has lasted pretty late in the two drafts I've done (I took him both times). Not sure why nobody wants him though, because his numbers from last year are rather impressive...

19.0 points, 4.3 rebounds, 3.0 assists on 48.7% FG, 40.0% 3FG, and 89.7% FT

Another guy I would definitely consider a steal is Ike Diogu. His averages for his last 5 games last year were...

16.6 points, 8.6 rebounds, 1.2 steals, 1.4 blocks on 51.1% FG (24/47) and 89.7% FT (35/39)

A few other guys are Andres Nocioni (blew up in playoffs), Marquis Daniels (possible starter in Indiana?), and Kevin Martin (starter for Sacramento).
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
holabuster

Second that on Raymond Felton and Jameer Nelson. Drafted both. Felton should be starting, since the bobcats are gonna want to promote youth. I think he'll still get plenty of minutes. Nelson...SOLID.

But i gotta add McCants. Just look at his stats as a starter and his stats in the last few months. IMPRESSIVE.

49.2% fg, 1.2 3ptm, 78.4% ft, 3.2 reb, 2.1 ast, 1.9 to, .8 stl, 13.4 pts as a starter.

52.0% fg, 1.0 3ptm, 86.4% ft, 4.0 reb, 1.8 ast, 2.3 to, 1 stl, 16.1 pts in 8 games in April.
holabuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #11
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by holabuster
Second that on Raymond Felton and Jameer Nelson. Drafted both. Felton should be starting, since the bobcats are gonna want to promote youth. I think he'll still get plenty of minutes. Nelson...SOLID.

But i gotta add McCants. Just look at his stats as a starter and his stats in the last few months. IMPRESSIVE.

49.2% fg, 1.2 3ptm, 78.4% ft, 3.2 reb, 2.1 ast, 1.9 to, .8 stl, 13.4 pts as a starter.

52.0% fg, 1.0 3ptm, 86.4% ft, 4.0 reb, 1.8 ast, 2.3 to, 1 stl, 16.1 pts in 8 games in April.
Isn't McCants out until after Christmas. By that time Foye might have already established himself as the starter.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #12
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holabuster

He could be out all season, and there is little to no chance Foye won't take full advantage of the extra playing time.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #13
holabuster

You're right, I'll have to keep an eye on him. I dropped McCants for JR Smith.
holabuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #14
Tess Squad

Default my take...

(Note I haven't prepared for my draft yet so these guys could all be injured, or dead, or pregnant for all i know)

JR Smith is a dog with fleas. He's always touted as a value sleeper by the fantasy media out there....he never comes through....don't draft this cat unless u got 12 or more teams with 12 or more spots per team....you can find better value

Dejuan Wagner - Man I've been reading about this guy since he was a sophmore in highschool circa 1999. Huge bust relative to his hype coming up. But, hey he's a NBA player...great for him. He's not a fantasy NBA baller...so not great for him if you drafted D.W.

Grant Hill is worth a pick because if healthy you know he will produce in all categories and not turn the ball over. If he's injured indefinitely then you took a shot, so be it, go pick up kareem rush or some ish....

Kareem Rush If you are middle of the road with scoring, above average on the big man categories and need 3's and STL's grab this guy....He's streaky and shoots the lights out if he's on a roll....and if healthy to start while G. Wallace may not be, he will be a scorer early for the Bobcats.

Luther Head - He's a sleeper especially since he's being more counted out now that Bonzi is on the team. He can come through big for the Rockets this year. Think of all the attention Yao, T. Mac, and now Bonzi will draw on that set offense. Luther Head open beyond the arc ALL DAY.

Ryan Gomes - Don't sleep on my boy from Providence. Jim Calhoun did and he looked like a fool. Gomes proved to be a solid NBA impact player when he finally got some PT last year. Al Jeff going down last year may have been the best thing for the C's. Talke about a steal by the C's at the end of that draft. He's not gonna get you everything all at once, but a solid bench warmer for any fantasy team that could use a little extra Big Man stats. He may start. He could be a 10-10 guy by the All-Star reak. I picture 9-7-1-1, especially if he starts. He's solid from the FT line and all his buckets are in the paint so his FG% will be good

Al Jefferson - He's a bust. Way overrated by everone going into this Fantasy Season. Huge C's fan here. I think he needs to get traded now before we see his value slip away.

Granger, Claxton, Darko, Kristic, Arroyo, Livingston, J. Nelson are going to be better this year, but they are on every1's radar so they don't qualify as sleepers in my book.

Good call on Ike Diagou

Warwick is interesting...got a C. Bosh style....

oh yeah, and welcome back to the fantasy radar Tim Thomas
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
vapid
Paranoid Android

pau gasol
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: