Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #16
Ghost_Delay
Learning to shoot layups

Rush no longer plays for the Bobcats, he got invited to the Sonics training camp, but with Ray Allen already there I don't see him making the roster.

I would recommend JR Smith (I picked him), if only because he is likely to get a lot of minutes and some open shots if the Nuggets learn how to execute well on offense.

I'm not so sure about any Celts player not named Pierce since Doc Rivers always screws up with his rotations. Wouldn't take those until late in the draft.
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
Tess Squad
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Rushing out of the NBA?

K. Rush has no home? Man! That sucks. I liked that guy. Did he have off-court prolems or was that injury enough to have the Bobcats drop him? He had some big games last year. I actually was just looking up NBA.com and he's not on there. So now I know. Looks like I need to brush up on how the league/players settled since last season. Kareem can play for my men's league team if he wants.

About JR Smith. I know I am in the minority with him by saying not to draft him. The nuggets need a faster game and he can bring that to their squad, if he wakes the F up. But, hey, he didn't do anything on a team that he really should have done well with last year. On the Hornets, especially with the emergence of CP3, JR Smith was supposed to be a goldmine late in Fantasy Drafts. Last season you looked at the Pre Season Hornet roster and not knowing what CP was gonna do, it was everyone's opinion that JR would be an offensive force - simply because no matter how bad the team, the points have to come from some where. He was gonna be their # 2 scorer. He was gonna help the team kick up the fast break. I drafted him last year. He sucked. On the Hornets, what happened instead was, that Mr. Waiver Wire Desmond Mason, took the fast break torch on that Squad that was supposed to be JR Smith's hands down. That is a bad sign if Desmond Mason has more value than JR Smith and you're talking about a Hornets Roster. I hope he proves me wrong cuz if he's good he's exciting. But this guy is always one of the bigger misses with respect to pre-fantasy-draft sleeper hype.

I'm still all about Gomes though. Certainly as a "watched player" if he's not drafted very late in fantasy leagues. He's gonna start and he averaged 12-8 in 30 gams after the all-star break. He lost 30 lbs since last year and is in much better shape so he will not be lost in between the PF/SF position. He will be an inside-out SF that will grab a ton of O-boards and make his FTs.

But I agree about DOC, Believe me. He makes horrible rotation moves late 3rd early 4th quater in close games to seal the L. He has no clue how to manage an in-game roster.

Was D. West not drafted in your league?

Oh, and did that guy say Pau Gasol in the context of his being a sleeper?? Hope not.

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-03-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #18
SRZ66
Local High School Star

gomes does not get blocks, 3's, steals, he's an average ft shooter. he'll get 12/ 7 maybe, with a decent fg%.... nothing special at all
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #19
Tess Squad

But he looks damn good getting those 12-7 doesn't he. Anyway, he had a thunderous emergence after the All Star break. Now starting and now 30 lbs lighter I think he's gonna be the best player in the universe.

I am proud of the fact that I can be so objective about my favorite player/team.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #20
Ghost_Delay
Learning to shoot layups

K. Rush:

Apparently the fact that his FG % is only slightly higher than his 3PT FG % (lack of driving, bad shot selection?) doesn't go well with coaches. Neither does the fact he has zero impact on the game other than his sporadic offensive bursts. Or that his work ethic seems to be lacking, which are the main reasons the Bobcats let him go.

I do agree that he belongs in the NBA, a team in lack of 3 point shooters could put him in when struggling to score. Same reason Eddie House is in the league.
Denver could've picked him up on the cheap if they hadn't resigned DerMarr Johnson.
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #21
Tess Squad

Default 3 point jobbers

Gotta love those NBA ballers that cash checks simply because that 3 point line exists. Eddie House is a great example today. He scored over 60 points a few times in college (Cal?) thanks to the kid's 3-point arc.

Dell Curry and the Rifleman Chuck Person could probably thank those final 1 year veteran minimum contracts (1 mil+) to that 3 point line. Sam Perkins coulda probably stuck it out a few more years and shot another million 3's, but I think he really didnt give a sh!t.

Damon Jones has a past, present, and future because of that Arc. That guy was great 2 seasons ago. He'd go 5-8 from the floor with 15 pionts. He treated that line like he was Moonlight Graham on the 1st Base Line of the Field Of Dreams.

Speaking of prolific but otherwise talentless 3-point gunners: Is Craig Hodges still working at Joe's Garage?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:44 AM   #22
Rey619ATL
Saw a basketball once

Deron Williams!!!!
Rey619ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #23
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by vood002
Who do people think will break out as sleepers this year?

A few I might gamble on:

Hakim Warrick: Athletic PF will get a shot while Gasol is out.
Grant Hill: I think he stays healthy and averages 15-6-6-2-1
Nenad Kristic: Not sure if this qualifies as true sleeper, but i bet he goes much later than he should in 90% of drafts
Danny Granger
Charlie Bell
Carlos Arroyo
Nene
JR Smith
Shaun Livingston: Will get more minutes this year when cassell's knees crumble

please dispute where necessary

Yep,
Warrick, Granger, Bell, Jr. Smith & Livingston for sure. And I think Milich or however u spell his name w/ the Magic will lite it up.
LRVBADASSBALLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #24
Tess Squad

I like Kevin Martin this year big.

Wilcox.

Sheldon Williams will come to play by mid season

Rondo is looking like the to-be-starter in Boston at the PG spot and he is impressing everyone.

Bonzi

Luther Head
Old 10-17-2006, 09:08 AM   #25
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Squad
I like Kevin Martin this year big.

Wilcox.

Sheldon Williams will come to play by mid season

Rondo is looking like the to-be-starter in Boston at the PG spot and he is impressing everyone.

Bonzi

Luther Head

I forgot about K. Martin. He was sic last season! He might be starting this season.

Wilcox is another! His fg% was 57! And he grabs a ton of rbs. And, hhaaha, I got him on my fantasy team! muahahahah!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #26
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Gotta love those NBA ballers that cash checks simply because that 3 point line exists. Eddie House is a great example today. He scored over 60 points a few times in college (Cal?) thanks to the kid's 3-point arc.

Dell Curry and the Rifleman Chuck Person could probably thank those final 1 year veteran minimum contracts (1 mil+) to that 3 point line. Sam Perkins coulda probably stuck it out a few more years and shot another million 3's, but I think he really didnt give a sh!t.

Damon Jones has a past, present, and future because of that Arc. That guy was great 2 seasons ago. He'd go 5-8 from the floor with 15 pionts. He treated that line like he was Moonlight Graham on the 1st Base Line of the Field Of Dreams.

Speaking of prolific but otherwise talentless 3-point gunners: Is Craig Hodges still working at Joe's Garage?

Hodges was a badass, awesome shot along with lightning speed! He's now a coach w/ the Bulls, I believe.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #27
Tess Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRVBADASSBALLIN
Hodges was a badass, awesome shot along with lightning speed! He's now a coach w/ the Bulls, I believe.

Really? Wow. Good for him. Remember when he won the 3 PT contest in like 94 or something like that. Then he was axed from the Bulls and didnt make any other team the next year. But the league offered him the ability to defend his title at the All Star Weekend that next season. I remember it clearly. They had a video segment about what he has been doing. All it was was clips of his at home gym, and him shooting 1000's of 3's a day. Hilarious.

He didn't put up a good showing that next season as the unemployed 3 point defending champion. And the best part was him showing up with a Joe's Garage jersey, since he had no team to represent.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #28
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Really? Wow. Good for him. Remember when he won the 3 PT contest in like 94 or something like that. Then he was axed from the Bulls and didnt make any other team the next year. But the league offered him the ability to defend his title at the All Star Weekend that next season. I remember it clearly. They had a video segment about what he has been doing. All it was was clips of his at home gym, and him shooting 1000's of 3's a day. Hilarious.

He didn't put up a good showing that next season as the unemployed 3 point defending champion. And the best part was him showing up with a Joe's Garage jersey, since he had no team to represent.

LMAO, hell ya, I remember that. I had forgotten about the Joe's Garage Jersey though! Hahhaha. Didn't he win it like 3 yrs. in a row?? In the well known book 'Jordon Rules" it was said that Jordon didn't like all the attention Hodges received, that's why they axed him fromt he Bulls. It's interesting, that's for sure. Can you imagine no team picking up a sharp shooter like that! JUST PLAIN CRAZY IMO!

Dude! You know you bball, are you on a fantasy team yet. I'm on 3 already, but one of them we need like 3 more players. Interested? Everyone there has a high bball iq, so it would be a great league to be in. It's a H2H, 10 team, auto draft. Let me know!

TTUL
Old 10-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #29
bruzzes
Learning to shoot layups

Nobody's mentioned Gerald Wallace.

Any thoughts?
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #30
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

He's far from a sleeper. He's going in the second to third round every draft. EVERYONE knows about him and everyone is expecting big things (barring injuries). Especially after the game he had last night.

Statline

22 points
5 rebounds
4 assists
6 steals
2 blocks

I think that's it. Pretty damn solid.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: