Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: OC Register - Are the Sacto Kings moving to Anaheim?

what do sacramento fans think?

Source: Are the Sacto Kings moving to Anaheim?

Quote:

The city of Anaheim apparently has not given up the fight to land an NBA team. And again, the folks at the Honda Center are considering one of the worst franchises.

Register columnist Randy Youngman is reporting via the Sacramento Bee that Anaheim is an “aggressive suitor” of the Kings, if the franchise decides to relocate.

The Kings? They own the worst record in the NBA at 11-43. Worse than the Clippers and Wizards and that’s saying something. Do we really want them in Orange County? Please say no.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Article: OC Register - Are the Sacto Kings moving to Anaheim?

i hope not cuz the oc sucks. i live there, but on the bright side, i can finally attend a kings home game?
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
winningfreak
I brick open layups

winningfreak has not been impressing people

I hope so that way we can have a fight for last place all within 30 miles!
winningfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Doubt it happens, Sacramento is also being quite agressive with the plans of building a new arena at Cal Expo.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
winningfreak
I brick open layups

winningfreak has not been impressing people

^ yes but Sacramento does not have nearly as big of a population as the area down in OC and the honda center is a newer stadium with heavy population all around it ( LA is not far at all 10 minute drive)
winningfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningfreak
^ yes but Sacramento does not have nearly as big of a population as the area down in OC and the honda center is a newer stadium with heavy population all around it ( LA is not far at all 10 minute drive)
Yeah, LA is huge and it has 2 teams already.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
sergiorodriguez

thatd be so damn confusing, Sacramento kings become the anaheim kings, their colors are purple black white, Anaheim is basically LA, then the hockey franchise los angeles kings play nearby and their colors are purple black and white
Old 07-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
sak
I hit open layups

sak has an OK reputation so far

Why is there some theory that Sac is to small for a francise? the fans of the kings arnt just sacramento people. i guess people forget about Roseville, rocklin, folsom, auburn, Davis, wheatland, marysville, stockton, elderado hills, and all the other little places north of Sacramento that have no team close enough to call there own so they go to the kings. A couple bad years and people think there just moving. Kings go nowere and Sac is still a good market for A sports team. dont think it could support 2 major ones but for the kings. its gonna be just fine.
sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
thatd be so damn confusing, Sacramento kings become the anaheim kings, their colors are purple black white, Anaheim is basically LA, then the hockey franchise los angeles kings play nearby and their colors are purple black and white

It's ok, we'll just call them the Anaheim Queens, just as I did Sacto during the good old days of the rivalry......I really miss the rivalry, the Kings were fun to watch, tough and scary as hell.....not like the boring ass Spurs.
Need to keep the team in Sacto and rebuild the rivalry.....but lose those damn cowbells
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
jimm1909
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jimm1909 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

I really wish they would move now... The Angels arent holding up and I need some type of sports in Anaheim!!

-Jim

Last edited by jimm1909 : 07-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.
jimm1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
JohnMilisitz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JohnMilisitz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

THis move needs to happen. We totally support all of our teams. We should get a football team also.

I would take the Clippers also. Either team would be fine with me as long as we can change the names. We would make them winners.!!!
JohnMilisitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak
Why is there some theory that Sac is to small for a francise? the fans of the kings arnt just sacramento people. i guess people forget about Roseville, rocklin, folsom, auburn, Davis, wheatland, marysville, stockton, elderado hills, and all the other little places north of Sacramento that have no team close enough to call there own so they go to the kings. A couple bad years and people think there just moving. Kings go nowere and Sac is still a good market for A sports team. dont think it could support 2 major ones but for the kings. its gonna be just fine.

Well yea I mean I would say half the season ticket holders if not more aren't from the Eldorado Hills/Granite Bay, Folsom area. There are a lot of Kings fans in random towns all across Nor Cal. I don't really know how places like Stocketon/Modesdo/Vacaville feel... but I'm sure there are quite a few Kings fans in places in and around those areas too. I don't think they are going anywhere either... but they do need some shit to start working out tho. I mean they have some talent, but no leadership and a lot of boneheads (mostly Tyreke and DeMarcus). When they were good tho it was great for the City and I want them to stay even tho I'm not a fan.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As cool as it would be having another team in Socal I just can't see the market being able to support 3 teams. I'd be more for just eliminating a couple of teams from the league than I would having teams move to another city.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Three teams in So Cal.....geeez.
I would like that cause I'd get to see hella b-ball games out there. Be like two more road games for the Lakers just an hour away and in Kobe backyard.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #15
one2

I usually don't even read here let alone but it doesn't look like I see a lot of ppl post on this forum.

But anyways i wonder what will happen within the following months. I know the Kings owners are fighting to keep the Kings in Sac town.

They just played their last game last night and many fans stuck around bit to enjoy what could be the last Kings post game lingering...

My heart goes out to Sacramento. I am a Sonics fans and it was sad to see them go.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: