Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Bonzi a laker???

take it for what its worth...

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-415.html

*thanks to kobe24 for bringing this to attention*
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

I brought up the idea that the Lakers should pursue Bonzi Wells many times before. I talked about him when we were going after Al Harrington. It would allow us to bring VladRad off the bench in a Toni Kukoc role. Bonzi improves our defense and it will also allow Kobe to play a little 3 this year. Our lineup would become very versatile if we had him. We could go big or go small. It would be a surprise since the consensus has been that Bonzi would go to Miami, Charlotte, or Houston. Miami is real close to the luxury tax number, so they won't give him a big contract. Houston can give him the most money out of all the teams in contention. Charlotte has money, won't spend it, but has a ton of available playing time.

Bonzi made a huge mistake turning down Sacramento's offer. That's pretty much a given now.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

I'm not buying it. If it was 90% there, we would have heard something more. A visit to LA, etc.
As I've posted in the past, Charlotte can/should be the facilitator for any such trade. They have to add payroll (they are below the minimum). But they don't want to keep him or the added payroll...so...they S&T him for expiring contracts of players that may help them or at least give them a free look at he players.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Yeah, not buying it here either. Why would he play for scraps here when he could play for scraps in Miami and have a better shot at a title? I don't see the Lakers wanting to get into any long-term thing which is what would have to happen if they did a S&T w/Charlotte - the only reason Bonzi wouldn't play for cheap for a title contender at this point is if someone offers him a nice multi-year deal, and the Lakers aren't looking to add that sort of thing to their contract mix.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #5
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
take it for what its worth...

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-415.html

*thanks to kobe24 for bringing this to attention*

Oh yeah that'll piss Kobe off! LOL Just kidding. It would move him to Small forward and Bonzi in at shooting guard.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:51 AM   #6
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

And.... rumor over. He's signing with Rockets for 2 yrs. 5 mil. with a player opt-out option after the first year.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:47 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
And.... rumor over. He's signing with Rockets for 2 yrs. 5 mil. with a player opt-out option after the first year.

Shortest thread ever.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: