Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Kapono Needs To Be Next

Unloading Kapono's contract before the trade deadline should now become BC's priority.

I was looking at two teams that I think could use a little extra scoring punch off the bench for the postseason run.

San Antonio and Cleveland.

How about these deals...

To Toronto
Rights to Eric Snow

To Cleveland
Jason Kapono

Eric Snow's contract is an expirer.

or

To Toronto
Fabricio Oberto
Jacques Vaughn

To San Antonio
Jason Kapono
Will Solomon

Oberto is under contract for next season, but he would be a nice option as back-up center.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kapono Needs To Be Next

Agreed. Getting rid of Kapono's contract is an absolute must. I'd do either of those deals in a heartbeat.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

I wonder whether the Bobcats would like him back. They don't seem likely to be part of the 09/10 spending teams, so maybe they'd like to add some depth.

I'd do Kapono for Raja Bell straight up right now. I'd love to see Bell on this team.

Maybe a team like Boston would have interest in him for the playoff push too. What would they give us for him?
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Honestly wait till the trade deadline ..... most playoff teams who are contenders will love to take Kapono even with this contract because teams love to have proven shooters ....... and yea his contract is nasty too bad it couldn't of been kapono instead of Moon!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Kapono/Solomon for Stackhouse works too. That actually seems like something Dallas would do. Stack would be 7 million coming off after next season.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Kapono/Solomon for Stackhouse works too. That actually seems like something Dallas would do. Stack would be 7 million coming off after next season.

I thought about that one, but Stack makes more money then Kapono so that would give us less money to have to spend this offseason and that's not what we want.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Honestly wait till the trade deadline ..... most playoff teams who are contenders will love to take Kapono even with this contract because teams love to have proven shooters ....... and yea his contract is nasty too bad it couldn't of been kapono instead of Moon!

You do know that the trade deadline is in 4 days right?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
New Rap City
Pickin' and poppin'

New Rap City has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Unloading Kapono's contract before the trade deadline should now become BC's priority.

I was looking at two teams that I think could use a little extra scoring punch off the bench for the postseason run.

How about these deals...

To Toronto
Rights to Eric Snow

To Cleveland
Jason Kapono

or

To Toronto
Fabricio Oberto
Jacques Vaughn

To San Antonio
Jason Kapono
Will Solomon

Oberto is under contract for next season, but he would be a nice option as back-up center.

I can't see Cleveland making that move, as they already have Szczerbiak who is playing decently, and Boobie Gibson for shooting, plus Delonte West when he comes back, why would they take on Kapono?

Dallas might be one possibility...I honestly don't think anyone wants him for that price and for thay many years...

I think we tried to "showcase" him a bit when Triano first came on, game him some starts but man he just wasnt consistent enough...I think there are enough streaky shooters around that people could find that have better contracts...

Getting Raja bell from Charlotte? Raja is a Larry Brown guy, plays good defense...why would he want a guy who is pure offense like Kapono (who is like the pure offense guy they got rid of - Richardson).

We are hooped on this one i think guys.
New Rap City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 AM   #9
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Don't forget Kapono was about the only Raptor scorer you could count on in the playoffs last year against Orlando. I think we still have a good chance of making the playoffs and i would keep him for that reason. He seems to like the bright lights. Than you can re-evaluate him in the offseason. Right now our bench is to diminished to give him away without at least an equally capable scorer, coming back.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #10
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Don't forget Kapono was about the only Raptor scorer you could count on in the playoffs last year against Orlando. I think we still have a good chance of making the playoffs and i would keep him for that reason. He seems to like the bright lights. Than you can re-evaluate him in the offseason. Right now our bench is to diminished to give him away without at least an equally capable scorer, coming back.

I think his contract cancels out any sort of production he gives us on the court.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

How about these deals...

To Toronto
Rights to Eric Snow

To Cleveland
Jason Kapono

Eric Snow is in the process of declaring medical retirement, and until the Cavs settle the disability claim they made, I don't think he can be traded.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1

It was 5 games. As opposed to the 100+ of mediocrity.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
It was 5 games. As opposed to the 100+ of mediocrity.

Good call.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

I agree.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #15
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Hopefully we get a good deal for him. It would really make up for taking on Banks' contract. I'm hoping that BCs magic is still around and Banks turns into a bonafide 6th man for us. I haven't seen him play much since his Phoenix days, even then I haven't seen him much. But with that kind of contract he must have some talent. Hopefully he gets a chance here that he never got in Miami and he can be more than a journeyman with a bad contract for us.

As far as Kapono goes, I would trade him for any expiring contract out there. The extra 6 million off the books for next year would really help us.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: