Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Dejuan Blair

Does anyone think he'll be able to carve out a career in the NBA??

Just watched the Pitt/UConn game and he was an absolute monster with 22 points and 23 rebounds against the #1 team in the country.

Sure he's undersized in terms of height (only 6'7") but he's a rock solid 265 lbs and one of the strongest post players in college.

With guys like Craig Smith, Chuck Hayes, and Brandon Bass, making a name for themselves as undersized powerforwards, do you think he'll get drafted and have a solid pro career?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dejuan Blair

Offensively I've been saying he reminds me of Corliss Williamson. His rebounding is similar to Reggie Evans/prime Danny Fortson. I see him being one of those guys who can't play huge minutes in the NBA because of the tempo and his size, but will be extremely effective in the minutes he's given. In other words, don't use a lotto pick on him but give him a chance later in the draft and you'll be rewarded.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 02-17-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think he could be seen as a Udonis Haslem type with a better offensive set. I don't think he is as good defensively, but he is going to grab tons of rebounds. I think in the 20's he would be a great pick for a team that is looking for some size and toughness.

Another thing that needs to be talked about is that he may only be like 6-6, he isn't a great run/jump athlete, and he doesn't have the face up jumper of someone like Griffin, which would really help him in the NBA. I think he would be a good fit for New Orleans, Sacramento, and OKC late in the 1st round, or early in the 2nd round. I think he could go as early as Detroit who will probably be drafting in the 15-20 range.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
GSW1984
I airball my layups

GSW1984 has an OK reputation so far

I see Blair as an Early 2nd Rounder at best while he has proven himself worthy in the Big East unarguably the most competitive Conference in the NCAA Blair is still too short for the power foward position, but me not knowing his wingspan its too early to know because Elton Brand was undersized at the Power Forward and he has had a successful NBA Career. Blair does not wow me with his athleticism but his strength is a tremendous upside that might make for a long NBA Career.

Best Case : Anthony Mason
Worse Case: Danny Fortson
GSW1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Blair is my favourite player to watch at the moment and that inlcudes the NBA. He is an absolute animal. His rebounding his great and more importantly, his offensive rebounding is just fantastic. There is no one who can rebound on the offensive boards like Blair.

I'm a sucker for undersized PF's though. My favourite player of all time is Rodman, and Blair, for me, just brings back memories of Rodman. An undersized PF with long as hell arms, solid build and plays with heart, tenacity and doesn't fear anyone.

When Blair gets to the NBA, I hope they (which ever team he goes to) are able to get him in to prime physical shape. Put him on a good diet, throw him in the gym and he will be a beast.

Depending on how Pitt do in the tourny, he might be able to go as high as the 15th or so pick at best. But I don't see him going any higher than that. He will more likely be around the 18th to 23rd pick.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
Cabbage
Thugget

Cabbage has an OK reputation so far

He can certainly have success in the NBA. But not at C or even PF. Should be a backup SF.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage
He can certainly have success in the NBA. But not at C or even PF. Should be a backup SF.
He most def belongs down low thumping his rear end into other guys, not on the perimeter
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

With so many teams going with versitile PF and C, though, he could almost be the SF while playing like a PF. No matter where he plays though, his team will use him to bang in the low post, it is just a matter of him playing 10-15 minutes or 30+ minutes. Can he be a regular starter that plays big minutes considering his size and limited abilities in certain areas?
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #9
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprizzle14
He most def belongs down low thumping his rear end into other guys, not on the perimeter

definetly agree with this

so the common trend is hes a late 1st round early 2nd round?

could be a potential steal
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The last ESPN update had him moving up to mid first round. I love him too. In addition to his overall beastliness, his footwork is great, his hands are really good, and he's got really nice touch around the hoop. His size will prevent him from probably being a full time guy, but he'll have a ton of value. His low center of gravity gives longer post guys issues too. And he definitely needs to get his conditioning a little better.

A few years ago when George Mason had that kid who took them to the final four, I can't remember his name, but he was similar, and never got a chance. There's a lot of guys like this who were never given the opportunity. Anyway, the George Mason kid made a sort of half ass attempt to get drafted in the NFL as a tight end. Uconn also had a backup big who made a similar attempt, a big white kid who transferred from Georgia Tech after his freshman year, who's name I also forget. It was Ed something.

I'd take a shot at Blair as a TE if he slipped through the basketball cracks. Hell, he could probably put the frame on to play left tackle. The good feet, long arms, strong legs.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
A few years ago when George Mason had that kid who took them to the final four, I can't remember his name, but he was similar, and never got a chance. There's a lot of guys like this who were never given the opportunity. Anyway, the George Mason kid made a sort of half ass attempt to get drafted in the NFL as a tight end. Uconn also had a backup big who made a similar attempt, a big white kid who transferred from Georgia Tech after his freshman year, who's name I also forget. It was Ed something.

I'd take a shot at Blair as a TE if he slipped through the basketball cracks. Hell, he could probably put the frame on to play left tackle. The good feet, long arms, strong legs.

Ohhh good ol Jai Lewis. I wanted the niners to draft him but he showed up to workouts fat and outta shape but I think Blair could have been tought to be a monster of a tackle. I believe I heard he was being recriuted by some big name colleges for football after never playing in highschool
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Dejuan Blair plays a very similar game to Tyler Hansborough, yet nobody compares Dejuan Blair to Mark Madsen
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #13
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
When Blair gets to the NBA, I hope they (which ever team he goes to) are able to get him in to prime physical shape. Put him on a good diet, throw him in the gym and he will be a beast.

Exactly. DeJuan Blair may very well be the second coming of Michael Sweetney, that'd be unfortunate.

I personally would only take him with a 16-22 pick in the first round of this year's draft.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Dejuan Blair plays a very similar game to Tyler Hansborough, yet nobody compares Dejuan Blair to Mark Madsen

There's one "small" difference between Blair and Hansbrough, in that Blair averages 12.4 boards per game, and Hansbrough averages 8.1.

It has shown in the past that rebounding is the skill that translates best from college to the NBA.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:38 AM   #15
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
There's one "small" difference between Blair and Hansbrough, in that Blair averages 12.4 boards per game, and Hansbrough averages 8.1.

It has shown in the past that rebounding is the skill that translates best from college to the NBA.

Someone tell Michael Beasley, Michael Sweetney and Tyrus Thomas that.

While Blair may be a good rebounder now, it doesn't always translate to the NBA. Some guys have a harder time developing to the speed and consistently playing bigger, tougher, and better players everynight. He will be a huge offensive liability in the NBA.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: