Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #31
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Hornets Trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder

from the espn article:

Quote:
At the Hornets' Tuesday morning shootaround in Oklahoma City, West told the New Orleans Times Picayune that he was hoping his team would resist the trade interest in Chandler.

"I don't know if that's somebody we can afford to lose,'' West told the newspaper. "So I'm not sold on that idea. You just don't find a 7-foot-1 athlete like that and he's the only 7-footer we have. Especially if we're planning on making a run into the playoffs, we're going to need size to compete with Portland, San Antonio and the Lakers. I'm not sure that would help us.''

there's no way any hornets fan can sugarcoat this deal. owners like shinn and sarver shouldn't be allowed to have franchises.

who was in charge of the cavs when they religously traded their draft picks over a decade ago?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #32
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Wow I did not know they signed Stojakavic for that much (13-14-15m from now till '11). Who else was offering even close to that?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish we could have kept Marion and traded him for Tyson Chandler and salary cap filler.

PG/Jrich/SF/Amare/Chandler for the future.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #34
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Looks like a first round exit for the hornets this year.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #35
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech

there's no way any hornets fan can sugarcoat this deal. owners like shinn and sarver shouldn't be allowed to have franchises.

who was in charge of the cavs when they religously traded their draft picks over a decade ago?

Mark Cuban doesnt look so bad now does he ya'll?

oh, and we knew Shinn was a punk with how he treated the Charlotte fan base
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #36
Detroit
H8s Laker Homers!

Detroit has an OK reputation so far

wow, thunder got a steal, amazing

chandler/westbrook/durant/green

and a sh*t loads of picks ahead of them.

watch out for the grizzles and thunder
Old 02-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #37
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

i like mark cuban... he actually makes the mavs interesting.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #38
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
i like mark cuban... he actually makes the mavs interesting.

didnt mean to make that seem like a shot at you personally. just the haters. say what you want about him but the dude just wants to win.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #39
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit
wow, thunder got a steal, amazing

chandler/westbrook/durant/green

and a sh*t loads of picks ahead of them.

watch out for the grizzles and thunder
....and the wolves

we have the potential to have 4 1st round picks this year although its unlikely we get all 4
Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #40
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

Cuban is an an obnoxious douche that constantly makes himself into the center of attention: but he is a top 3 owner in terms of the resources he puts forth to make his team sucessful.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #41
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow. I really want the economy to get better. This is really sad. I see the NBA completely falling apart if the economy gets any worse. Teams sacrificing talent for money never ends well. Stupid trade, but if they had to make it, that's just sad. I feel bad for the Hornets fans now. Hate to see trades like these. This could potentially be a very depressing trade deadline.

Also, i just read that the Wizards may be interested in dealing their first round pick this year to save money. This is really bad.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #42
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

What a horric trade for the Hornets. Are they trying to reduce CP3's assist stats? And their defense will suffer too. Unless they are getting another quality big man somehow, this is idiotic IMO..
Old 02-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #43
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

wow as a spurs fan I must say this is a good thing. lol not for the hornets though. i bet cp3 is FUMING right now
Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #44
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Great trade for the Thunder if it goes through.

I thought we would at least have to give up one of our draft picks to make this go through but we get to keep all 3
Old 02-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #45
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Wait, Wilcox is in the deal too? ESPN NBA page didn't I take that back, then. I actually think it's a good trade for NO if he's healthy.

I thought it was just Chandler and Smith
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread