Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 02-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default No Tyson, No Deuce....

Sucks!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3913301

I'm not in favor of this at all.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
KrispyKreme0
I hit open 5-footers

KrispyKreme0 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: No Tyson, No Deuce....

Thank you Mr. Economy and Mr. Shinn for destroying our team. Tyson was our underrated player that we needed to thrive. How in the world am I going to enjoy my donut and coffee in the morning w/o watching plays from Paul -- Chandler the night before???

This sucks big time. There goes our season.

(Wow my first post in 09)
KrispyKreme0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Horrible trade, IMO, although Wilcox is better than most give him credit for.

He isn't the rebounding and defensive force that Chandler is, but he's a better scorer, and just as athletic. He will catch a few beautiful highlight-reel passes from Paul, and (if he starts) will probably average 13/8.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation

Huge bulls fan, but also a huge Chandler fan, and i gotta say, this is a terrible deal. I loved Tyson when he was here, and was absolutely heartbroken to see him go just when team and individual progress was being made.

I know you guys feel just as bad if not worse, because NO was supposed to contend for the title this year.

I imagine Chandler is completely shattered, no.1 reason being he no longer gets to play for the best PG in the league that made his life easier than ever before.

Sorry Hornets fan, i hope you guys can rebound from this loss that had nothing to do with besides money.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
Copperhead
Local High School Star

I'm still a little upset but I'll get over it. I've begun to wonder if and when will Tyson return to the court this season. The ankle seems to still be bothering him. Makes me wonder if it had been more severely sprained than originally reported. Looked like he broke it when it happened. Perhaps they didn't think they could sit and wait to see if he'll be able to contribute this season or not. He always seems to have an infected toe also. This just has been an injury plagued season for Tyson. I wish him the best.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 AM   #6
Copperhead
Local High School Star

GM Bower: Deal provides some financial flexibility

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY -- In a move that likely will keep Hornets owner George Shinn from having to pay a luxury tax penalty this summer because of a high player payroll, the Hornets traded starting center Tyson Chandler to the Oklahoma City Thunder for two big men with expiring contracts.

The Hornets obtained forwards Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith and the draft rights to DeVon Hardin, the 50th overall pick in the 2008 draft who is playing in Greece.

None of the players involved in the trade played during Tuesday night's game between the Hornets and the Thunder at the Ford Center.

Wilcox and Smith are expected to arrive in New Orleans today to get their physical examinations, but they are not expected to play against the Orlando Magic tonight at the New Orleans Arena. Sean Marks started at center Tuesday.

Chandler, who has missed 12 consecutive games with a sprained ankle, has been a key member of the Hornets since he was obtained in a trade with the Chicago Bulls in July 2006. He was the team's main defensive enforcer and combined with star guard Chris Paul to form an effective alley-oop combo dubbed the Crescent City Connection. He played a key role last season as the team won the Southwest Division title and forced San Antonio to a Game 7 in the second round of the playoffs.

Quote:
Bower said the trade was made to improve their frontcourt with more veteran depth and "to put ourselves in a position to have greater flexibility down the road and to be in a situation where we have flexibility financially."

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/inde...770.xml&coll=1

I might not quite understand now but hopefully "down the road" I will.

CP3 on the Tyson trade...

Quote:
On losing Tyson Chandler in a trade to the Thunder:
“I’m gonna miss him. I’m gonna miss him big-time. He was my “big-fella.” Everybody always talks about how much better I made him but he made me a much better player. He instilled so much confidence in me. Oklahoma City is getting a great player and an even better person.”

http://neworleanshornetsblog.blogspo...0-thunder.html

I've wondered on a few occasions what it would look like to see Wilcox on the receiving end of CP's alley-oops. I guess I shall now see.

Last edited by Copperhead : 02-18-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:58 AM   #7
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Tyson Chandler to the Oklahoma City Thunder, in a money-saving move, as Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith move on to the Hornets. And so it begins.

The first reaction to any trade that sends a once-studly 26-year old center away from a team with championship hopes usually would have you walking along the dark side of the street.

The NBA's financial landscape is changing, teams are going to have to trim payroll in anticipation of a luxury tax that is going to be lower than the dollar number initially feared, and some pretty good teams are going to lose good parts as a result.

But when you dig a little deeper, this might not be that bad a thing. The economic landscape and what it means for the NBA, yeah, that's a bad thing. Bad, bad thing. But for the Hornets, for this month and until June, this seems like a pretty good trade. And that's a pretty, pretty good thing to get out of a trade that was initially conceived to help them starting in July.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...n=nba,14205 5
Old 02-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
John Dough
Humbra

John Dough has an OK reputation so far

We have to wait and see what ends up happening in the off-season. Maybe we get someone better once we clear this cap-room. Who knows.

But yes, this season will be pretty much pointless now.
John Dough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Trade failed. Tyson didn't pass the physical.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
Copperhead
Local High School Star

A turn of events indeed.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #11
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Rejected!
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
KrispyKreme0
I hit open 5-footers

KrispyKreme0 has an OK reputation so far

SWEET! My prayers came true!!!

Now I can enjoy my donut and coffee in the morning
KrispyKreme0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: