Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #91
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Champions League Round of 16 - who you got?

Who's left now?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #92
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Who's left now?

Barcelona
Villareal
Man United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Bayern Munich
Porto

Wow the non-English contingent is WEAK. I mean Barca is the class of the world right now, but Bayern is hit or miss and Villa/Porto are all well below the English teams quality wise (well not Arsenal in Villareal's case).
I'd rank them:

1. Barcelona
2. Man United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Bayern Munich
6. Arsenal
7. Villareal
8. Porto

Arsenal ahead of Villa just because of how well English teams do in this tournament as of late.

Last edited by i seen hippos : 03-11-2009 at 06:09 PM.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #93
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean
Aston Villa, Manchester City, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur.

None of those teams would win Serie A especially Manchester fucking City.

EPL is top heavy. Just like Serie A.

A random game in La Liga >>>>> random game in the EPL
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #94
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks

None of those teams would win Serie A especially Manchester fucking City.

EPL is top heavy. Just like Serie A.

A random game in La Liga >>>>> random game in the EPL

Serie A is long dead. If Manchester City had a great coach, they would have the potential to be one of the most dominating teams in the world. Aston Villa have a great coach and are currently on the rise. Their defense has improved so much and they have great attacking threats in Agbonlahor, Barry and Young, a lot of their players could play on just about any team in the world.

True Tottenham and Everton are a far stretch but they would easily finish top 4 in serie A. There really is no great teams in Serie A. There are great players, but not teams.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #95
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Serie A is long dead. If Manchester City had a great coach, they would have the potential to be one of the most dominating teams in the world. Aston Villa have a great coach and are currently on the rise. Their defense has improved so much and they have great attacking threats in Agbonlahor, Barry and Young, a lot of their players could play on just about any team in the world.

True Tottenham and Everton are a far stretch but they would easily finish top 4 in serie A. There really is no great teams in Serie A. There are great players, but not teams.

Jesus, do you seriously think so? I mean, seriously?
Manchester City is an awful team, plain and simple. It has some very good players, but that's about it. No superstar wants to go there despite the insane deals the owners are offering, wonder why?
Aston Villa...I know nothing about them, but saying "a lot of their players could play on just about any team in the world" is, at least, very exaggerated.
Tottenham had a great coach in Juande Ramos, too bad the players didn't want him there. They lost too many important players and added weak replacements. Going nowhere, once again.
Everton is a team I like, but only due to Arteta and he has a long term injury. Anyway, they're not world-class material.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #96
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Jesus, do you seriously think so? I mean, seriously?
Manchester City is an awful team, plain and simple. It has some very good players, but that's about it. No superstar wants to go there despite the insane deals the owners are offering, wonder why?
Aston Villa...I know nothing about them, but saying "a lot of their players could play on just about any team in the world" is, at least, very exaggerated.
Tottenham had a great coach in Juande Ramos, too bad the players didn't want him there. They lost too many important players and added weak replacements. Going nowhere, once again.
Everton is a team I like, but only due to Arteta and he has a long term injury. Anyway, they're not world-class material.

All Manchester City needs is a great coach. They have a decent team and with a great coach they will start winning. This will attract more players to the club coupled with the insane contracts.

If you know nothing about Aston Villa then how can you think it's exaggerated? Any of the top four in the EPL would gladly take the three (and possibly 4) players that I previously mentioned. This applies for nearly every other big name club too, maybe not Barcelona.

Juande Ramos is not a great coach. He foolishly purachased bad players and was not cut out for EPL style of play.

I also didn't say anything about world-class material, I was talking about the fact that they would be top 4 in Serie A easily.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #97
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
All Manchester City needs is a great coach. They have a decent team and with a great coach they will start winning. This will attract more players to the club coupled with the insane contracts.

If you know nothing about Aston Villa then how can you think it's exaggerated? Any of the top four in the EPL would gladly take the three (and possibly 4) players that I previously mentioned. This applies for nearly every other big name club too, maybe not Barcelona.

Juande Ramos is not a great coach. He foolishly purachased bad players and was not cut out for EPL style of play.

I also didn't say anything about world-class material, I was talking about the fact that they would be top 4 in Serie A easily.

As you said, Manchester City has a decent team. Decent to sub-par, I'd add. And you know, teams which are only decent don't get to be "one of the most dominating teams in the world". Great coach or not.
I know nothing about Aston Villa as a team, but I do know who their top players are and I know they aren't anything out of the blue. Young is the best of the bunch and, as good as he is and will be, he's no big star. What you said doesn't apply for, at least, Barcelona, Valencia, Villareal (they could use Young, I guess),Sevilla, Inter, Milan (well I dunno because that team's roster, like Real Madrid's, is very messed up.)
Juande Ramos is a great coach who won national and international titles. You might be right that he isn't cut out for the EPL, and I don't know which players he purchased (he stated on spanish media he had almost no power of decision regarding purchases), but he is very good coach.
Top 4 in serie A? Easily? I beg to differ.

Last edited by Lebowsky : 03-11-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #98
Bean
Local High School Star

Quote:
I know nothing about Aston Villa as a team, but I do know who their top players are and I know they aren't anything out of the blue. Young is the best of the bunch and, as good as he is and will be, he's no star. What you said doesn't apply for, at least, Barcelona, Valencia, Villareal (they could use Young, I guess),Sevilla, Inter, Milan (well I dunno because that team's roster, like Real Madrid's, is very messed up.)
Juande Ramos is a great coach who won national and international titles. You might be right that he isn't cut out for the EPL, and I don't know which players he purchased (he stated on spanish media he had almost no power of decision regarding purchases), but he is very good coach.
Top 4 in serie A? Easily? I beg to differ.

Ashley Young will be an all-star some day. His pace and skill as a winger is so valued in soccer today. He has proved that he is not only a great playmaker but also an excellent scorer aswell. He takes free kicks and penalties too. He is a stud and will be one of the best players in the EPL if he keeps going. Agbonlahor will also be another stud. Power and ridiculous pace for a striker. These two will be leading the England national squad in a few years.

From what I have seen both Inter and Milan drastically need an attacking winger like Young and Milan are in dire need of a good stirker. David Villa will probably be sold as Valencia are finacially fu*ked.

That's neither here nor there of whether he wanted to purchase them or not, no one will ever really know, but as a manager he should be held accountable. Every player he bought has been sub-standard. The team he currently has now is also really bad, but I cant judge him as he did not put it together.

Top 4 in Serie is ridiculously weak. The rest of the league is pathetic. If Aston Villa and Everton are nearly breaking into the top 4 in the EPL then why do you not think they could do the same in a much weaker league?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #99
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Ashley Young will be an all-star some day. His pace and skill as a winger is so valued in soccer today. He has proved that he is not only a great playmaker but also an excellent scorer aswell. He takes free kicks and penalties too. He is a stud and will be one of the best players in the EPL if he keeps going. Agbonlahor will also be another stud. Power and ridiculous pace for a striker. These two will be leading the England national squad in a few years.

From what I have seen both Inter and Milan drastically need an attacking winger like Young and Milan are in dire need of a good stirker. David Villa will probably be sold as Valencia are finacially fu*ked.

That's neither here nor there of whether he wanted to purchase them or not, no one will ever really know, but as a manager he should be held accountable. Every player he bought has been sub-standard. The team he currently has now is also really bad, but I cant judge him as he did not put it together.

Top 4 in Serie is ridiculously weak. The rest of the league is pathetic. If Aston Villa and Everton are nearly breaking into the top 4 in the EPL then why do you not think they could do the same in a much weaker league?

You're right, the rumor is Villa has a secret agreement with Barcelona for next season. Valencia will have to shop half their team, the owner ****ed up big time.
And the only reason I think Aston villa and Everton wouldn't be top 4 in Serie A is because I think Inter, Milan, Juventus and Fiorentina are all better as of now.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #100
Bean
Local High School Star

Quote:
You're right, the rumor is Villa has a secret agreement with Barcelona for next season. Valencia will have to shop half their team, the owner ****ed up big time.
And the only reason I think Aston villa and Everton wouldn't be top 4 in Serie A is because I think Inter, Milan, Juventus and Fiorentina are all better as of now.

Haven't heard about that rumor but it could be true. I can see Valencia selling lots of their players this summer.

Well after seeing Inter today they looked really bad. They failed to break down Manchester in the second half and lacked any kind of penetrating attack. They failed to take their chances time and again. Milan? Well whats to say about them they aren't even in the champions league. Aston Villa and Everton have beaten the top 4 EPL teams, teams that are much better than top Serie A teams. It's not really that far fetched of a claim to say that either of those two teams would be able to break the top 4 in Serie A.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #101
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Haven't heard about that rumor but it could be true. I can see Valencia selling lots of their players this summer.

Well after seeing Inter today they looked really bad. They failed to break down Manchester in the second half and lacked any kind of penetrating attack. They failed to take their chances time and again. Milan? Well whats to say about them they aren't even in the champions league. Aston Villa and Everton have beaten the top 4 EPL teams, teams that are much better than top Serie A teams. It's not really that far fetched of a claim to say that either of those two teams would be able to break the top 4 in Serie A.

I think you got a bit carried away in your previous posts, but the way you're putting it into words now makes it sound much more reasonable.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #102
Bean
Local High School Star

Quote:
I think you got a bit carried away in your previous posts, but the way you're putting it into words now it sounds much more reasonable.

Maybe so with the Tottenham claims but I legitimately believe what I'm saying here. Not trying to knock Italian football but Serie A has gone so downhill after those match-fixing scandals.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #103
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Maybe so with the Tottenham claims but I legitimately believe what I'm saying here. Not trying to knock Italian football but Serie A has gone so downhill after those match-fixing scandals.

Yeah, and don't forget the doping scandals in the nineties. And the violence time and time again...
Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #104
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well at least my barca is still in it....tell me, this is off topic, but my cousin keeps telling me David Villa or C. Ronaldo will go to Real Madrid. True or not?
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #105
Bean
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah, and don't forget the doping scandals in the nineties. And the violence time and time again...

Yeah some of the violence has been crazy, but I think violence is a universal aspect of soccer unfortunately. Some of it in Poland has been nuts.

Don't get me wrong there have been some great Italian teams and players in the past, both Internationally and domestically, but lately the standard has been real low when compared to the other "elite" leagues.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: