Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation
Default Wells agrees to two-year deal with Rockets

HOW SEEET IT IS???!!!! I WAS BROWSING ESPN AND THIS CAME UP RIGHT WHEN I REFRESHED THE PAGE!!!

Wells agrees to two-year deal with Rockets

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2605639

Last edited by Hot Shot Rox : 09-28-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:10 AM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

yup... heres the article http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2605639 ... thats not a bad deal, they got him for basically nothing...Matt Bonner is getting paid 2 years $4 million...good job to the Rockets head office. Not a bad starting line up now...

Alston (though i really dont like him)
Wells
T-Mac (hopefully he can stay healthy)
Battier
Ming

thats a deadly lineup...now i guess people wont be all over them for trading away Gay and Swift for Battier
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:17 AM   #3
the_messiah
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the_messiah has an OK reputation so far
Default yeh baby!!

yeh baby, now we are a contender!! with a good starting lineup that has scoring, defence, experience and comradary, and now possibly a sensational sparkplug 6th man or a full-time starting foward (Battier - PF, Wells - SF ??), we are bound to contend for something, even in this ridiculously deep division
the_messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Boki4MVP
I airball my layups

Boki4MVP has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up team

ive been seriously dreamingggg of a team like this for the Rockets. im going to so many games this year now. i was so tired of just francis-mobley-yao or the tmac-wesley-yao. I just know we couldve never won a championship with those guys. now i lovee tmac-wells-battier-yao. pointless post, but come one, im sure all rockets fans feel this way.

Boki4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

2 yrs and 5 mill.. what a steal for houston.. even if he does only still around for a year. they are so deep on the perimeter!!

alston
wells/head/snyder/(sura?)
mcgrady/novak/jacobson
battier/howard/hayes
ming/mutumbo

who are the other houston point guards???
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
DreamRuled

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk

alston
wells/head/snyder/(sura?)
mcgrady/novak/jacobson
battier/howard/hayes
ming/mutumbo

who are the other houston point guards???

Luther will prolly play the point a little, same with V-Span, just depends on who JVG thinks can do a better job.

I'm thinking Howard will be the first guy off the bench no matter what, unless we need to take Rafer out. He goes in, everyone else slides down a spot. He can even spend a little time at Center vs. a lot of teams.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
j-rocket
I airball my layups

j-rocket has an OK reputation so far
Talking

j-rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You guys definitely deserve this...you guys had some rough seasons...good to see some sunlight shedding on this forum
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
JusBlaze
I brick open layups

JusBlaze has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You guys definitely deserve this...you guys had some rough seasons...good to see some sunlight shedding on this forum

A laker fan sympathizes with Rocket fans and actually seems as if he really cares?

Thanks man.

I guess pigs will start flying soon......
JusBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
vmdv12

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Bulls fan here!! Nice pick up by you guys. Now that the Rockets have Wells...would you guys have prefered to keep Gay instead of trading him for Battier??? Good luck this season.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #11
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
Bulls fan here!! Nice pick up by you guys. Now that the Rockets have Wells...would you guys have prefered to keep Gay instead of trading him for Battier??? Good luck this season.

No, we are desperatley in a win now situtation, and this summer we acquired key players for immidate help...ive loved our off season and CD deserves a lot of credit. LETS GOT ROX!
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #12
PFunk

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

the beauty of the trade for Battier and the signing of Wells is that both of these guys come from winning situations. Battier is like having another coach on the court which JVG will love, and Wells def will come out with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. The only thing is..is Rafer capable of speading the ball around enough to keep everyone happy...
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You guys got a steal and a deal! I think Wells will help this team a lot!

Nice job to Rockets' management to pull the trigger on this one.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: