Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 02-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #16
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Possible 3-team deal: Alston to Magic, Lowry to Rockets, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesiumais
No one runs the team better on the floor then Skip... Brooks is a scoring point guard. Lowry is Please do not let Luther handle the rock, that's a turnover waiting to happen
Yeah Kidd and Nash can't run a team like Alston.......
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alston has been on a tear the last few games compared to earlier in the season. The Magic really need a guy playing point, to pose a scoring threat so that opens up Dwight.

It's a great deal for the Magic.

I'm assuming Jameer is out for the season, or at least until June-ish. I haven't heard much news about him lately.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im sure morey knows what hes doing, he has done a great job so far...but going by what we know so far, i dont understand this trade at all. what does this do to help houston?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #19
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Yeah Kidd and Nash can't run a team like Alston.......

He said "the" team, not "their" team.

ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Finally time to move on from Rafer. I know it is not a popular move among Rockets fans but it is time we go in a different direction. We go everything we could from Rafer. This should be fun.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #21
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Alston to the Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artest 93
How do you know if Rafer played?

Look at the boxscore without looking at the names and...go down the list until you see something like...FG: 1-13, 2-10, 1-7, 2-9

Aaron Brooks deserve to start over him but this deal didn't help the Rockets

i think it will be a good deal for the rockets. brooks is clearly a more solid pg and more consistent

it is addition by subtraction for the rockets
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #22
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Finally time to move on from Rafer. I know it is not a popular move among Rockets fans but it is time we go in a different direction. We go everything we could from Rafer. This should be fun.

its made me MORE of a rockets fan now

i am jumping on the bandwagon!
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #23
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Horrible deal, doesn't even save money. Lowry's a bench player who can't hit 3's. Just atrocious unless there's something better to follow. Either way I'd rather have Orlando's pick than Lowry.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #24
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Horrible deal, doesn't even save money. Lowry's a bench player who can't hit 3's. Just atrocious unless there's something better to follow. If there is though I'd rather have Orlando's pick than Lowry.

I believe Rockets are putting faith on Aaron Brooks. This is very exciting.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #25
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:

If they utilize adelman's offense to it's full potential, houston would not necessarily need an outstanding point guard... move the ball around and take smart shots...

i believe in brooks and i am a fan but his ability as a floor general is questionable... its not all about apg... alston hoverd around 5apg struggled shooting but even with the headaches, he was a pretty good floor general for houston (struggles in the playoffs)...

this is alot of responsibility for young aaron brooks. if we had a healthy t-mac i would not be worried about it but basically we are looking in the playoffs where our point guard tandem is brooks and lowery... that VERY questionable...

i do trust our organization though...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kyle Lowry is a better point guard than Rafer Alston IMO.

Lowry is a pass first point guard, plays good defense, doesn't need to score in order to be effective. He's very underrated just didn't get consistent minutes in Memphis but when he did he played very well.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #27
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Yeah somewhat, but Brooks hasn't really been playing great lately.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
If they utilize adelman's offense to it's full potential, houston would not necessarily need an outstanding point guard... move the ball around and take smart shots...

i believe in brooks and i am a fan but his ability as a floor general is questionable... its not all about apg... alston hoverd around 5apg struggled shooting but even with the headaches, he was a pretty good floor general for houston (struggles in the playoffs)...

this is alot of responsibility for young aaron brooks. if we had a healthy t-mac i would not be worried about it but basically we are looking in the playoffs where our point guard tandem is brooks and lowery... that VERY questionable...

i do trust our organization though...

Rockets fans have been begging for a Rafer-less team for years. Well now they got their wish. I distinctly remember everyone saying they'd trade him for a bag of peanuts, yada, yada, yada. Well now most wish has come true and they are angry?!?!

These are the types of moves we need to take sometimes. I think they are ready to give the team to Brooks and see something in Lowry that we don't. Alston is a great floor general and all these other things, but his shooting has always hurt this team. Finally Brooks moves into the starting line up (where he has played well, although small sample).

I'm excited. I'm excited to see what happens with this team. Should be fun. I didn't have any hopes for this season after what went down in January so I'm happy for this trade. A good young one to come and fill in for backup. I trust Morey. He has made good trades and spotted good young talent in the past, and I will trust him once again.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #29
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How exciting. No seriously, this trade amazes me...
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #30
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

YES

skip skip skip on out of here!!

morey

Aaron Brooks is the FUTURE!
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: