Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 02-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #31
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Possible 3-team deal: Alston to Magic, Lowry to Rockets, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Is it just me, or this deal helps no one but Orlando?

Eh. I don't think Alston's contract was good, and he still has like 4 years on it, right?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #32
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Eh. I don't think Alston's contract was good, and he still has like 4 years on it, right?

Mathius
Says 2 years on ESPN.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
lolwut
I tip for good cervix.

lolwut has decent reputationlolwut has decent reputation

Overall I'm not too big on this move, but it does accomplish 2 things...

Cap space, and Aaron Brooks will get more minutes...I think the organization sees Brooks as the PG of the future here.
lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #34
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Kyle Lowry is the man. Steal for the Rockets.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Alston to the Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I have no idea why this trade was made. I don't think Brooks is ready for full time PG duties. I'm hoping there is another deal in the works. WEAK, if you ask me. Alston is no all-star but he runs the team better than Brooks.
Another deal?

When? This summer?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #36
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Personally I dont like Skip but this will help Orlando. Anthony Johnson tries but he wasnt going to cut it. You had to do something. They gave up nothing in this trade.
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #37
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Rafer will help Orlando stay in contention. He isn't the shooter that Nelson is, but he is better than the alternative.

Boston and Cleveland are both hoping it will be the other team that has to knock out Orlando in the playoffs.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #38
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

This better not happen, why would we let go of the guy that sets up our offense?
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #39
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
This better not happen, why would we let go of the guy that sets up our offense?

To get a new guy to set up your offense.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #40
vinny_rex
Can barely lace up my sneakers

vinny_rex has an OK reputation so far

This trade is probably better for the Magic than Rockets, maybe the Rockets have thrown in the towel on the season or maybe they know something we don't about Brooks or Lowry.
vinny_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #41
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Bad omen for Rockets fans. With McGrady hanging up his shoes this season (maybe), are they starting to dismantle?
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #42
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_rex
This trade is probably better for the Magic than Rockets, maybe the Rockets have thrown in the towel on the season or maybe they know something we don't about Brooks or Lowry.

Kyle Lowry is very good. Escape my homerism for Luther Head for second and I'll be real. Kyle Lowry is anti-Rafer. He doesn't have a great shot, but he's fantastic at penetrating and he's incredibly tough. I've seen him get slapped and mauled by big men trying to discourage him from driving but he'll go right back at it. He's a penetrate and dish guy more than a fancy pass player. He plays tough nose defense and he goes after offensive boards like a mad man. I've never seen him take a night off and he seems to be very efficient. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #43
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
To get a new guy to set up your offense.
Alston was doing it well though. I don't really see a reason for the Rockets to do this.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #44
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Alston was doing it well though. I don't really see a reason for the Rockets to do this.
tell me.. you actually like SKIP?????

as Rockets fans. we have 2 guys we desperately want out of the team

rafer and head.

I mean skip has his moments but I would rather give brooks more minutes.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #45
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Kyle Lowry is very good. Escape my homerism for Luther Head for second and I'll be real. Kyle Lowry is anti-Rafer. He doesn't have a great shot, but he's fantastic at penetrating and he's incredibly tough. I've seen him get slapped and mauled by big men trying to discourage him from driving but he'll go right back at it. He's a penetrate and dish guy more than a fancy pass player. He plays tough nose defense and he goes after offensive boards like a mad man. I've never seen him take a night off and he seems to be very efficient. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.
The bulldog will be a good fit in the Rockets, IMO. He had bad luck in his first season and after the injury he didn't get consistent minutes. But when he played, he did really well.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: