Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Andre Smith MIA at Combine.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3924699
This will drop his stock for sure.
Buffalobraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Andre Smith MIA at Combine.

Yep. He had a chance to be a top 3 pick and now he will have to do A LOT to just get back into the top 10. Right now his stock dropped to top 15 imo.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Will Beaty had an impressive showing. He is looking like a late first round pick.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Yep. He had a chance to be a top 3 pick and now he will have to do A LOT to just get back into the top 10. Right now his stock dropped to top 15 imo.
Yeah, even if he is the best tackle in the draft [which I think he is] he sounds like an idiot. Getting suspended for his bowl game and now this...
Old 02-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

He still has a pro-day in which he will be attending to prove himself. If missing the combine drops his stock by 10 picks, that's just terrible and evidence that teams put too much emphasis on the combine.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He still has a pro-day in which he will be attending to prove himself. If missing the combine drops his stock by 10 picks, that's just terrible and evidence that teams put too much emphasis on the combine.
Its not missing the combine that is dropping him. Its the way he left and the whole situation.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Its not about how he did at the combine here its that he didn't even do anything. He said he would be there and he didn't even show up which showed his character.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Speaking of the combine, how was everything? I have to miss it because my cable doesn't carry the NFL network.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
Speaking of the combine, how was everything? I have to miss it because my cable doesn't carry the NFL network.
Here are the numbers from today.http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm sure teams drafting in the middle of the first are happy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

This tells me very little of his character. So he failed to communicate his intentions, so what? He said that he took care of everything he needed to take care of while in Indy, and he cut things short to train for his pro day.

Now, it's not like he skipped off to take a vacation. He went back to TRAIN for his PRO DAY. That telle me something about his character - he's dedicated and did what he felt was best. Can't fault him 10 draft spots because of this.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves

They found the new Vernon Davis/Dustin Keller of TE's today
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
This tells me very little of his character. So he failed to communicate his intentions, so what? He said that he took care of everything he needed to take care of while in Indy, and he cut things short to train for his pro day.

Now, it's not like he skipped off to take a vacation. He went back to TRAIN for his PRO DAY. That telle me something about his character - he's dedicated and did what he felt was best. Can't fault him 10 draft spots because of this.
Im not saying 10 draft spots. He should have went through with it because he said he was going to do it. I like a man who sticks with what he says he will do.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I said I was going to wash the dishes today but I didn't. I said I'd shave yesterday but I have yet to do so.

I guess my character takes a hit. Oh well.

Quote:
They found the new Vernon Davis/Dustin Keller of TE's today

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38/40 and had a 42 inch vertical with a 10 8" broad jump and 33 reps on the bench press.

This guy Cook ran a 4.5/40, had a 41 inch vertical and 10 3' broad jump with only 23 reps on the bench.

Cook is not the new Vernon Davis.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Check it out...

Quote:
Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:16 pm EST

Alabama's Andre Smith plummeting
By Jason Cole

INDIANAPOLIS - Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith continued to tumble in the eyes of NFL coaches and executives when he couldn't be located Saturday morning to participate in the workouts for linemen.

That follows the bad reviews Smith got from coaches from Alabama and the perception that he did a poor job of interviewing with the media and teams. Smith turned off several coaches when he told them he wasn't participating in the workout because he started training late.

"The kid is killing himself," a source close to Smith said. "He basically told the NFL people he's lazy. This is incredible. ... It doesn't matter if you're ready or not. You at least show up at the workouts and watch."

Some draft analysts had projected Smith, a junior, as a possible No. 1 overall pick in April. Concerns about his character started to surface in a serious way when Alabama head coach Nick Saban kicked him off the team before the Sugar Bowl.

Smith was rumored to be involved with the representative of an agent before the game, a violation of NCAA and NFL Players Association rules. When Alabama turned the issue over to a lawyer who is on retainer with the school to investigate possible violations, Smith initially turned over his bank records but then refused to turn over his phone records, according to two sources.

Saban deemed that a violation of team rules and dismissed Smith, who then turned pro after the bowl game. NFL coaches have been in contact with Alabama officials since then and have not heard good reports on Smith's character, a source said.

Despite so much time off, Smith has gotten out of shape in the view of NFL types.

As one scout put it Friday: "Just another guy who doesn't get it."

According to Smith's agent, Alvin Keels, Smith subsequently flew to Atlanta on Saturday for a workout with a private trainer and is not expected back in Indianapolis.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: