Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Marion Already "Pissed Off"

Quote:
Shawn Marion has played just two games as a member of the Raptors, but he is already showing frustration with a perceived lack of intensity from his teammates.

"Yeah, I'm pissed off," he said. "Hell, yeah, I want everybody pissed off."

Marion was especially upset after the team's lackadaisical 30-point loss to the Knicks on Friday night.

"The mood (yesterday) was to come here and get some work done," said Marion. "Everybody was kind of pissed off, nobody likes losing by 30 points, I don't care who you are.

"If you have any kind of pride or any kind of integrity, you don't like losing by that many points. We have to come in here (Sunday afternoon against the Knicks again) and be ready to fight like cats and dogs."

http://www.thestar.com/article/591314

EDIT: RAPS SHOPPING?

Quote:
The Raptors may not be done dealing.

Before acquiring 7-footer Patrick O'Bryant from the Boston Celtics, they had conducted, according to sources, workouts in Toronto with NBA veterans Antoine Walker and Pops Mensah-Bonsu, a couple of free agent big men who might have joined the team.

And even though they addressed the need for size with the addition of O'Bryant, there still is a chance they could add a veteran big man, or even a veteran shooting guard, before the end of the regular season.

Walker, 32, played last season in Minnesota but has been idle this year. Mensah-Bonsu had a brief 2007 fling with the Dallas Mavericks and has been in the D League this year.

If the Raptors hadn't acquired O'Bryant at the deadline, they were going to waive Will Solomon and add one of those big men, according to sources.

Last edited by Toni : 02-22-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation
Default Re: Marion Already "Pissed Off"

good, at least someone is.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Please God let us re-up Marion in the offseason without completely destroying our ability to make more moves. That's exactly the kind of attitude that we need on this team and aren't getting from our "franchise" player.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Please God let us re-up Marion in the offseason without completely destroying our ability to make more moves. That's exactly the kind of attitude that we need on this team and aren't getting from our "franchise" player.

Why does it feel to me that Marion is better than Bosh? As much as I want to like Bosh and embrace him as a franchise player, Marion just seems better.

He's more athletic, faster, better rebounder, better ballhandler. Bosh just has a better shot. We really need to re-sign this guy. 4 Year, 40 Million contract seems acceptable for a guy with his skills. He just recently said in a CBC interview that he wants to retire a Raptor.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

The guy that has been here for 2 games and he's already speaking out and calling out the team. What happened to the other players on the team??? Why arent they speaking out as well???

Oh and LOL, the raptors are looking for antoine walker???? NICE
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Why does it feel to me that Marion is better than Bosh? As much as I want to like Bosh and embrace him as a franchise player, Marion just seems better.

He's more athletic, faster, better rebounder, better ballhandler. Bosh just has a better shot. We really need to re-sign this guy. 4 Year, 40 Million contract seems acceptable for a guy with his skills. He just recently said in a CBC interview that he wants to retire a Raptor.
Are there really Raptors fans that think Shawn Marion is better than Chris Bosh? That's hilarious! I don't know if it's a case of extremely underrating Chris Bosh, extremely overrating Shawn Marion or a little bit of both. Throughout his career, Shawn Marion has been a 3rd option that's being paid the salary of a 1st option. Marion is not a franchise guy but has always felt like he should be treated as one. He's a great defender and rebounder, and he can throw it down with the best of them, but those aren't "franchise" skills. He's not even close to being a player of Bosh's calibur and he never will be.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni

I wouln't go so far as to say that Marion is better than Bosh (especially at his age) but I'll admit so far I like him better, especially given the fact that his uggly @$$ shot pretty much forces him to go inside with the stubornness that this team needs. And ya I loved his attitude in the halftime interview about how if you're going to lace up the sneakers you might aswell go full steam and not play so lazy as our team has a propensity to do. I'd prefer 3 years 30 mill but I wouldn't oppose a 4th year even though I'd hesitate to given the dropoff that Parker has shown at the age of 34.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Are there really Raptors fans that think Shawn Marion is better than Chris Bosh? That's hilarious! I don't know if it's a case of extremely underrating Chris Bosh, extremely overrating Shawn Marion or a little bit of both. Throughout his career, Shawn Marion has been a 3rd option that's being paid the salary of a 1st option. Marion is not a franchise guy but has always felt like he should be treated as one. He's a great defender and rebounder, and he can throw it down with the best of them, but those aren't "franchise" skills. He's not even close to being a player of Bosh's calibur and he never will be.

I said he 'seems' better. Meaning he drives and cuts consistently and looks wickid on our team because not one player knows how to do that for some reason. He looks a lot more solid putting up 15/15 numbers and driving consistently than Bosh throwing up jumpers all game when he's our starting PF.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Marion > Bosh is not an arguement, Bosh is better than Marion today and will be better in the future. As for the topic, Marion had the rights to be pissed, or anyone in the Raps actually, loosing by 30 is no excuse, and Marion was not joking around he wanted a win today and he got it.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo

Oh and LOL, the raptors are looking for antoine walker???? NICE

From Smith's Live Game Blog today:

"He and Pops Mensah-Bonsu were here last week to work out, one of them would be a Ratpor today if they hadn't made the trade. But he's only on a list of possibilities now"
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Marion > Bosh is not an arguement, Bosh is better than Marion today and will be better in the future.

I don't get it. Marion is better than Bosh, but Bosh is better than Marion today and will be better in the future?

AGAIN, I did not say Marion IS better than Bosh. I said the way he plays on this team he seems like the better player. Since he is the only one who routinely cuts and drives to the basket, it looks a lot better than Bosh throwing up jumpers. Yes, Bosh is better than Marion and has been slowed by his knee injury, but Marion is looking like the best Raptor the past few games with his style of play. Let's get back to the topic please. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #12
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
From Smith's Live Game Blog today:

"He and Pops Mensah-Bonsu were here last week to work out, one of them would be a Ratpor today if they hadn't made the trade. But he's only on a list of possibilities now"

Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Who's next? Rodman? Kemp?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #14
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

mensah-bonsu is a FREAK of nature, but has NO basketball IQ whatsoever

but i'd still prefer him over walker who is WELL past his expiration date

and THANK GOD marion said something in the press to fire the team up
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Walker would be the solution for a decent wing player who can create, he use to be a great player couple of years ago he just hasn't seem to find a good team to be on but other than that if we can get him for cheap it would be alright ..... it's better to have good players on the bench rather than a bunch of scrubs like we have on our bench ....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: