Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 80's "Metal" Is Good.

Skid Row - 18 And Life

Feel free to add some of your own favorite awesome glam/hair metal songs from the 80's.

On a semi-related note, Sebastian Bach in the late 80's makes a better looking white girl than quite a few I've slayed. I dunno how that makes me feel.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 80's "Metal" Is Good.

i f*ckin hate 80's hair metal, now 80's thrash metal is another story.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Skid Row - 18 And Life

Feel free to add some of your own favorite awesome glam/hair metal songs from the 80's.

On a semi-related note, Sebastian Bach in the late 80's makes a better looking white girl than quite a few I've slayed. I dunno how that makes me feel.

Well, judging from the fact you start a thread praising some of the gayest music ever I think it leaves you but one choice.

To go on the next Rock of Love and try to fuck Bret Michaels. Or you could just phone Sebastian Bach, I'm sure he's got time to hang out, other than a three episode arc on Trailer Park Boys (which I guarantee was pro-bono) I don't think he has had much work since '91.

You've got a hard-on for no talent, anorexic, make-up, spandex wearing 80's douche rockers.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Whitesnake.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I admit there was a time when 18 to Life was on my ipod. Not a bad song. It's hair metal no doubt, but it's not really one of those cheesy ballad type songs. It has some muscle to it.

I get the title though. Most fools assume 80's metal is hair metal and nothing else.

On another note, my song of the day....from '96.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkFpwprABhQ

Metal with real balls.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Despite the awful glam/hair bands that you seem to like, the 80's is underrated as far as rock goes.

Van Halen
AC/DC
Guns N' Roses
Rush
Motorhead
Metallica
Megadeath

All released albums throughout the 1980's.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i dont care what anyone says motley crue was sick

dr.feelgood their best song
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When I was in elementary school I liked almost all of it...

mostely Guns and Roses and Motley Crue though...

but yeah, at that time everyone liked it...

and obviously it is easy it look back at that stuff now and realize that the vast majority of it is complete cheeze ball crap but that is no different then any "pop" crap from any decade I think...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
When I was in elementary school I liked almost all of it...

mostely Guns and Roses and Motley Crue though...

but yeah, at that time everyone liked it...

and obviously it is easy it look back at that stuff now and realize that the vast majority of it is complete cheeze ball crap but that is no different then any "pop" crap from any decade I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UVTdnzujWg

Some people knew all along. From '89. Nirvana's idols.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BALLADS!!!!!!!!

GOAT BALLAD: MR. BIG - TO BE WITH YOU!!!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
BALLADS!!!!!!!!

GOAT BALLAD: MR. BIG - TO BE WITH YOU!!!
Home Sweet Home = GOAT Ballad

but anyone remember "Slaughter"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec2k5rw5V2I

dude can hit a crazy pitch with his voice...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I admit there was a time when 18 to Life was on my ipod. Not a bad song. It's hair metal no doubt, but it's not really one of those cheesy ballad type songs. It has some muscle to it.

"I Remember You" by Skid Row was definitely one of those cheesy ballad songs though.

If I had really meant 80's metal, I woulda just directed everyone to South Of Heaven/Reign In Blood, and Ride The Lightning/Master Of Puppets. By far and away some of the best material to come out of the 80's.

In the vein of this thread though, I'll post some more awesome ****.

Judas Priest - Breakin The Law

Judas Priest - Turbolover Despite being over 20 years since the song/video was released, I still have no ****ing clue of a single thing that's going on in the video.

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

David Lee Roth - Just A Gigolo/Aint Got Nobody
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Breaking the Law is the seminal Priest song.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Breaking the Law is the seminal Priest song.

Great album too. Gotta love "Livin after midnight."
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Home Sweet Home = GOAT Ballad

but anyone remember "Slaughter"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec2k5rw5V2I

dude can hit a crazy pitch with his voice...

Home Sweet Home is hack.

High Enough by Damn Yankees is the second best 80's ballad: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...igh-enough_fun

NUGE
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: