Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board
Default How cheap is it to go to Iceland these days???

I don't know if you guys know this, but the entire country of Iceland is bankrupt, and honestly no joke in England there was about a week after a bunch of major Icelandic investors and a big Icelandic bank went bankrupt, the nation and Gordon Brown were talking about going into "economic war" with Iceland and blockading the whole thing. The Icelandic guy at my student halls had to go home because his money is worth nothing anymore so he couldn't afford to live here. Iceland's got some good alchohol and nice hot springs I heard, I am wondering if anyone has been there recently and knows how cheap it is?

I'm thinking it might be as cheap as going to a 3rd world country, but it has the infrastructure of a rich western nation.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How cheap is it to go to Iceland these days???

If you're willing to pay for the airfare back home, you can do a 21-night back to back cruise leaving out of Florida that visits Spain, England, Russia, Norway, Iceland and a few other countries in Northern Europe. The cruise alone will set you back about $800-$1000 but that's all inclusive.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Back In Shape has not been impressing people

With cash in hand, you could probably live like a king. Are Icelandic women hot? With the lack of employment there, you could probably have fresh faced, low mile prostitutes every night of the week if you couldn't score at the clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
I don't know if you guys know this, but the entire country of Iceland is bankrupt, and honestly no joke in England there was about a week after a bunch of major Icelandic investors and a big Icelandic bank went bankrupt, the nation and Gordon Brown were talking about going into "economic war" with Iceland and blockading the whole thing.

They need to dust off Björk and send her on an Aid For Iceland tour.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

$50 one way
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: