Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Michael Vick Released from Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
How are we punishing him? With jokes?

Huh?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #17
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Sounds like the mind of a sadistic person. If he would have been electrocuting cats in his back yard, nothing would have happened?

You southerners are backwards.

Me? Sadistic? No, I own 3 cats and I'm against abuse of animals. Its sickening what he did to the dogs. But lets be honest, if he had been found fighting any animal other than a dog, no matter how unusual, no one would care, except for the fact that hes Mike Vick, and he wouldn't have had his life ruined.
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
Me? Sadistic? No, I own 3 cats and I'm against abuse of animals. Its sickening what he did to the dogs. But lets be honest, if he had been found fighting any animal other than a dog, no matter how unusual, no one would care, except for the fact that hes Mike Vick, and he wouldn't have had his life ruined.
What other animal would he have been fighting? Also, what other animals would he have been torturing and killing via hanging and electrocution?

I think of people who are in jail for 20+ years for non-violent drug offenses as those that should be pitied... Not this scumbag.

Do you know these dog fighters are known for picking up stray dogs and even people's pets and using them for 'practice' against their killer pitbulls? Of course, they have to tape the mouths shut of their sparing partners so that no damage can be done to their prize fighters.

These people are lowlifes and I have NO pity for them. Vick's consequences weren't enough, imo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #19
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #20
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #21
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote:
What other animal would he have been fighting? Also, what other animals would he have been torturing and killing via hanging and electrocution?

I think of people who are in jail for 20+ years for non-violent drug offenses as those that should be pitied... Not this scumbag.

Do you know these dog fighters are known for picking up stray dogs and even people's pets and using them for 'practice' against their killer pitbulls? Of course, they have to tape the mouths shut of their sparing partners so that no damage can be done to their prize fighters.

These people are lowlifes and I have NO pity for them. Vick's consequences weren't enough, imo.
Yeah, a lot of people are making excuses for this guy simply because his victims aren’t human. If they weren’t so self absorbed, they’d realize that humans aren’t the endallbeall of the world, and that other animals deserve some respect as well. Mindlessly killing animals for some sick kick is inexcusable. You know it’d be funny if a few hundred thousand years from now, Dogs developed our kind of intelligence, and mauled the **** out of everyone.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #22
-primetime-

I think what he did was horrible, but some take it a bit too far IMO...

I have heard long time Dallas Cowboy fans say they would no longer be fans if Mike Vick came on as Romo's backup QB...

yet they had no problem with Pacman, who looks to be responsible for human deaths...

and they woud love it if Ray Lewis came to Dallas...
Old 02-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #23
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
Yeah, a lot of people are making excuses for this guy simply because his victims aren’t human. If they weren’t so self absorbed, they’d realize that humans aren’t the endallbeall of the world, and that other animals deserve some respect as well. Mindlessly killing animals for some sick kick is inexcusable. You know it’d be funny if a few hundred thousand years from now, Dogs developed our kind of intelligence, and mauled the **** out of everyone.

Shut up you PETA weenie. Don't even try to equate dogs with human status. They kill animals for fun, lick their balls, and sniff each other's butts. If they tasted good, they'd basically be a pig. What Vick did was cruel but dogs are dogs, stop with the werewolf fantasies.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #24
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

I hope Carolina signs him to play QB, **** Jake Delhomme.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Shape
Shut up you PETA weenie. Don't even try to equate dogs with human status. They kill animals for fun, lick their balls, and sniff each other's butts. If they tasted good, they'd basically be a pig. What Vick did was cruel but dogs are dogs, stop with the werewolf fantasies.
So, you are of the mindset that humans are so vastly superior to every other animal on the planet that we have earned the right to rule them with an iron fist? What makes the human race so great? Our destruction of the environment? Using our intelligence to create doomsday weapons? Genocides all over the world? Plundering of natural resources? Destruction of irreplaceable forests?

Dogs are far more noble creatures than 99.9-percent of humans. I also find the vilification of PETA somewhat amusing. They may take things too far just to make headlines, but these are people that devote their lives to the protection of those that are unable to protect themselves.

There is a lot of unwarranted hate in this country for an organization that, at its core, serves a very noble cause.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #26
-primetime-

Quote:
So, you are of the mindset that humans are so vastly superior to every other animal on the planet that we have earned the right to rule them with an iron fist? What makes the human race so great? Our destruction of the environment? Using our intelligence to create doomsday weapons? Genocides all over the world? Plundering of natural resources? Destruction of irreplaceable forests?

Dogs are far more noble creatures than 99.9-percent of humans. I also find the vilification of PETA somewhat amusing. They may take things too far just to make headlines, but these are people that devote their lives to the protection of those that are unable to protect themselves.

There is a lot of unwarranted hate in this country for an organization that, at its core, serves a very noble cause.
we have "choice"...
Old 02-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #27
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Quote:
So, you are of the mindset that humans are so vastly superior to every other animal on the planet that we have earned the right to rule them with an iron fist?

Pretty much. Yep.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
-primetime-

"I am the reason that humans are supierior to other animals"
Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #29
dware94
Banned

hes a piece of shit
dware94 is offline   Reply With Quote