Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #151
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Indy absolutely stole the game in Minny. Gay.

Indy stole a lot of games last year. Minny, Houston, SD.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #152
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

the eagles have alot of work to do..... they better not miss a beat here in the offseason because they are behind schedule...

they signed a replacement for dawk and that was their first good move...

now they need a rb, a Wr, a TE, and an O lineman (tackle or move Shawn Andrews and bring in a guard)

people are getting tired of Jeff Lurie talking about the 'gold standard' and all this other BS... these dudes aint won sh*t yet and we 10 years into it...

they do a good job with their philosophy... but their philosophy has some flaws in it and they havent been willing to correct those flaws and go on to win a championship...

time is almost up
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #153
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._Eagles.ht ml
Quote:
One of the mysteries of free agency thus far is that the Eagles haven't done anything to address their fullback situation.

That mystery might be getting closer to being solved.

Harold Lewis, agent for ex-Seattle free-agent fullback Leonard Weaver, confirmed last night that he is talking to the Birds about a deal for his client.

"We're still in talks with the Eagles, and with a few other teams," Lewis said. "Hopefully, we're going to get something done [in Philadelphia], but it would be premature to tell you that."

Weaver, 26, might be too good to be true, from the perspective of fans who have long hungered for a power running option. He's a fullback who can actually carry the ball here and there - 30 times for 130 yards last season, while catching 20 passes for 222 yards. At 6-0, 242, he has played fullback and halfback in an offense very similar to what the Eagles run.

I wasn't aware that Weaver was so young. Get this deal done.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #154
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've got the Weaver fever.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #155
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

The Eagles should re-hire the guy that posted that FB status.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #156
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
The Eagles should re-hire the guy that posted that FB status.
lol...y?

you try bad mouthing your employer on facebook and ask them for a job back.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #157
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
lol...y?

you try bad mouthing your employer on facebook and ask them for a job back.

Idk I thought it would be nice lol. What was his job anyway? Lord knows I need one.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #158
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Idk I thought it would be nice lol. What was his job anyway? Lord knows I need one.
I think he collected tickets or something along those lines. It's sad because he's handicapped and obviously a huge fan of the team that was caught in the heat of the moment. Regardless what he did was retarded and any big time company would fire you for that.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #159
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

Quote:
I think he collected tickets or something along those lines. It's sad because he's handicapped and obviously a huge fan of the team that was caught in the heat of the moment. Regardless what he did was retarded and any big time company would fire you for that.

I didn't know that, it is sad but you're right though.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #160
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

you are right..... but the Eagles could stand to be a little more human on issues such as these..

firing some special needs guy for criticizing their moves is text book petty pencil neck move by the robots in the Eagles front office...

they worry about the wrong things....

Win a super bowl and you wont have to worry a damn thing for years.....
Old 03-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #161
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
you are right..... but the Eagles could stand to be a little more human on issues such as these..

firing some special needs guy for criticizing their moves is text book petty pencil neck move by the robots in the Eagles front office...

they worry about the wrong things....

Win a super bowl and you wont have to worry a damn thing for years.....
I still think they should have fired him via facebook.

They're going to win a championship within the next 3 years. Each year we have a realistic shot at winning. Not many teams can say that besides NE, Pit, Ind, and us.

Since Reid/Lurie regime we have more regular season wins than every team besides NE and Ind and we're right behind them. I think they deserve some credit.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #162
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I still think they should have fired him via facebook.

They're going to win a championship within the next 3 years. Each year we have a realistic shot at winning. Not many teams can say that besides NE, Pit, Ind, and us.

Since Reid/Lurie regime we have more regular season wins than every team besides NE and Ind and we're right behind them. I think they deserve some credit.

dgmw ...... they are a very competent group of guys, and they deserve credit for putting together a team that has a legitimate shot to win each year..like I said, I respect their philosophy of football overall, but they need to tweek the formula and make it work... they act like they already have a few lombardis in the case and that they are above reproach...

it isnt true

Yes they are a contender... the problem is that they have been a contender since 2001.... its time to actually win one..

their ego is the size of the patriots ego, only they arent the patriots and they dont have sh*t to show for all the winning they have done over the years.... they have received credit for being a good sometimes great team... but its time to finish the job now... No more excuses for these guys... Colts, Steelers, Patriots have all won titles... Eagles havent done it yet

win a title
Old 03-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #163
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
dgmw ...... they are a very competent group of guys, and they deserve credit for putting together a team that has a legitimate shot to win each year..like I said, I respect their philosophy of football overall, but they need to tweek the formula and make it work... they act like they already have a few lombardis in the case and that they are above reproach...

it isnt true

Yes they are a contender... the problem is that they have been a contender since 2001.... its time to actually win one..

their ego is the size of the patriots ego, only they arent the patriots and they dont have sh*t to show for all the winning they have done over the years.... they have received credit for being a good sometimes great team... but its time to finish the job now... No more excuses for these guys

win a title
they've put the team in a position to win more than one super bowl. the reason they are able to remain competitive has a lot to do with how well they manage the cap. over spending on free agents isn't how good teams get better.

the front office although not perfect is damn good. in my estimation as good as any FO in the league. it's time for the players and coaches to be held accountable not the FO.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #164
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
they've put the team in a position to win more than one super bowl. the reason they are able to remain competitive has a lot to do with how well they manage the cap. over spending on free agents isn't how good teams get better.

the front office although not perfect is damn good. in my estimation as good as any FO in the league. it's time for the players and coaches to be held accountable not the FO.

I disagree.. I think the front office needs to solidify some of the weaknesses at Rb, Wr, TE, and stop being soo rigid with the 'over 30' thing.. and actually put the team in a position where it is the favorite....

I give them credit for 2004... but other than that, they never complete the job..

McNabb has done all he can... he usually carries the whole offense(either him or Westbrook, whoever is more healthy)... those 2 need more help...

a real #1 receiver..... Jackson is nice, but he isnt a 1 quite yet....

A tight end would great... a security blanket for donovan to throw to any time he gets in trouble...

andy reid need to be more balanced in his playcalling.....

they got alot to do...... they are pretty close, but they arent done and nothing matters unless they actually complete the job
Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #165
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
I disagree.. I think the front office needs to solidify some of the weaknesses at Rb, Wr, TE, and stop being soo rigid with the 'over 30' thing.. and actually put the team in a position where it is the favorite....

I give them credit for 2004... but other than that, they never complete the job..

McNabb has done all he can... he usually carries the whole offense(either him or Westbrook, whoever is more healthy)... those 2 need more help...

a real #1 receiver..... Jackson is nice, but he isnt a 1 quite yet....

A tight end would great... a security blanket for donovan to throw to any time he gets in trouble...

andy reid need to be more balanced in his playcalling.....

they got alot to do...... they are pretty close, but they arent done and nothing matters unless they actually complete the job
thats why they have 12 picks in the upcoming draft and 4 picks in the top 100. they obviously plan on addressing those positions. WR isn't necessarily a weakness either. they can win a Superbowl with their current group of WR's. would i like to see an upgrade at the position? sure, but they can still compete with the current group. i'm definitely in favor of us drafting a wr in the first round or maybe early second round if someone falls to them. acquiring someone like boldin or chad johnson would be a terrible move on the other hand. not only would you have to over compensate by giving up at minimum a 1st and 3rd round pick but you'd also have to guarantee over 20 million to a player with injury/character issues that's over 30.

yes andy reid needs to do a better job, everyone can stand to do a better job. westbrook could have done a better job in the playoffs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: