Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #496
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Leadership isn't overrated. Every winning locker-room has had guys at the top of the org. and at key positions (head coach, quarterback, middle linebacker) that were born leaders.

Winning breads something - confidence - but it doesn't make non-leaders turn into leaders. Tom Brady is a leader wherever he goes. Peyton Manning is a leader wherever he goes. Ray Lewis was a born leader, it doesn't matter if he came into the league on a 0-16 team, he'd still be a great leader.
The Eagles draft high character players for a reason. Leadership has never been an issue with the team under Reid/Heckert regime. I agree that leadership isn't overrated I phrased that incorrectly. My point was that others will step up in place of him.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #497
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

*4 undrafted free agents added

Reshard Langford - Safety - Vanderbilt
Josh Gaines - Defensive End - Penn State
Brandon Robinson - Wide Receiver - Boston College
Marcus Thigpen - Running Back - Indiana
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #498
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blah at those 4.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #499
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We have so few open roster spots.

I've been reading a lot about Maclin and I'm really warming up to him big time. He looks like he's going to make an impact immediately and can develop into a real playmaker.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #500
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seattle Seahawks remove franchise tag from OLB Leroy Hill because they couldnt get a long term deal done. I wonder where he ends up.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #501
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Pettigrew, Vontae Davis...that is who the Eagles would have taken in order had Maclin not fell so far that they decided to trade up before another team did. Pettigrew was taken before the Eagles which means today we could be talkin about Vontae Davis.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #502
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Pettigrew, Vontae Davis...that is who the Eagles would have taken in order had Maclin not fell so far that they decided to trade up before another team did. Pettigrew was taken before the Eagles which means today we could be talkin about Vontae Davis.
Well even more reason I'm happy we nabbed Maclin.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #503
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Yup. Really cant be mad and if i was asked "Maclin, Pettigrew or V.Davis?" I'm screaming Maclin without hesitation.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #504
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yup. Really cant be mad and if i was asked "Maclin, Pettigrew or V.Davis?" I'm screaming Maclin without hesitation.

Just curious. Why? Davis is probably the best corner in the draft. Maclin will have an impact but he wont be a number 1 option guy for Philly. Just my opinion, but you know, I'm not qualified to talk about The Eagles.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #505
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Just curious. Why? Davis is probably the best corner in the draft. Maclin will have an impact but he wont be a number 1 option guy for Philly. Just my opinion, but you know, I'm not qualified to talk about The Eagles.
Just give it up man. You really are obnoxious.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #506
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Just give it up man. You really are obnoxious.

Lol, huh? How is that? I'm asking a serious question. He says he'd excitedly choose one guy over the other two. I'm figuring you guys know these players well, so I just want to know why he'd choose Maclin over Davis with no reservation. Wow, that cut me real deep man.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #507
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Lol, huh? How is that? I'm asking a serious question. He says he'd excitedly choose one guy over the other two. I'm figuring you guys know these players well, so I just want to know why he'd choose Maclin over Davis with no reservation. Wow, that cut me real deep man.
Maybe because the Eagles have a lot of depth at corner. Perhaps since you're such a huge fan you'd know that their secondary is one of the strengths of the defense. Not to mention Maclin was a projected top 10 pick who had great value at pick 19. The Eagles took the best player available and in turn made their QB very happy and added a player maker to their offense, an instant impact player. With Davis he'd be your dime corner at most and would take time to develop, etc.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #508
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Darius Butler and Malcom Jenkins will take a huge dump on Davis.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #509
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

18 of 32 teams had Maclin rated as the #1 WR in the draft.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9501382?GT1=39002

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-27-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #510
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Maybe because the Eagles have a lot of depth at corner. Perhaps since you're such a huge fan you'd know that their secondary is one of the strengths of the defense. Not to mention Maclin was a projected top 10 pick who had great value at pick 19. The Eagles took the best player available and in turn made their QB very happy and added a player maker to their offense, an instant impact player. With Davis he'd be your dime corner at most and would take time to develop, etc.

Dang, what's up with all that? When did I pee in your lemonade? I understand that Maclin was the best projected player available. Just think the same will apply to Maclin almost as much as you're saying for Davis. Maybe not the Dime but definately a slot reciever for now. Also, I'd rather them had packaged the pick with other pieces to go get Boldin. And the secondary was a strength before the departures. Now you're just hoping and wishing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: