Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #526
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

It takes 2 - 3 years to truly evaluate a draft... but this looks like a pretty good draft for the Eagles...

Not how I saw it going down, but looks like they made some shrewd good moves...

good work here
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #527
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
It takes 2 - 3 years to truly evaluate a draft... but this looks like a pretty good draft for the Eagles...

Not how I saw it going down, but looks like they made some shrewd good moves...

good work here
I've got something for you...

stay put.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #528
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"There's more to life than money. This is more than enough to take care of my family. I'm with an Organization where I'm treated farily, where I enjoy going to work every day, and I have a chance to win every week."

-Sheldon Brown

After signing a contract extension with the Eagles and becoming one of the highest paid young corners in the league although being relatively unproven at this point.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #529
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
"There's more to life than money. This is more than enough to take care of my family. I'm with an Organization where I'm treated farily, where I enjoy going to work every day, and I have a chance to win every week."

-Sheldon Brown

After signing a contract extension with the Eagles and becoming one of the highest paid young corners in the league although being relatively unproven at this point.

Im sure he was beaming the day he signed the deal.... But he aint saying that today...

Matter of fact his complaint is that the Eagles bully their young players into signing those long term deals and if the player doesnt, the eagles sit them ... Michael Lewis lost his job to Sean Considine after he turned down an offer.. Omar Gaither also lost his job to Akeem Jordan when he turned down an offer....

the product on the field suffers when they do things like that

that is not how good teams do business

But really, Im just gonna give the Eagles props for a good draft today and hope they iron out their drama and make sure they avoid anymore....
Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #530
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Im sure he was beaming the day he signed the deal.... But he aint saying that today...

Matter of fact his complaint is that the Eagles bully their young players into signing those long term deals and if the player doesnt, the eagles sit them ... Michael Lewis lost his job to Sean Considine after he turned down an offer.. Omar Gaither also lost his job to Akeem Jordan when he turned down an offer....

the product on the field suffers when they do things like that

that is not how good teams do business

But really, Im just gonna give the Eagles props for a good draft today and hope they iron out their drama and make sure they avoid anymore....
Rasheed you honestly believe that the Eagles sit their players if they don't sign extensions? That's absurd bro, you are better than that.

Michael Lewis is a HUGE liability in coverage. One of the worst starting cover safeties in the league, I'm talking Roy Williams-esque. He was thought of as a good safety that can play in the box as an Eagle now that he plays in SF he's struggling so bad he likely won't even be starter as a 9er (who have very weak safeties). I wouldn't be surprised if he was even cut before the preseason. Considine although a below average starter was a much better fit on the Eagles and worlds better in coverage. That move had nothing to do with Michael Lewis not signing an extension he was playing poorly.

Let's get to Omar Gaither. He was struggling vs the run big time throughout the majority of the season. Perhaps it had something to do with changing positions. Regardless Akeem Jordan was an upgrade and played well at times in place of Gaither. Not only that but the run defense made significant improvements when Gaither was benched. How can you fault the Eagles for that? Again, that move had nothing to do with Gaither not accepting an extension.

I also have never heard about Gaither turning down a deal the Eagles offered? Could you provide a link to that.

I did find this though which leads me to believe he's not in the doghouse:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=Nfl&id=3972
Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #531
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

first of all

Michael Lewis was a good safety... much better than Considine was... it was a flat out dumb move to move Lewis and attempt to put considine there...

Gaither was a bit different... gaither was decent, But Like Bradley a bit better.....

G Cobb is my source Marlo....

http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?optio...354&Ite mid=1
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #532
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
first of all

Michael Lewis was a good safety... much better than Considine was... it was a flat out dumb move to move Lewis and attempt to put considine there...

Gaither was a bit different... gaither was decent, But Like Bradley a bit better.....

G Cobb is my source Marlo....

http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?optio...354&Ite mid=1
Rasheed, I liked Michael Lewis a lot, I even own(ed) his jersey. You can't deny that he was a very poor cover safety and that he was a liability on this team. It's true unfortunately. He got beat continually, poor foot work, misplayed deep balls, etc. His strengths were tackling, playing in the box, and he is a good blitzer. He was never a great fit for the Eagles although JJ did a good job of masking some of his weaknesses and not putting him in a lot of vulnerable spots. Considine was garbage as a starter and I hated watching him get run over constantly but at least he was in position to get run over where Lewis was lost out there.

Gaither was starting at WILL LB next to Bradley opposite Gocong for the first 10 games and started to play poorly. Akeem Jordan came in and was slightly better but was hungry and made some plays and in turn the run defense statistically improved. You can't fault the Eagles for that. I do like Gaither though he provides really good depth because he can play multiple positions and he is an ok starter in a pinch. I think he might be better suited in a 3-4. I agree that Gaither played well as our MIKE LB before Stewart Bradley but Bradley has been an upgrade and started to turn it on at the end of the season.

Good Ol' GCobb - He was singing a different tune during the season.

"You probably already know why L.J. Smith has been benched but you might wonder why Omar Gaither has been sat down.
I spotted Gaither in the Giants game refusing to attack New York fullback Madison Hedgecock on ISO (short for isolating back on linebacker) runs. The linebacker whether he's inside or outside must not cower from taking on the back when he knows he's the lead back in the hole.

There's no other way to say it, in the Giants game, Hedgecock took Gaither's heart and had him catching the block rather than attacking it.

You can believe the Ravens saw it on the video and were ready to run at Gaither all day long. Ravens starting fullback Le'Ron McClain is about 260 pounds and his backup is veteran fullback Lorenzo Neal, who is 255. They both do a great job of blocking.

Gaither also had trouble with the screen pass in the Bengals game. He went to sleep a couple of times in the game against the screens. Jim Johnson obviously feels that Akeem Jordan, who is faster and more athletic, will do a better job at the weakside linebacker spot."

http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?optio...262&Ite mid=1

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-28-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #533
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

you quoted Gcobb's assessment as if the recent argument is G Cobb's... Its not G Cobb's argument... Its Sheldon Brown's argument and Sheldon's assessment would be more valuable than G Cobb's.....
Old 04-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #534
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
you quoted Gcobb's assessment as if the recent argument is G Cobb's... Its not G Cobb's argument... Its Sheldon Brown's argument and Sheldon's assessment would be more valuable than G Cobb's.....
I don't understand?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #535
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

and for the record.....

Michael Lewis had a period where he was getting called for penalties and getting beat and missing assignments, but it wasnt like Considine was ever an upgrade at that position.....

We actually got lucky Mikell played so well at SS because we were screwed if he hadnt...

sorta like we were screwed when we tried to put greg lewis in to return punts and it cost us maybe 2 or 3 games that year we missed the playoffs

bad moves brought on by FO mistakes and mismanagement

P.S I actually came here today to give the birds credit....
Old 04-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #536
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I don't understand?

printing the old article doesnt have any relevance

the article from November was Cobb's reaction to Omar's play...

the article I quoted was Cobb reporting on Sheldon's argument about the eagles

one is cobb's reaction, and the other is Cobb reporting on sheldon's reaction

just because Cobb felt that way about Omar's play when he wrote the article does not mean that Sheldon's assessment is untrue

why have an argument if it is based on things that arent true anyway?

Sheldon doesnt strike me as a liar..... but the Eagles front office on the other hand.... they do strike me as dishonest guys..
Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #537
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
and for the record.....

Michael Lewis had a period where he was getting called for penalties and getting beat and missing assignments, but it wasnt like Considine was ever an upgrade at that position.....

We actually got lucky Mikell played so well at SS because we were screwed if he hadnt...

sorta like we were screwed when we tried to put greg lewis in to return punts and it cost us maybe 2 or 3 games that year we missed the playoffs

bad moves brought on by FO mistakes and mismanagement

P.S I actually came here today to give the birds credit....
Michael Lewis played poorly for an entire season I don't consider that a "period". If you play poorly for a season you lose your job.

And why continue to play Lewis who has a year left on his deal when you drafted a safety that you can try and develop and integrate him into the system (Considine).

Michael Lewis' play has declined since he joined the 49ers. That should indicate something. If your team lacks a pass rush and good cover corners he will be exploited continually in coverage to where it becomes a liability. Considine is no different but he was younger and at least had upside.

Greg Lewis was a mistake I agree with you there. That's been corrected has it not?

Rasheed, we have one of the best front offices in football eventually you'll figure that out.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-28-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #538
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
printing the old article doesnt have any relevance

the article from November was Cobb's reaction to Omar's play...

the article I quoted was Cobb reporting on Sheldon's argument about the eagles

one is cobb's reaction, and the other is Cobb reporting on sheldon's reaction

just because Cobb felt that way about Omar's play when he wrote the article does not mean that Sheldon's assessment is untrue

why have an argument if it is based on things that arent true anyway?

Sheldon doesnt strike me as a liar..... but the Eagles front office on the other hand.... they do strike me as dishonest guys..
I can not believe you still continue to defend Sheldon here. This is not the way to conduct yourself as a professional. This is a lose lose situation for him even if he does have a legitimate gripe. This kills his value and the rest of the league views him as a malcontent.

Sheldon is clearly angle shooting if he's talking about Gaither being benched due to not signing an extension. I've laid out why that isn't true and the numbers agree. Sheldon has an obvious bias because he's disgruntled. How can you fault the Eagles defense for benching him when the statistics indicate otherwise. That is an argument you nor he can refute.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-28-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #539
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Michael Lewis played poorly for an entire season I don't consider that a "period". ['b]If you play poorly for a season you lose your job.[/b]

not to sean considine you dont.....

moving a guy is good, if you put someone better there in his place... I hope you understand this

Quote:
And why continue to play Lewis who has a year left on his deal when you drafted a safety that you can try and develop and integrate him into the system (Considine).

the safety cant play safety marlo thats why you dont do that...

Quote:
Michael Lewis' play has declined since he joined the 49ers. That should indicate something. If your team lacks a pass rush and good cover corners he will be exploited continually to where it is a liability. Considine is no different but he was younger and had upside.

what was his upside? He was younger? thats flat out silly... He was decent on Special teams, but that was all he was.... I prayed they werent serious about keeping him there...

Quote:
Rasheed, we have one of the best front offices in football eventually you'll figure that out.

We have a pretty good front office.... yes indeed.. We also have a front office that is stubborn and they have a few quirks that hold the team back from a super bowl title IMO....

Quote:
Greg Lewis was a mistake I agree with you there. That's been corrected has it not?

^this is an example of their hard headed ways.....

Just because I dont kiss their ass on every move they make does not mean I dont realize they are competent and above most in the league.....

but see it isnt about any of that... its about a SUPERBOWL TROPHY and we dont have any of those marlo.....

so, as good as the Eagles FO is...... They could use some improvement....
Old 04-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #540
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who will Maclin compare too in the NFL?

1. Joey Galloway
2. Torry Holt
3. Reggie Wayne
4. Ted Ginn Jr
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: