Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #541
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Who will Maclin compare too in the NFL?

1. Joey Galloway
2. Torry Holt
3. Reggie Wayne
4. Ted Ginn Jr
Reminds me a lot of Torry Holt now that I think about it. I'm really excited to see him play.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #542
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I can not believe you still continue to defend Sheldon here. This is not the way to conduct yourself as a professional. This is a lose lose situation for him even if he does have a legitimate gripe. This kills his value and the rest of the league views him as a malcontent.

I always side with the person who is more honorable and has a legitimate gripe....

the Eagles are known liars and manipulators... You expect me to try repeat joe banner's rhetoric? please.... I'd sooner stop following the sport than try to get on his level

Quote:
Sheldon is clearly angle shooting if he's talking about Gaither being benched due to not signing an extension. I've laid out why that isn't true and the numbers agree. Sheldon has an obvious bias because he's disgruntled. How can you fault the Eagles defense for benching him when the statistics indicate otherwise. That is an argument you nor he can refute.

*you dont know if it is true or not... and Im inclined to believe someone like Sheldon before I believe Joe banner or someone like him....thats the first point....

the 2nd point is like I stated before..... Though I agree the Eagles have a good front office, they arent above reproach and alot of their habits hold us back from getting the title...

they need to fix this and move on to a championship... Ultimately, that the goal..

Not the cap, not Sheldon or Joe banner... Fix your situation, dead the drama get on with the super bowl run
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #543
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I always side with the person who is more honorable and has a legitimate gripe....

the Eagles are known liars and manipulators... You expect me to try repeat joe banner's rhetoric? please.... I'd sooner stop following the sport than try to get on his level

*you dont know if it is true or not... and Im inclined to believe someone like Sheldon before I believe Joe banner or someone like him....thats the first point....

the 2nd point is like I stated before..... Though I agree the Eagles have a good front office, they arent above reproach and alot of their habits hold us back from getting the title...

they need to fix this and move on to a championship... Ultimately, that the goal..

Not the cap, not Sheldon or Joe banner... Fix your situation, dead the drama get on with the super bowl run
The Coaching staff decided to bench Omar Gaither not the front office. I don't know how much more blunt I can be. It was a good decision you can not argue otherwise. The defense improved with Gaither off the field.

The front office plays the game Rasheed. The same way the agents and players play the game when the ball is in their court. Every team relies on deception and some unethical techniques to get an edge. That's how teams advance.

I'm repeating myself but I don't think you've ever specifically addressed my point that if the FO caved in and paid Sheldon you'd have a ton of players asking for new contracts because they felt underpaid. Not to mention it's been proven that when guys get paid they get comfortable. We would not be able to aggressively pursue the Jason Peters' of the world if we paid everyone. Winning organizations maximize their dollars (underpaying players) and overpay as little as possible. It's a cut throat league but that's the way it is.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #544
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The Coaching staff decided to bench Omar Gaither not the front office. I don't know how much more blunt I can be. It was a good decision you can not argue otherwise. The defense improved with Gaither off the field.

you need to understand that it is possible that Omar turned down the contract and got benched and played poorly....

and like I already said... I like the lb starters as they are, so I dont see what your beef is here

Quote:
The front office plays the game Rasheed. The same way the agents and players play the game when the ball is in their court. Every team relies on deception and some unethical techniques to get an edge. That's how teams advance.

so let me ask you a question then..... If this is just a game, then what are you mad at?

is it just a game when the eagles do it, but its unprofessional when Sheldon plays the game ?

which one is it marlo?

Quote:
I'm repeating myself but I don't think you've ever specifically addressed my point that if the FO caved in and paid Sheldon you'd have a ton of players asking for new contracts because they felt underpaid. Not to mention it's been proven that when guys get paid they get comfortable. We would not be able to aggressively pursue the Jason Peters' of the world if we paid everyone. Winning organizations maximize their dollars (underpaying players) and overpay as little as possible. It's a cut throat league but that's the way it is.

I already answered this, but Ill say it again...

cutthroat isnt always the best way to proceed.... Sometimes you cut your own throat when you play this game....

I dont care specifically if the eagles sign or trade or release Sheldon Brown...

like I have said from the very begininng, my point is that the Eagles need to improve their skills in dealing with their own players... they have way too many of these situations and they often cut the throats of players who have been very valuable assets to them...

Alot of what the Eagles do is not necessary..... We dont need Joe Banner on WIP 610 having a war of words with a player. The Eagles should above this kind of thing...

players are going to be upset from time to time and chirp about money...

If you arent going to pay them, at least be up front, but you dont get into a PR war...... Dont blow off the player's agent off.... act like you care even if you dont... the eagles usually hold almost all the cards... there is no reason for PR wars and acting defensive when you hold the cards...

the Eagles have too much BS going on with their own players and it isnt necessary..

you can win a super bowl and be a top notch front office without all this constant BS going on with your own players.....
Old 04-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #545
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The reason why The Steelers have chips and The Eagles do not is because they treat their own very well.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #546
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
you need to understand that it is possible that Omar turned down the contract and got benched and played poorly....

and like I already said... I like the lb starters as they are, so I dont see what your beef is here

so let me ask you a question then..... If this is just a game, then what are you mad at?

is it just a game when the eagles do it, but its unprofessional when Sheldon plays the game ?

which one is it marlo?

I already answered this, but Ill say it again...

cutthroat isnt always the best way to proceed.... Sometimes you cut your own throat when you play this game....

I dont care specifically if the eagles sign or trade or release Sheldon Brown...

like I have said from the very begininng, my point is that the Eagles need to improve their skills in dealing with their own players... they have way too many of these situations and they often cut the throats of players who have been very valuable assets to them...

Alot of what the Eagles do is not necessary..... We dont need Joe Banner on WIP 610 having a war of words with a player. The Eagles should above this kind of thing...

players are going to be upset from time to time and chirp about money...

If you arent going to pay them, at least be up front, but you dont get into a PR war...... Dont blow off the player's agent off.... act like you care even if you dont... the eagles usually hold almost all the cards... there is no reason for PR wars and acting defensive when you hold the cards...

the Eagles have too much BS going on with their own players and it isnt necessary..

you can win a super bowl and be a top notch front office without all this constant BS going on with your own players.....
So how is that the Eagles fault if he turned down an extension and in turn played poorly?

I'm not mad about anything? I have a different perspective on the Eagles front office. I never claimed they were perfect but they are damn good and I believe they are handling this situation correctly.

I've told you before I believe that Sheldon is underpaid. The point is that you can't have every player who feels that they are being underpaid expecting to get a new contract. You also can not conduct yourself in a manner that Sheldon is and expect to get paid. He's not playing the game well Rasheed. He's all but killed his chances. Truth be told I think he's getting really bad advice from someone.

Give me an example of a "top notch front office" that doesn't have gripe with players over contracts, etc. Asante Samuel left the Patriots on bad terms. Ellis Hobbs more recently was unhappy in New England. Alan Faneca left the Steelers on bad terms as well. This type of stuff is commonplace in the league.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #547
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
The reason why The Steelers have chips and The Eagles do not is because they treat their own very well.
LOL sorry Dasher but you don't have a clue.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07132/785478-66.stm
Old 04-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #548
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
LOL sorry Dasher but you don't have a clue.
The Eagles play hardball in situations where they don't have to. BDawk would have ended his career as a Cowboy, and Reggie would have never left Dallas. After seeing the error of his ways regarding Emmit, Jerry made sure that he made it up to him. The Eagles are a solid franchise, but because they are not as kind to their employees as other teams, being an Eagle does not mean as much as being a great player in other franchises. Steelers are always Steelers at heart. The same thing goes for Cowboys, Dolphins, Raiders, Packers, Skins, and now the Pats. I do not agree with how Sheldon is handling his situation though, as the Eagles took care of him when he was not a big deal.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #549
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
The Eagles play hardball in situations where they don't have to. BDawk would have ended his career as a Cowboy, and Reggie would have never left Dallas. After seeing the error of his ways regarding Emmit, Jerry made sure that he made it up to him. The Eagles are a solid franchise, but because they are not as kind to their employees as other teams, being an Eagle does not mean as much as being a great player in other franchises. Steelers are always Steelers at heart. The same thing goes for Cowboys, Dolphins, Raiders, Packers, Skins, and now the Pats.
LOL just quit while you're ahead.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07132/785478-66.stm

Obviously he's not the first player to gripe with the Steelers management.

The Patriots have had just as many discrepancies with players as the Eagles have.

All of the teams you listed have the same problems if not worse. Your argument swan dives out the window when you start using the Raiders as a gold standard.

You must be bored.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #550
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
So how is that the Eagles fault if he turned down an extension and in turn played poorly?

its the eagles fault if they benched him because he turned down their offer...

if the benching and the refusal of their offer have nothing to do with each other, then the Eagles arent at fault....

but if they do have something to do with each other than the eagles are at fault because you dont handle business like that..

Sheldon says they do and he has been dropping dimes and naming names lately.. and he isnt known to be a liar...

Quote:
I've told you before I believe that Sheldon is underpaid. The point is that you can't have every player who feels that they are being underpaid expecting to get a new contract. You also can not conduct yourself in a manner that Sheldon is and expect to get paid. He's not playing the game well Rasheed. He's all but killed his chances. Truth be told I think he's getting really bad advice from someone.

actually Sheldon will get paid by doing this... just not here..... he's not the first player to do this and he wont be the last... his rep is stellar and people sure as hell wouldnt consider him a problem player after taking the eagles to task about their ways... Like I said, who hasnt had beef with the eagles on this issue?

you saying Sheldon is killing his value is false and something Joe banner would say....

he is a commodity that will demand dollars no matter what team he goes to... Eagles arent the only team in the league.. him forcing his way out will eventually work to his advantage....

Quote:
Give me an example of a "top notch front office" that doesn't have gripe with players over contracts, etc. Asante Samuel left the Patriots on bad terms. Ellis Hobbs more recently was unhappy in New England. Alan Faneca left the Steelers on bad terms as well. This type of stuff is commonplace in the league.

alot of people left their organizations on bad terms... but you didnt see their front office get into a war of words with the player before hand either....

thats the point.....

you dont have to pay everybody every time they want some more doe, but you have to conduct yourself in an way that promotes the moves you make...

the Eagles dont need to do these things.... it makes them look bad...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #551
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
The Eagles play hardball in situations where they don't have to. BDawk would have ended his career as a Cowboy, and Reggie would have never left Dallas. After seeing the error of his ways regarding Emmit, Jerry made sure that he made it up to him. The Eagles are a solid franchise, but because they are not as kind to their employees as other teams, being an Eagle does not mean as much as being a great player in other franchises. Steelers are always Steelers at heart. The same thing goes for Cowboys, Dolphins, Raiders, Packers, Skins, and now the Pats. I do not agree with how Sheldon is handling his situation though, as the Eagles took care of him when he was not a big deal.

I basically agree with the main point here......

They didnt have to Re-sign Dawk... but they shouldnt have lowballed him and lied about it and made everything surrounding the issue soo ugly and painful to think about for the fans who loved the guy and the players who saw what happened and realize it didnt have to happen like that...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #552
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
its the eagles fault if they benched him because he turned down their offer...

if the benching and the refusal of their offer have nothing to do with each other, then the Eagles arent at fault....

but if they do have something to do with each other than the eagles are at fault because you dont handle business like that..

Sheldon says they do and he has been dropping dimes and naming names lately.. and he isnt known to be a liar...

actually Sheldon will get paid by doing this... just not here..... he's not the first player to do this and he wont be the last... his rep is stellar and people sure as hell wouldnt consider him a problem player after taking the eagles to task about their ways... Like I said, who hasnt had beef with the eagles on this issue?

you saying Sheldon is killing his value is false and something Joe banner would say....

he is a commodity that will demand dollars no matter what team he goes to... Eagles arent the only team in the league.. him forcing his way out will eventually work to his advantage....

alot of people left their organizations on bad terms... but you didnt see their front office get into a war of words with the player before hand either....

thats the point.....

you dont have to pay everybody every time they want some more doe, but you have to conduct yourself in an way that promotes the moves you make...

the Eagles dont need to do these things.... it makes them look bad...
This is beginning to get redundant. Sheldon is steaming and saying all sorts of things that he wouldn't ordinarily say.

Regardless of if he actually believes that Gaither was benched because he turned down an extension you nor he can deny that:

Gaither played poorly. His benching resulted in the defense improving.

It can't be anymore black and white than that. Sheldon is obviously trying to cause a sh*t storm to get himself out of Philadelphia ASAP.

I'd be surprised if Sheldon gets a new contract. He'll be a 31 year old corner next season. Considering that you'll have to give up somewhere between a 2nd and 3rd round pick it seems unlikely that some team is going to throw a bunch of guaranteed dollars when part of his appeal is that he's got a very fair contract.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #553
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
This is beginning to get redundant. Sheldon is steaming and saying all sorts of things that he wouldn't ordinarily say.

Regardless of if he actually believes that Gaither was benched because he turned down an extension you nor he can deny that:

Gaither played poorly. His benching resulted in the defense improving.

It can't be anymore black and white than that. Sheldon is obviously trying to cause a sh*t storm to get himself out of Philadelphia ASAP.

I'd be surprised if Sheldon gets a new contract. He'll be a 31 year old corner next season. Considering that you'll have to give up somewhere between a 2nd and 3rd round pick it seems unlikely that some team is going to throw a bunch of guaranteed dollars when part of his appeal is that he's got a very fair contract.

Sheldon is steaming and saying alot ......well is it lies?

I would be inclined to believe it is not lies.....

if it is not lies, then the eagles are at fault here....

As far as the main point to all this goes.....

It will be Sheldon's 1st incident and it will be the Eagles 101st incident of this kind.....

regardless of what happens to Sheldon Brown.... these incidents need to be curbed
Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #554
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Sheldon is steaming and saying alot ......well is it lies?

I would be inclined to believe it is not lies.....

if it is not lies, then the eagles are at fault here....

As far as the main point to all this goes.....

It will be Sheldon's 1st incident and it will be the Eagles 101st incident of this kind.....

regardless of what happens to Sheldon Brown.... these incidents need to be curbed
These incidents occur league wide all the time. Contractual disputes are common place in today's NFL.

We generally get one of these a year. Sheldon this year, Lito last year, T.O. the year before. That's pretty average if you look around at the rest of the league.

Boldin is unhappy in Arizona
Peters was unhappy in Buffalo
James is unhappy in Arizona
Chad Johnson is unhappy
Braylon Edwards is unhappy in Cleveland
Jay Cutler was unhappy in Denver
Julius Peppers is unhappy in Carolina

and so on so forth.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #555
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
These incidents occur league wide all the time. Contractual disputes are common place in today's NFL.

We generally get one of these a year. Sheldon this year, Lito last year, T.O. the year before. That's pretty average if you look around at the rest of the league.

Boldin is unhappy in Arizona
Peters was unhappy in Buffalo
James is unhappy in Arizona
Chad Johnson is unhappy
Braylon Edwards is unhappy in Cleveland
Jay Cutler was unhappy in Denver
Julius Peppers is unhappy in Carolina

and so on so forth.

^none of that is the point

the point isnt that the Eagles should always have happy players.... thats unrealistic....

the point is that how they deal with these players... the Lies? the PR wars? Ducking players' agents? the bully tactics?

they have a negative effect on the team and the fans and they simply are not necessary...

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 04-28-2009 at 02:35 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: