Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #571
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

Thank you for trading up for Maclin. If we would have traded up for Maclin we wouldn't have Nicks or Beatty. Although I think Maclin will be good I don't think he'll be better than Nicks
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #572
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm pretty sure if NYG had Robiskie you'd feel the same way. lol

Reese knows talent and he saw it with Maclin. Just the price wasnt worth it. Cant blame him. I wanted Nicks tho which is funny that a division rival got him. Should be fun battles.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #573
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jeremy Mac wit da cheese Maclin and Desean Action Jackson.

I gotta think of something for Jason Avant who is that dude as well.

Forget Reggie Brown. Kevin Curtis? Eh and Hank Bread Baskett is nice but until Mcnabb starts throwing to him we place it on hold.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #574
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Jeremy Mac wit da cheese Maclin and Desean Action Jackson.

I gotta think of something for Jason Avant who is that dude as well.

Forget Reggie Brown. Kevin Curtis? Eh and Hank Bread Baskett is nice but until Mcnabb starts throwing to him we place it on hold.
lol what was Boomer's nickname for Avant?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #575
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Jason you cant always get what you Avant
Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #576
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pass.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #577
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Joe 'Little Big' Horn.
Amani 'It's Not A' Toomer
Jerry "Halls of Mont" Azumah
Rob "My" Bironas
Tom "Here's a story of a man named" Brady
Tedy "Ice Cold" Bruschi
Donald "Duke in the" Driver
Curtis "My Favorite" Martin
Jonathan Villllmaaaaa - (flinstones shout of wilma)
Jake "Daylight Come and You Gotta" Delhomme
Old 04-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #578
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

no more Correll "General" Buckhalter.

AJ "Touchy" Feeley was always a favorite
Old 04-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #579
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Dawkins (20), Runyan (69), and Thomas (72) all have their old numbers go untouched at minicamp.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #580
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings weren't the only team interested in Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin. The New York Jets and New England Patriots were, too, with the Jets so eager they offered Philadelphia an attractive package of draft picks to move to the Eagles' 21st position -- one spot ahead of Minnesota.

As we know now, the Eagles didn't bite.

Instead, they moved up two spots to draft wide receiver Jeremy Maclin at the 19th spot. But that was only after they were approached by the Jets with an offer of four draft picks, including two in 2010. According to someone with knowledge of the situation, one of those was "a high first-day pick," and the other was a high second-day choice -- presumably a third or fourth rounder.

"The Jets were pretty aggressive," the source said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11688781

Quote:
The Eagles' cornerback checked in with the rest of his teammates for the post-draft camp that opens tomorrow with morning and afternoon workouts.

He insisted that his contract controversy that resulted in him asking for a trade 11 days ago would not be a distraction.

"It ain't going to wear on my mind," Brown said. "My job is to play football and that's what I'm going to do. I already said this isn't going to be a media circus. I'll speak one time and one time only and this is that time."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._SHOWS_UP.html

Last edited by Posterize246 : 04-30-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #581
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Wow, i thought Harvin wouldnt find much interest first round. Guess i was wrong. And I'm happy Eagles didnt bite on that package.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #582
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wow, i thought Harvin wouldnt find much interest first round. Guess i was wrong. And I'm happy Eagles didnt bite on that package.
Harvin is high risk high reward.

He's not going to be able to stay on the field in the NFL.

I wouldn't mess with him in the first round unless I have very few holes.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #583
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Forgot to post the other undrafted free agents the Eagles signed besides the 4 I already posted.

Marcus Thigpen - RB - Indiana (Scouting Report)

Dallas Reynolds - OL - BYU

Walter Mendenhall - RB - Illinois State (Rashard's brother)

Marcus Mailei - FB - Weber State

Sam Swank - K/P - Wake Forest

Thigpen didn't get the touches last year but on 94 attempts he had a 6.7 ypc average and 7 TD's. Also had 13 catches for 2 TD's. Just boxscore watching because I haven't seen the guy play, but it seems the scouting report is correct that is posted above as far as him being "elusive". Had a 7 carry 100 yard game, a 9 carry 113 yard carry game, and a 6 carry 109 yard game.

And not that we need more return guys but he's good at them too, had 3 kickoff TD's as a sophomore in only 24 returns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKP2XSX8_O4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjw1T...eature=related

Last edited by Posterize246 : 04-30-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #584
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

the Sheldon worries aren't so bad now...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._be_a_pro.html

Quote:
Asked if he had talked to team president Joe Banner, he offered a no comment.

He repeated that answer twice more when asked what he would say to Banner if the two men had a conversation and whether or not his fractured relationship with Banner could be repaired.

Brown insisted he'd have no problem showing up for work and doing his job even if a trade or new contract is not in his future. Banner has said the Eagles have no plans to trade Brown or sweeten his contract.

"This ain't going to wear on my mind," Brown said. "My job is to play football and that's what I'm going to do. I already said this isn't going to be a media circus. I'll speak one time and one time only and this is the time. After this, I have to go to work. I'm going to be a pro. I will play hard and be a pro."

Brown said he didn't discuss his situation with coach Andy Reid and he doesn't plan to. He made it clear that he has no animosity toward his coach and he believes the team's business decisions are all made by Banner.

"I'm hoping it's a Joe decision," Brown said. "I have a good relationship with coach Reid and I have a lot of respect for coach Reid. I would hope it would never come out that it was the coach's decision. If (Reid) wants to talk to me, I'll talk to him, but to be honest I don't really need to talk to him. He's the head coach. There are certain things he can't get involved in. I know that."

Brown also seemed undisturbed by the Eagles' decision to trade two fifth-round picks to New England for Ellis Hobbs Sunday, a move that gives the team three cornerbacks with plenty of starting experience. The other is Asante Samuel, who signed as a free agent before last season.

"They bring in people every year, so don't get it twisted," Brown said. "I've been fighting for my job every season. If Ellis Hobbs makes this team better, he needs to be on this football team. I have no problem with that. If I'm here, as long as we're winning, I'm great."

Reid insisted Sunday that the acquisition of Hobbs had nothing to do with Brown's contract dispute. Brown said he thinks the Eagles would have added a cornerback regardless of his contract situation, but their decision to add an experienced player at the position might have been driven by his trade request.

"I think they would have got somebody," he said. "I don't know if they would have got Ellis. Obviously they're kind of in a rebuilding mode right now anyway and I'm the last man standing. I'm on my way out any way you look at it."

Brown is the last remaining defensive starter from the Eagles' 2004 team that went to the Super Bowl.

Hobbs, who is in the final season of the rookie contract he signed with the Patriots, said he hopes Philadelphia can be his new home for a while after being discarded by the Patriots.

"I go in looking at it as one man's trash is another man's treasure," Hobbs said. "Somebody felt like it was time for me to move on . . . and somebody else said the time is here, the time is now for me. I see this as a window of opportunity."
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #585
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Walter Mendenhall - RB - Illinois State (Rashard's brother)

Wonder if he is any good.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: