Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #586
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wonder if he is any good.
Yeah, Rashard's older brother. He was never able to get a starting spot at Illinois after Rashard left, and we don't exactly have NFL talent at the position right now. That said, I haven't seen him play much, for the reason I just stated.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #587
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Mendenhall's senior year stats:

126 carries, 796 yards, 6.3 ypc average, 11 TD'S. Missed 3 games due to injury.

Looks extremely fast in highlight videos. Almost like the tapes are on fast-forward (hell they might be, dude looks quick as hell).
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #588
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

The more I read about Maclin the more I really start to get the impression we got ourselves a great great player. Everything I hear is positive and it seems like he's as much as a sure thing as any player in the draft. I watched numerous highlight videos and his hit tape and he seems so fluid running it looks effortless. He has great body control and he accelerates out of cuts very explosively. I'm starting to get the feelings this kid is going to be special.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #589
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

You dont watch college football much Marlo?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #590
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
You dont watch college football much Marlo?
Not at all.

The only time I watch is to watch a highly touted prospect like I'd watch USC because of guys like Taylor Mays, Rey Maualuga, etc.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 05-01-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #591
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
The more I read about Maclin the more I really start to get the impression we got ourselves a great great player. Everything I hear is positive and it seems like he's as much as a sure thing as any player in the draft. I watched numerous highlight videos and his hit tape and he seems so fluid running it looks effortless. He has great body control and he accelerates out of cuts very explosively. I'm starting to get the feelings this kid is going to be special.

I hope you're right, the Eagles could use a WR that doesn't have butterfingers in the big game.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #592
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Not at all.

The only time I watch is to watch a highly touted prospect like I'd watch USC because of guys like Taylor Mays and other guys.

Ok. Maclin and Percy Harvin were the games best playmakers. Maclin in just two years compiled a ton of yards in total by being used in various ways.

Taylor Mays is who i wanted (before Eagles signed Safeties) during college season. Physical specimen with speed. He'll be going high in 2010.

Quote:
I hope you're right, the Eagles could use a WR that doesn't have butterfingers in the big game.

Thats a problem that doesnt get mentioned much. But drops. I dont have the stats but that has been an issue with this team for atleast 3 seasons. It got to a point that commentators would mention where Eagles ranked in terms of drops. Eagles fans talk about converting 3rd and 1, and understandably so. But catch the damn ball! Even Desean Jackson dropped some big passes.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #593
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Maclin number is 18. 18 teams passed on him. Hmmm

Quote:
McCoy got some advice from another former Pitt standout, Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, a Panthers teammate of McCoy's brother, LeRon.

"He's told me to come in here and be humble, try to be friends with everybody, be open to learn, be very coachable," McCoy said.

Larry Fitz = the man
Old 05-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #594
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Maclin number is 18. 18 teams passed on him. Hmmm

Larry Fitz = the man
Taylor Mays is my favorite player in college football. He reminds me a lot of Sean Taylor.

I'm going to try and watch Tennessee to study Eric Berry. I haven't seen him play yet but I've heard incredible things about him. Berry and Mays will likely be top 10 picks and could be impact safeties like Polamalu and Reed.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #595
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
After the end of this weekend's minicamp, the Eagles have scheduled a visit and physical with undrafted rookie free agent linebacker Josh Mauga from Nevada, his agent told the Lahontan Valley News.

Mauga, 6-1, 243, was the WAC leader in tackles through the first seven games of the 2007 season and then injured an MCL, but returned in time to record 11 tackles in the Wolfpack's bowl game. In 2008, he played through a torn pectoral muscle and had 54 tackles with 3.5 sacks. He took part in the scouting combine and Nevada's pro day and then had surgery. He is halfway through a 10-week rehab and agent Michael Hoffman said he is ahead of schedule.

He has played outside in a 3-4 and also played the both middle and strong side in Nevada's 4-3 as a senior, according to NFL.com
Quote:
Hoffman said a number of teams have expressed interest in Mauga, but the biggest concern right now is his health.

“They have a strong interest in Josh and they want to see how it goes with him,” Hoffman said of the Eagles. “Other teams were interested, but at this point, they’re the first team to step up. Numerous teams have shown interest but want to get a sense of what he can do (after he’s medically cleared to play).”

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...inebacker.html

I'm starting to get that feeling like this is one of those special teams. We haven't had this much talent in idk how long, '04 probably? Almost lost in all the hype about getting Peters, Maclin, Weaver, E. Hobbs, etc. is that we're getting a 3-time pro-bowler in Shawn Andrews back. You can almost add him to the additions to the team from last year.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #596
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Herremans, Max Jean Gilles, Klecko, Curtis (hernia surgery April 15), Jack CB (can't spell last name), Stacy Andrews aren't participating in minicamp. None of the injuries are serious.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #597
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Anyone listen to Reid's press conference? Seems we got a new RT in Shawn Andrews.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #598
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Anyone listen to Reid's press conference? Seems we got a new RT in Shawn Andrews.

I thought he would be the tackle over Stacy... But that might effect our run game at the guard spot.. Shawn was mowing cats down for westbrook before he took last season off...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #599
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

On paper this is the best Eagles team I've seen.

Does that mean anything right now? No, but it's very encouraging especially considering how young the roster is.

One of the really impressive thing is the amount of depth they have @ virtually every position.

I really wish I had season tickets for this season.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #600
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I thought he would be the tackle over Stacy... But that might effect our run game at the guard spot.. Shawn was mowing cats down for westbrook before he took last season off...

Thats true.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: