Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #616
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

I read that too. SI seems to pick us to win the Super Bowl every year.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #617
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Any guesses to what the 53 man roster will look like?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #618
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Nice to see other people share my thoughts about the front office.

"I didn't want to let the draft go away completely without telling you what I feel is the most underrated and unknown story of draft weekend. I didn't notice it until I started piecing together all the trades from Day 2 of the draft, starting with the Giants' deal with Philadelphia that allowed New York to pick wide receiver Ramses Barden with a choice in the middle of the third round. But the upshot of that trade, and four others within five hours, left the Eagles as the power players in the 2010 draft.
What would you think if I told you the Philadelphia Eagles got third-, fifth-, sixth- and seventh-round draft choices, plus half a starting cornerback for nothing in this year's draft?
That's right. For free. There is no smoke, mirrors or cheating involved. Only thought and effort.

For moving down six spots in the third round -- eventually taking a player they were considering for that 85th pick anyway -- the Eagles got filthy rich. I am shocked more teams don't run their draft the way the Eagles do. It's almost irresponsible that teams don't do it the Philadelphia way.

"Actually, I'm happy more teams don't,'' said Tom Heckert, the Eagles general manager. "If more teams did, we wouldn't be able to do what we do.''
This may come out the wrong way, so bear with me. But if I were a football fan looking for a team to root for, I'd pick the Eagles, and what they did on draft weekend is a big reason. The Eagles think. They don't do things the way they've always been done because that's the way they've always been done. For all the frustrations they've given their fans because they haven't won a championship in the 10-year Andy Reid Era, they've done what, as a fan, I'd like my team to do: They give their fans a chance every July at camp time to think they're going to make the playoffs and have a chance to contend for the Super Bowl. Isn't that what you want, as a fan? A chance, every year? What team every year in this decade has given you that chance? Philadelphia. New England. Indianapolis. Pittsburgh. The Giants, maybe.
But what the Eagles did on the second day of the draft -- still unnoticed eight days later; no one's said a word about it -- is one of the greatest feats of trading down and getting value for the future that I've ever seen. And I mean ever. They took the 85th pick and eventually turned it into four draft choices between the third and seventh rounds, plus half of the compensation paid to New England to acquire Ellis Hobbs, a Super Bowl XLII starting corner."

High praise from Peter King
I want to make sure Rasheed catches this.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #619
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really wanna go to the Philly/Denver game for Dawkins. Most likely won't happen though. I'd be fine with going to any game this year.

Yo Marlo, Oct. 18th Eagles @ Raiders. Get there.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #620
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I really wanna go to the Philly/Denver game for Dawkins. Most likely won't happen though. I'd be fine with going to any game this year.

Yo Marlo, Oct. 18th Eagles @ Raiders. Get there.
HOLY SH*T. I didn't even realize that. I'm going to buy tickets ASAP.

Good looking out.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #621
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
HOLY SH*T. I didn't even realize that. I'm going to buy tickets ASAP.

Good looking out.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #622
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I want to make sure Rasheed catches this.

Im supposed to be impressed because peter King said nice things about the eagles?

Peter king is a clown first of all... he wouldnt be a guy that I respect enough to care what he thinks.... he is an expert in name only....

2nd... their drafting ability was never an issue in my book... sometime I think I wish they would made a different move or whatever, but I have no quarrel with their moves...

its their demeanor that concerns me... they are long on smugness and short on anything to prove themselves worthy of being soo smug especially to their own fans and players..

you need to let it go marlo....

I can separate my dislike for the characters in the front office from my love of the team itself...

a super bowl is all that matters to me.... I couldnt care less about the other stuff because we've done all that....

time for reid and his players to sh*t or get off the pot.....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #623
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Im supposed to be impressed because peter King said nice things about the eagles?

Peter king is a clown first of all... he wouldnt be a guy that I respect enough to care what he thinks.... he is an expert in name only....

2nd... their drafting ability was never an issue in my book... sometime I think I wish they would made a different move or whatever, but I have no quarrel with their moves...

its their demeanor that concerns me... they are long on smugness and short on anything to prove themselves worthy of being soo smug especially to their own fans and players..

you need to let it go marlo....

I can separate my dislike for the characters in the front office from my love of the team itself...

a super bowl is all that matters to me.... I couldnt care less about the other stuff because we've done all that....

time for reid and his players to sh*t or get off the pot.....
Peter King is a pretty good journalist Rasheed.

I just feel that you are OVERLY critical of the Eagles. I was for a while too until I start following the rest of the league more closely.

I also feel like you blow their "smugness" way out of proportion and a certain degree of "smugness" exists in all winning franchises.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #624
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Peter King is a pretty good journalist Rasheed.

I just feel that you are OVERLY critical of the Eagles. I was for a while too until I start following the rest of the league more closely.

I also feel like you blow their "smugness" way out of proportion and a certain degree of "smugness" exists in all winning franchises.

you like peter king ...Ive never been impressed with him or any of his views.... I dont need him to convince me of anything as far as the eagles go.....

his opinion wouldnt be the reason I change mine....

you think Im too critical.... I think you are a bit of a nut hugger when it comes to the front office..

me personally, I dont need to kiss the front office's ass and like everything they do in order to love the team..If I disapprove of them, doesnt mean I dont love the team ... I was a fan of the Eagles before Lurie and banner ever showed up and I will be a fan of the team when they are gone...

its really not a big deal... when the season rolls around, we will hopefully have alot to cheer for.. and if they win a super bowl, then maybe all the ego they display will be in its proper perspective....
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #625
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
you like peter king ...Ive never been impressed with him or any of his views.... I dont need him to convince me of anything as far as the eagles go.....

his opinion wouldnt be the reason I change mine....

you think Im too critical.... I think you are a bit of a nut hugger when it comes to the front office..

me personally, I dont need to kiss the front office's ass and like everything they do in order to love the team..If I disapprove of them, doesnt mean I dont love the team ... I was a fan of the Eagles before Lurie and banner ever showed up and I will be a fan of the team when they are gone...

its really not a big deal... when the season rolls around, we will hopefully have alot to cheer for.. and if they win a super bowl, then maybe all the ego they display will be in its proper perspective....
Rasheed, I was also an Eagles fan like you before the Reid era which has a lot to do with why I hold the Eagles FO in such high regard. I don't feel it's necessary to kiss the FO's office to prove my fandom. I'm slightly disappointed you would suggest that. I believe that most Eagles fans take for granted the team and don't give them enough credit.

The Eagles FO does so many things wells Their personnel moves are usually very good, they're undoubtedly one of the best drafting teams in the league, they rarely ever overpay for a player, and we have a shot to play in the Super Bowl ever year. I blame the players for not executing more than I blame the front office for not winning one by now.

Anyway, I do think that is the greatest offseason in the Banner/Reid era. That's saying a lot too. On paper I really feel that this Eagles team has more depth than any Eagles team to date. I'm very excited about this upcoming season.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #626
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Rasheed, I was also an Eagles fan like you before the Reid era which has a lot to do with why I hold the Eagles FO in such high regard. I don't feel it's necessary to kiss the FO's office to prove my fandom. I'm slightly disappointed you would suggest that. I believe that most Eagles fans take for granted the team and don't give them enough credit.

see I think the front office is very good but also very arrogant and their current philosophy makes it a bit harder to get over the hump..

they draft well and are very shrewd.. but like I said they are also very arrogant and will occasionally make dumb moves due to their arrogance.

these moves often are the difference between us hoisting the trophy and somebody like Pittsburgh or New England hoisting it...

also... I think they take the fans for granted... the fans are die hard around here and the eagles take that for granted....

Quote:
The Eagles FO does so many things wells Their personnel moves are usually very good, they're undoubtedly one of the best drafting teams in the league, they rarely ever overpay for a player, and we have a shot to play in the Super Bowl ever year. I blame the players for not executing more than I blame the front office for not winning one by now.

the players let the front office down but the front is still great? ....

if the front office is soo great marlo, then why do they populate the team full of players who let them down every year? doesnt make much sense to me

they could do a number things to help win more and place themselves in an easier position to get the title then they usually do

Quote:
Anyway, I do think that is the greatest offseason in the Banner/Reid era. That's saying a lot too. On paper I really feel that this Eagles team has more depth than any Eagles team to date. I'm very excited about this upcoming season.

they look to be shaping up pretty nicely on paper....but Ive seen enough seasons of the NFL to understand that the key phrase is 'on paper'

I hear pretty good things about Maclin and their free agent pickups were very good....

we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #627
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Some Eagles Draft-Day Steals (currently on roster)

Brian Westbrook - 3rd round (drafted behind William Green, TJ Duckett, Deshaun Foster, Maurice Morris, Ladell Betts)

Desean Jackson - 2nd round (drafted behind Devin Thomas, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Jerome Simpson)

Brent Celek - 5th round (drafted behind Matt Spaeth, Scott Chandler, Martrez Milner, Dante Rosario, and a kicker and punter who didn't see the field last season)

Nick Cole - Undrafted Free Agent

Trent Cole - 5th round (drafted behind Erasmus James, Marcus Spears, Matt Roth, Dan Cody, Vincent Burns, Chauncey Davis, Chris Canty, David McMillan)

Jamaal Jackson - Undrafted Free Agent

Stewart Bradley - 3rd round (drafted behind Quincy Black, Buster Davis...that lineback class has turned out to be great)

Quintin Mikell - Undrafted Free Agent
Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #628
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
ESPN's Todd McShay has posted his 2010 first-round mock draft already. What is notable about it is that McShay has the Eagles selecting with the 31st pick, meaning he has them reaching the Super Bowl and losing. He has New England winning it all.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #629
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mikell will be in the Pro Bowl and instead of 2nd team All Pro...1rst team!

You're going to be adding Q.Demps & Ingram to that list in a year or two.

Alot of mocks, sports mags got Eagles in the SB. Not feelin that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #630
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

A lot of people had the Cowboys making the superbowl last year.

Take those predictions with a grain of salt. In fact, when it comes to football.... nobody really knows. That's why it's great theatre.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: