Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #631
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

Here's some quotes from Cornelius Ingram's WIP interview yesterday:

Quote:
"He told me, he was like 'I get the guys to come out to Arizona for a week so we can get some things done,'" Ingram said. "He was gonna definitely make sure everything is taken care of, getting the information, where we're flying out of, everything like that. It's definitely a work in progress, and I'm definitely gonna be willing to do that anyway. Any way I can get better, especially with being around the veteran guys, just learning the whole NFL, how to be a professional athlete, how to practice and all that kind of stuff, every chance I get to be around a lot of veteran guys, I'm willing to do it so I'm definitely looking forward to it."

Some of you have communicated a concern that the Eagles don't have a true blocking tight end. It's a skill Ingram wasn't asked to perfect in Florida's spread offense, but one he's willing to work on.

"This past weekend, I think I was in the three-point stance 90 percent of the time," he said. "It's all about just playing football and being a football player so it wasn't difficult or it didn't feel strange at all."

Ingram had seven touchdowns with the Gators in 2007 and said he's looking forward to being a target in the red zone for McNabb.

"It's to the point where some of the stuff that we ran in the red zone yesterday, I was actually familiar with because we did a lot of it at Florida," he said. "And some of the formations that we run, it was named the exact same thing at Florida so I felt pretty comfortable when they called certain plays or they called certain formations, I automatically knew because I did it here at Florida."

And finally, Ingram explained that he knows about Philadelphia's football tradition and high expectations from fans. It helps that he's gotten advice from another Gator who's now a professional athlete in the city.

"They said they [the fans] can be hard-going sometimes, so I'm gonna definitely make sure I make all my blocks and catch the ball all the time," he said. "But they're definitely great fans, and I've talked to Mo Speights playing with the 76ers because he went to Florida and he's actually looking forward to showing me around whenever I get stable in Philly."
Maureese showin him around

also....AJ Feeley is being stalked...

Quote:
A 39-YEAR-OLD woman who lives in the same condo building as Eagles quarterback A.J. Feeley has been arrested and charged with stalking and harassing him. Ayesha Muzaffar is charged with two misdemeanors for which she faces a hearing May 15 in Common Pleas Court, according to criminal-court records. Muzaffar was arrested on similar charges in 2001, records show.

Sources tell us Muzaffar is believed to have stuffed sexually charged notes under Feeley's door in the Metro Club Condos (201 N. 8th). Asked if the harassment was of a sexual nature, Police Sgt. Ray Evers said he "can't get into all that." Evers, who wouldn't confirm that Feeley was the complainant, said the notes were not "sports- related."

"I can't get into the particulars because it's an ongoing legal matter now," said Feeley in a text message yesterday. "Scary though," he added. He's engaged to soccer star Heather Mitts.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 05-05-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #632
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
A lot of people had the Cowboys making the superbowl last year.

Take those predictions with a grain of salt. In fact, when it comes to football.... nobody really knows. That's why it's great theatre.

thats true... the thing that always liked about the NFL is that I could accurately pick my team's record before the season ever begins, but never the route they took to get there....

so much happens from week to week, it amazes me how some teams pull themselves together while other teams simply fall apart...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #633
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Some Eagles Draft-Day Steals (currently on roster)

Brian Westbrook - 3rd round (drafted behind William Green, TJ Duckett, Deshaun Foster, Maurice Morris, Ladell Betts)

Desean Jackson - 2nd round (drafted behind Devin Thomas, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Jerome Simpson)

Brent Celek - 5th round (drafted behind Matt Spaeth, Scott Chandler, Martrez Milner, Dante Rosario, and a kicker and punter who didn't see the field last season)

Nick Cole - Undrafted Free Agent

Trent Cole - 5th round (drafted behind Erasmus James, Marcus Spears, Matt Roth, Dan Cody, Vincent Burns, Chauncey Davis, Chris Canty, David McMillan)

Jamaal Jackson - Undrafted Free Agent

Stewart Bradley - 3rd round (drafted behind Quincy Black, Buster Davis...that lineback class has turned out to be great)

Quintin Mikell - Undrafted Free Agent
A few more:

Chris Gocong.

Omar Gaither

Quentin Demps

Todd Herremans
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #634
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

The Eagles begin training camp Sunday, July 26, with rookies and selected veterans scheduled to report to Lehigh.

The first workout will be the following morning.

All remaining veterans are scheduled to report Wednesday, July 29, with camp breaking at Lehigh on Aug. 12.

The first preseason game against New England is Aug. 13, with a 7:30 p.m. start time. The game was initially scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #635
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Who's going to win the starting job- Demps or Jones?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #636
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Demps. He is more of a ball hawk, centerfielder than Jones is who plays closer to the LOS. If Jones were to win a job then it would move Mikel to FS.

Demps would have to absolutely take a step back in the eyes of JJ to lose.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #637
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Remember Sam Rayburn?

Quote:
CHICKASHA, Okla. - Former NFL player Sam Rayburn is facing drug-related charges in his Oklahoma hometown.

The 28-year-old Rayburn was charged Tuesday in Grady County District Court with two felony counts of obtaining or attempting to obtain a controlled substance by forgery or fraud.

According to court papers, prosecutors are alleging that Rayburn presented forged prescriptions to try to obtain Percocet and Lortab, which are addictive painkillers.

Rayburn was arraigned on Tuesday and is free on $2,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is set for June 24.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ometow n.html
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #638
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Yeah one of Andy's guys. haha
Old 05-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #639
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Damn. He played well for us for a minute.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #640
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
The Eagles have agreed to terms with punter Bobby Kelsey, an undrafted rookie free agent from Illinois State.

Kelsey averaged 41.1 yards per punt last season and helped the Redbirds lead the Missouri Valley Conference and rank ninth nationally in net punting.

He is expected to come to Philadelphia on Monday to begin working with the team's special teams coaches. Kelsey figures to take some of the burden off Sav Rocca this spring and summer through training camp.

We told you yesterday about Wake Forest kicker/punter Sam Swank, but this moves likely means that Swank's role will be to help take some of the kicking chores off David Akers.

“The whole process has reminded me of the college recruiting process,” Kelsey said. “I just had to be patient and wait for things to happen. I’m excited about the opportunity. Now it is up to me to do my part.”

He joins former Illinois State teammate Walter Mendenhall on the Eagles' roster.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...nt_punter.html
Old 05-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #641
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Nationalfootballpost ranked the best NFL organizations, Eagles placed 4th

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ganizations-4/
Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #642
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Vincent_.html

Quote:
I spoke with former Eagles cornerback Troy Vincent over the weekend about Sheldon Brown’s unhappiness over his contract situation. I’ll elaborate more on the subject in Tuesday's Daily News.

But Vincent, a good friend of Brown’s, is fairly confident that this situation isn’t going to fester and be a locker room distraction for the team like Lito Sheppard’s situation was last year or the Terrell Owens soap opera in 2005.

``I would be very surprised if I saw anything more in the newspapers about it,’’ said Vincent. ``When I saw it last year at this time (with Sheppard), and as it moved forward, it never surprised me. Because you could see by the tone and by the comments that there was more coming. That this wasn’t going to end. That is was going to go through the entire season. That it would be part of the locker room. I don’t see that (with Sheldon).’’
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #643
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...to_Boldin.html

Quote:
Eagles coach Andy Reid said yesterday in an interview on the morning show on WIP-AM (610) that the team checked into the availability of Arizona wide receiver Anquan Boldin before the NFL draft, but found the price too high.

Reid suggested the price might have been first-, third- and fifth-round draft picks.

"That's a lot of picks, No. 1," Reid said. "And then you're going to pay the guy $10 million. So you get hit on both sides of it."
Old 05-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #644
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

1rst, 3rd and 5th? Yeah we saw how giving up a ton of picks worked for Dallas.

Good job Reid and company, good job.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #645
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

I think the bar would move as high you let them move it in that situation...

that price plus the salary....

I agree with Reid when he says he doubts they really wanted to do a trade even though they pretended to....

he is still there and plenty of teams want this guy...

all in all it was a very good draft...

I do think we need another Rb who can block and carry the load if Westbrook isnt healthy this season.. eagles have a habit of getting bit in the ass when we dont do our due diligence
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: