Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #676
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

I think we should get a real defensive coordinator to start off. Draft Chance Warmack. Best OL prospect in the draft, and could very well develop into an elite OG. Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Warmack-Herremans is a very legit OL. Stick with Foles for now. Draft safeties and corners, lots of them. Aso is worthless, Coleman and Allen are average at best. DRC is alright and Boykin looks good as a nickel, but we need help there. I don't understand our front seven. They are very talented, but yet they can't get a sack for their life. Can't stop the run,either.

I almost wouldn't mind switching to a 3-4 defense with the new coach. Actually, I think we should. Send Cole + Babin out for some picks, I feel as if we can make the transition rather easily.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #677
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I think we should get a real defensive coordinator to start off. Draft Chance Warmack. Best OL prospect in the draft, and could very well develop into an elite OG. Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Warmack-Herremans is a very legit OL. Stick with Foles for now. Draft safeties and corners, lots of them. Aso is worthless, Coleman and Allen are average at best. DRC is alright and Boykin looks good as a nickel, but we need help there. I don't understand our front seven. They are very talented, but yet they can't get a sack for their life. Can't stop the run,either.

I almost wouldn't mind switching to a 3-4 defense with the new coach. Actually, I think we should. Send Cole + Babin out for some picks, I feel as if we can make the transition rather easily.

They just cut Babin.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #678
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow cut Babin to give young guys a chance to play

Eagles already cleaning house

he had 18 sacks last year too...crazy
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #679
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn DeSean Jackson out for the season...the hits keep comin

not that it matters now, but maybe to fantasy owners
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #680
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I think the Wide 9 experiment has failed miserably. It's a copycat league, and even after all those sacks last year, you don't see anyone else doing it and having success. I agree with you that they have the bodies, but that system has to change.

As someone mentioned, Babin released. Good riddance.

So where do big time OG prospects get drafted these days? I've always heard that was one of those positions that teams don't use a high pick on. Where's your guy projected?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #681
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Just heard someone on ESPN radio claim that Cole will be released at the end of the season...
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #682
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I think the Wide 9 experiment has failed miserably. It's a copycat league, and even after all those sacks last year, you don't see anyone else doing it and having success. I agree with you that they have the bodies, but that system has to change.

As someone mentioned, Babin released. Good riddance.

So where do big time OG prospects get drafted these days? I've always heard that was one of those positions that teams don't use a high pick on. Where's your guy projected?
Warmack is #3 on Scouts Inc. Top 32 draft eligible players and #7 on Kipers big board.

Walter Football's mock draft has him getting selected at #15.

If he was a Tackle he would be a top 5 pick. since he's a guard he'll probably go between 10-20 unless a team in the top 10 falls in love with him.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #683
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Eagles finish 4-12, and expect to be around the sixth pick. We could always take the tackle out of TA&M whose name I forgot, and move Herremans back inside? I don't know. I think adding Warmack and getting the O-Line healthy fixes our offensive problems.

Defense, again, I want to go to a 3-4. Cox can be a 3-4 DE easily and play it effectively, in my opinion. And we could look into that Star Lolabajsfkhsaba as a NT.

Trevardo Williams, my UConn boy, is destined to be a 3-4 rusher. 6'2 and 235 pounds, 1 inch and 2 pounds lighter than Von Miller. All-time UConn sacks leader, was a sprinter in high school and finished second in the 100 meters at the All-New England. 4.4 speed, 11.5 sacks in 11 games this year. Player! Pick him up and maybe Star instead of Warmack and we are looking legit as a 3-4.

Last edited by UConnCeltics : 11-27-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #684
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd rather a bigtime Tackle to put at RT that would eventually replace Jason Peters. You get Peters back healthy, move Todd Herremans at LG his position where he actually was worth talkin about and the young OT at RT. You have 3 capable bodies. I'm not a fan of RG Watkins at all. Bad pick.

Eagles wont go releasing everyone either. It'll depend on the new regime. You get rid of Babin/Cole and replace them with inexperience? Eh.

DRC is a FA no? Nnamdi can be released without cap penalty no?

Some situations that will be determined by a new HC I think especially when it comes to Vick. I wouldnt mind him gone but what other options are there? Might have to ask him to redo that deal.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #685
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Joeckle seems like the perfect player for you guys. Or Jake Matthews if you pick in the 10 range.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #686
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I personally hope they lose out... I also want them to be pragmatic...Hold on to Nnamdi dont just dump him...he might complete a trade or something before next season. Trent Cole too...

They need to figure the direction they want to go in and get it done... they have some good talent.. keep it or trade it wisely..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #687
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'd rather a bigtime Tackle to put at RT that would eventually replace Jason Peters. You get Peters back healthy, move Todd Herremans at LG his position where he actually was worth talkin about and the young OT at RT. You have 3 capable bodies. I'm not a fan of RG Watkins at all. Bad pick.
What about Mathis? I think if we add a decent tackle or guard then the O-Line might actually be good.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #688
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What about Mathis? I think if we add a decent tackle or guard then the O-Line might actually be good.

Move him to RG. I don't like Watkins. He's been mediocre this season.

Peters-Herremans-Kelce-Mathis-rookie OT
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #689
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Who is our next coach? Chip Kelly?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #690
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Who is our next coach? Chip Kelly?

I want a proven HC that has a resume in the NFL as such.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: