Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #61
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

season ticket holders are pissed...eagles are like 40 million under the cap...bottom line is the eagles let dawks walk for 2 years/$9m. imo the eagles are gonna make a huge trade or a signing...they have no choice...they just let dawks walk for peanuts, YES PEANUTS compared to what this man is worth to all Philly fans. if they dont make a signing they must answer to the season ticket holders. in reality the eagles have some money and are so under the cap they should have signed dawks and a marquee free agent.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #62
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star

TakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Yeah I know, that's still nuts they gave him five years. He'll play only 2 though

They gave him 5 years to spread out the signing bonus, thats all.
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #63
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did anyone see the Dawkins press conference? Didn't exactly seem too happy...

And wow, Dawk broke down on the phone interview I just heard with Derrick Gunn.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 02-28-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #64
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The lengthy pauses had nothing to do with the cell phone service. Brian Dawkins was in tears Sunday, when he responded to a request from the Daily News to talk to the fans of Philadelphia.

"I've just got to thank them. For so many years, we obviously connected on a very deep basis," Dawkins said the day after he left his only NFL home for 13 seasons to sign with the Denver Broncos. "For so many years, they've allowed me to come into their living rooms, to laugh with them, to party with them, to celebrate with them, to cry with 'em through tough losses, to bleed with them. I just really appreciate the way they accepted me, a little safety from Clemson."

Asked about the fact that the Broncos are scheduled to visit the Eagles this season, at a yet-to-be-determined date, Dawkins was overcome with emotion. "Whew," he said. "It's tough. This is not just business for me. I never thought that this would happen this way. I thought the only time I would shed tears in an interview would be because of my retirement from the Eagles, not like this."

Dawkins would not address what the Birds offered to keep him here. Dawkins, 35, reportedly will make more than $9 million guaranteed in the first two years of the reported five-year, $17 million deal he signed in Denver.

"I want to do this the right way," he said.

The day after, it would not be stretching to say Dawk sounded like he had regrets -- buyer's remorse, at the very least.

"In a couple of weeks or a month, I'll be excited about this team," Dawkins said. "I've got to get used to saying that -- I'm a Bronco." Then he paused. "I'll tell you one thing -- I'll always be an Eagle."

Then he paused again, and excused himself.
Quote:
"It hurts," Dawkins said when asked about his decision to leave the only NFL city he had called home before Saturday. "It still does hurt. That's a place that I very much felt a part of. I felt like a Philadelphian, so this is very hurtful. But I'm trying to move forward with the Broncos."

Dawkins said he talked to Eagles coach Andy Reid before signing with the Broncos, but he refused to elaborate. He said the thing he'll miss most about the Eagles will be the relationships with his teammates and the fans.

"I built relationships with guys that had nothing to do with football," Dawkins said. "The guys there trusted me and believed in me and helped me through some situations that were tough.

You thought AI got a great ovation from the fans? Wait to see what Dawk gets when the Broncs come to Philly this year.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #65
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #66
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Tra Thomas visited with Jacksonville
Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #67
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Eagles make me wanna vomit.... where is the vomit emoticon?

this doesnt look like a team trying to get better.... everyone is leaving... They are gonna play hardball with McNabb and I wouldnt be surprised to see him try to get traded...

this reminds of when Reggie White left the team(because mgmnt didnt bother to offer him a contract) all the other stars lost their fire to compete here and they started looking for the door.... I wouldnt be surprised to see this happen again..

Reid and the front office have done the fans a terrible disservice imo.... I know Dawk was aging but he was also the player of the month for the last month of his tenure as an eagle.... He was a bigtime leader in the lockerroom and Im not sure who picks up that slack..... I figured Demps would replace Dawkins, but I hear they dont think he is ready...

the eagles are really pushing their luck with the fans right now.... they could turn this around and retool this team by July-August... but like I said last week, Im not at all optimistic.... these guys are arrogant and very hardheaded.

I dont have alot of faith in them.. they carry themselves as though they won a championship in the last 10 years when they havent...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #68
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Does Philly care about winning a Championship in the McNabb era? The last time they tried to help him out was the TO signing, and now it seems like they just want to hang around playoff contention until Colb is ready (if he ever is).
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #69
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I really want to see the press conference now. As a G-men fan when I heard the news, I had the biggest smerk on my face. Thank you Philly for letting the beast walk
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #70
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Shawn Springs paid a visit to Philly

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...m_No_Dawk.html
Quote:
Shawn Springs is not Brian Dawkins, the soon-to-be-34-year-old free agent defensive back said today.

"He's a guy that will never, ever be replaced in Philly," Springs said during a press conference held in conjunction with his Eagles visit, at NovaCare. "I think he's going to always be a part of this community. Brian Dawkins is one of those guys you could actually see in a Denver uniform and still think he's an Eagle ... We're a totally different style of game. I have a lot of respect for him as a person, moreso than a football player. He's a great man.

"I came in the league as a true cover corner, who can play safety besides, and who can blitz ... Brian Dawkins came in as a true safety .. that's like comparing apples and oranges."

But the Birds, still pretty well-stocked at corner despite the departure of Lito Sheppard, are looking for help at safety, clearly, and they've brought in for a chat a respected veteran with a lot of mileage on his clock. The comparisons will be hard to avoid, should Springs sign. He has visited the Patriots and indicated he might visit the Saints, as well.

Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson was on the Seattle staff when Springs was drafted third overall there in 1997. Springs said they had a detailed discussion today about how Johnson might see Springs fitting into the Eagles' defense.

"Jim mainly said, like, safety, and that was fine with me ... when I played for Washington, I was all over the field," Spring sad. "I wasn't a full-time safety, but we had a lot of packages where I was like a safety."
Oh no, don't sign your 35 year old safety who's a legend in your town. Sign a 33 year old cornerback to switch positions and replace him!

In other news, Tra Thomas said their is no interest coming from the Eagles to resign him.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #71
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kurt Warner signed with the Cardinals today. Even offered to take a pay cut for $1 min each year if they work out a new contract for Boldin. Good news in Arizona while bad news keeps pouring down in Philly.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #72
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Eagles don't seem all that excited about this year's crop of free agents. "I wish there were more (free agents) available," club president Joe Banner said.

Says enough for me.

Probably patch up positions thru the draft and signing vets for cheap.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #73
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Have the Broncos had their introductory press conference for Sadie Hawkins?
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #74
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Joe Banner's out lyin his ass off on radio about the Dawkins situation.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #75
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Joe Banner's out lyin his ass off on radio about the Dawkins situation.
i just listened to that interview...sigh
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: