Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Allen Iverson to the bench;Rip back in starting lineup

This mancrush on Stuckey the Pistons have is not healthy.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #17
Vancouver-Grizz
Where is MOTEN???

Vancouver-Grizz has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Rip should have never been sent to the bench

Agree....Should of been stuckey on the bench till next year.

Iverson/Hamilton is the best combo for them right now.
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

They have issues, had issues even before AI got there. They're just using him as a scapegoat. I doubt this makes THAT much of an impact. AI deserves better.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
-M-I
HI

-M-I is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I can't wait for this and when they keep playing and looking like sh*t, who are they gonna blame it on then?
-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #20
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M-I
I can't wait for this and when they keep playing and looking like sh*t, who are they gonna blame it on then?

Thats easy, they'll go for Stuckey next.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

I have always thought Allen Iverson was perfect for the 6th man role. Starters like Manu Ginobili & Jason Terry are making that 6th man position mean something again and Iverson can join right in with them and give the Pistons a dynamic they havent had.

But, in the end, it really doesnt matter who starts, Stuckey or Iverson, as long as Rip is in the starting lineup. They should have never benched Rip for Stuckey or Iverson, that was a dumb move.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I'm going to LOL if they go on a 6+ win streak after this.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #23
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

I love how the actual Pistons fans and people that actually watch the game know Stuckey should be on the bench.

It's the others that hurt us.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #24
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M-I

considering the lost their last eight games, it would be really hard not to get some sort of statistical improvement from this move..... i think we will be more likely to hear that the pistons are doing well since the move of AI to the bench, than it is stuckeys fault now. if they go on to lose their next eight games..... everyone will be blamed....

GET USED TO THE BENCH IVERSON........... or go to europe or retire for all i care

one of the most OVERRATED players of ALL time.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

yall chumps gonna lose to OrLANDO
The_Yearning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #26
Fatal_Flaw
I hit open 5-footers

Fatal_Flaw has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
The pistons are going to get worse, very bad idea.

the pistons can't get much worse. they've lost 8 straight and have gone 4-12 since rip got benched. i've been saying for months that ai should have been benched before rip.

i'll say this though. ai's ego is gonna be in for a rude awakening now and this summer. if ai wants any chance at a ring, he better get used to coming off the bench as a sixth man. no contender is gonna pick him up in the summer and insert him in the starting lineup.
Fatal_Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #27
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

You also forget that pistons went on a six game winning streak without RIP( injured), and AI - Stuckey being starters.

4 - 12 is thanks to the schedule, which was quite tough for the pistons.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #28
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm glad the Pistons have been having all these nationally televised games lately. Suns too. I like watching slow motion train wrecks.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is how it should be. Stuckey has played poorly the past 6 weeks, but all you idiots just can't ignore what he did the last half of last year, last years playoffs, and the start of this year because of a bad stretch where the team is in shambles all around him. He still distributes well and can defend better than Iverson. Not like he's jacking up 17 shots a night while averaging 35%.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #30
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

Christ, I've seen so many uninformed morons post in 1 thread.

FACTS:

1. Stuckey is starting because he is a point guard. He can run the offense. He has struggled the past three weeks as he hit the wall. Prior to that, since becoming a starter, he averaged 16 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds a game(Spanning Dec and Jan), while shooting 50% from the field and averaging 2 turnovers. He is a second year player. Chill the *** out with the "Stuckey sucks" crap you idiots.

2. Dumars traded Billups for a couple reasons. First, the trade clears loads of cap space for 2009 and 2010 which could set teh team up for another prolonged run of success. They have replacement on board (Stuckey). Also he figured AI would energize the team and help them with playoff scoring. It had nothing to do with Dumars thinking AI was a better fit than Chauncey. Chauncey did NOT want to leave. He heard the rumors that he may be dealt so his agent asked Dumars to trade his client to Denver if the situation called for it.

3. They are not benching AI because they think he sucks. They have tried everything else and nothing has worked. Maybe this helps? They have to try it. Hamilton gives the starting unit better cohesion and defense. Someone they are familiar with. Iverson can be a great energetic 6th man and can kill the opponents' bench. The team seems to play better with Hamilton on the floor.

What else can I answer for you uninformed gentlemen?
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: