Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #31
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish's front page headline.

i too i was gonna make a thread but just forgot..too funny
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:29 AM   #32
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Thank god someone else was on board this trolley!
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 AM   #33
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

A better headline would be: "Rockets don't want Head after being screwed by Mcgrady."
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #34
socomberetta
I airball my layups

socomberetta has an OK reputation so far

I want Head
Give me Head now.
Till Im dead.
Give me Head now.
Till Im dead, Give me Head.
I want Head, Till Im dead.
I want Head Head Head Head Head

YEAH!
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #35
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL!
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:43 AM   #36
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want Head
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:05 AM   #37
dj ys
I airball my layups

dj ys has not been impressing people
Default Re: Rockets waive Luther Head

My sixers need something. Maybe Head would be good lol?
dj ys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #38
mltk53
I brick open layups

mltk53 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller

WHY???? I don't give a crap about the rockets, but why?
von wafer
mltk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM   #39
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here
Default LOL @ "Rockets Don't Want Head" title on ISH rumors page

how GOAT is that
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #40
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
Because he is garbage and there is no minutes for him at SG.
You're half-right.

The Rockets did this as a courtesy to Luther Head. He obviously didn't fit into their plans any longer, and that happens in pro sports, even to capable players.

Just two years ago, Luther averaged 10.9 points, 3.2 boards and 2.4 assists for a 50-win team, and was fourth in the league in 3pt% at .441 and sixth in 3pt field goals with 177. He didn't get worse in the meantime, I promise you. He's 26 years old, hasn't lost any athleticism in the last two years (though he's not the athlete he was in high school before injuries in his early years at Illinois forced him into becoming a more skilled player)

In other words, he's capable of contributing to a good team and brings an elite specific skill with him in his outside shooting. If you can do something at that high of a level like Luther can, you're going to have a job.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 03-01-2009 at 03:32 AM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:30 AM   #41
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: LOL @ "Rockets Don't Want Head" title on ISH rumors page

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122714
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #42
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
You're half-right.

The Rockets did this as a courtesy to Luther Head. He obviously didn't fit into their plans any longer, and that happens in pro sports, even to capable players.

Just two years ago, Luther averaged 10.9 points, 3.2 boards and 2.4 assists for a 50-win team, and was fourth in the league in 3pt% at .441 and sixth in 3pt field goals with 177. He didn't get worse in the meantime, I promise you. He's 26 years old, hasn't lost any athleticism in the last two years (though he's not the athlete he was in high school before injuries in his early years at Illinois forced him into becoming a more skilled player)

In other words, he's capable of contributing to a good team and brings an elite specific skill with him in his outside shooting. If you can do something at that high of a level like Luther can, you're going to have a job.

not questioning his ability. He obviously has great range. But he is a shooting guard trapped in a point gaurd body. He is too small to be a effective SG in the league. Do you know WHY he shot .441 from the arc? Its because The open looks he gets from the double teams of yao and mac. take that away and he is nothing but a way undersized SG that cant create a open look for himself.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #43
TheWitness
Serious playground baller

TheWitness has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj ys
My sixers need something. Maybe Head would be good lol?

what can Head provide for the Sixers?
TheWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 AM   #44
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was thinking the same thing!
Dirty minds think alike.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:02 AM   #45
TheWitness
Serious playground baller

TheWitness has an OK reputation so far

NO HEAD PLEASE! HAHAHA

TheWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: