Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #61
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rockets waive Luther Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
If he goes to the Spurs, I'm gonna be pissed. Boo f'ing hoo if he wants playing time, you don't throw a rival conference team a bone.

So the Rockets should keep him on the bench just so a rival conference team doesn't get him? I rather have them free up space so we can add a player ourselves. I much rather see James White get a 10 day than to have Head sit there and waste space. We're talking about LUTHER HEAD here. I highly doubt hes the missing piece the Spurs need to win the title.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #62
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

a contender would be stupid to sign to luther head unless you need an injury reserve that badly...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #63
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
So the Rockets should keep him on the bench just so a rival conference team doesn't get him? I rather have them free up space so we can add a player ourselves. I much rather see James White get a 10 day than to have Head sit there and waste space. We're talking about LUTHER HEAD here. I highly doubt hes the missing piece the Spurs need to win the title.

Neither do I, but if he accounts for just one game the Spurs move up in the standings, we could potentially be screwing ourselves. I acknowledge it's a slight chance, but it's not one we should be handing out. As for us signing a replacement, I doubt it, there's no one out there. If someone were to get injured, Head would be an insurance policy (is that the phrase I'm looking for?).
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #64
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

luther head will get alot better wide open looks from 3 in san antonio compared to houston.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #65
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

I like Luther Head. At one point, he was my favorite Rocket, but he couldn't play the same as he did with JVG and I can't figure out why. I would of thought he could do a lot better under Adelman. I hope he gets signed to a good team.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #66
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

raptors need to sgin every FA avaliable as they lack eberything and need more depth,
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #67
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
luther head will get alot better wide open looks from 3 in san antonio compared to houston.

No he won't, Yao is doubled just about everytime he touches the ball, against teams without legit bigs sometimes even without the ball.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #68
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Spurs would be fun. He would get a chance to shut up his former team.

More like Houston would get the chance to benefit off his TOs and boneheaded plays instead of paying for them.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #69
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

are you going to change your name?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #70
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
are you going to change your name?

I sure as hell need to Tmac sucks and has played his last game here and Head has left the building.

Oh yeah to top off what I was saying earlier.......not only can Luther not dribble or pass. He turns into casper in the playoffs....so the only strength he has (shooting) can't even help you when you reach the postseason. He was a huge reason for our loss against Utah a couple of seasons ago.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #71
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
More like Houston would get the chance to benefit off his TOs and boneheaded plays instead of paying for them.

Don't understand the word chance do you
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #72
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Don't understand the word chance do you

Yes I do.....that's why I said Houston would get the "chance" to take advantage of Luther's ball handling...or lack there of.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #73
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

My fault I initially read that wrong
Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #74
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Looks like the Heat are looking at Head too. I think that would be the best fit for him as far as playing time goes. He probably won't win a title but at least he should make the playoffs.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #75
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Looks like the Heat are looking at Head too. I think that would be the best fit for him as far as playing time goes. He probably won't win a title but at least he should make the playoffs.

That sounds bad, Daequan Cook gets all the off-guard minutes off the bench. He would have to come in to be point for Mario? Luther will split back up point guard duties with Chris Quinn? I just don't like the sound of that.

If the Suns have any interest they really should go after this guy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: